Suns @ Mavericks Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-8-2022 - Game 4

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have to admit I’m slightly nervous about this game because losing would mean the season comes down to game 5 at home and all the pressure would be on us.
I hate to say it but I think the suns will win this game. I'd be as nervous as you or moreso if I thought dallas had a real shot, but I think Phoenix will shoot the ball better today and that's really the difference in whether they win or lose. Phoenix are just too deep for dallas. Now if Dallas win today obviously we have a deep series on our hands.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We have playoffs Monty though.. so this doesn't apply. :). He's gonna have to potentially run CP into the ground because of his lack of trust in his bench right now. We'll see...
I don't know about that, I'm no expert on the suns so I will yield to your expertise. I do think Dallas played better D in game 3, but for me this game is really dependent on how Phx shoots the ball. Of corse there are some mavs players that need to show up in this series, like Dinwiddie to name one, but if Phx play to their potential they will win.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know about that, I'm no expert on the suns so I will yield to your expertise. I do think Dallas played better D in game 3, but for me this game is really dependent on how Phx shoots the ball. Of corse there are some mavs players that need to show up in this series, like Dinwiddie to name one, but if Phx play to their potential they will win.
Well I'm no expert on the matter, but from what I've seen around here with the guys who religiously watched the regular season is that their might be a regular season Monty and playoffs Monty. He's apparently shortening the bench more now....which will happen in the playoffs understandably with some teams. But, it just makes the teams strong regular season "depth" disappear to a degree.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert on the matter, but from what I've seen around here with the guys who religiously watched the regular season is that their might be a regular season Monty and playoffs Monty. He's apparently shortening the bench more now....which will happen in the playoffs understandably with some teams. But, it just makes the teams strong regular season "depth" disappear to a degree.
oh ok, Carlisle got fired for doing that to the mavs. not saying it's the same thing with Monty, but take Brunson for example, he was the star of game 3 for dallas, and Carlisle hated Brunson for some reason in the playoffs last year, and Luka was gassed out in game 7 vs. the clippers because of it. I do like that Kidd seems to be ok with sitting Doncic, but the first 2 games were way too much Luka

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh ok, Carlisle got fired for doing that to the mavs. not saying it's the same thing with Monty, but take Brunson for example, he was the star of game 3 for dallas, and Carlisle hated Brunson for some reason in the playoffs last year, and Luka was gassed out in game 7 vs. the clippers because of it.
Lol. Sounds unfortunately similar...he's got Holliday on the bench and wasting away minutes with Payne because of some weird loyalty thing right now. I'm not impressed with playoff Monty tbh. CP will have to bail him out if we want to make a push for the finals again...

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Coaching is not the issue. It's the level of intensity that our guys bring. The Mavs were the aggressors last game and the Suns were not. These Suns do not like to lose. I think you'll see a much more aggressive Suns team today.

GO SUNS!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coaching is not the issue. It's the level of intensity that our guys bring. The Mavs were the aggressors last game and the Suns were not. These Suns do not like to lose. I think you'll see a much more aggressive Suns team today.

GO SUNS!
Fair...and I agree about the intensity. But, the depth has changed and that is a coaching issue/decision. We'll see if the bold move works out, Cotton! :)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Fair...and I agree about the intensity. But, the depth has changed and that is a coaching issue/decision. We'll see if the bold move works out, Cotton! :)
It's true that Monty is not going as deeply into his bench as he did in the regular seasons but that's true with most playoff teams. Your better players give you a better chance to win. This is playoff basketball 101. But Monty hasn't been afraid to play his bench. The two bigs lineups in the Pelicans series for example. Bringing Biyombo in when we have bigs foul trouble. Even Wainright has been getting some run lately. Holiday too in the last series.

Speaking of Holiday, I'd like to see him in there for some of Payne's minutes if he continues to struggle. Payne's lack of production is really hurting us.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's true that Monty is not going as deeply into his bench as he did in the regular seasons but that's true with most playoff teams. Your better players give you a better chance to win. This is playoff basketball 101. But Monty hasn't been afraid to play his bench. The two bigs lineups in the Pelicans series for example. Bringing Biyombo in when we have bigs foul trouble. Even Wainright has been getting some run lately. Holiday too in the last series.

Speaking of Holiday, I'd like to see him in there for some of Payne's minutes if he continues to struggle. Payne's lack of production is really hurting us.

I’m not sure why you say Holiday got minutes in the Pels series.

I’m starting to think cp3 hides Monty’s deficiencies during the regular and post season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig is OUT again today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
You guys are crazy for calling out coach cause he hasn't played Holiday. I get the argument and I like Holiday, but this team can beat the mavs without playing him. If we have to rely on him to be a difference maker, we have other problems.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre humbles Mavs mascot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Cam Payne has to play his game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How bout Chris Paul not have the worst game of his 17 year career. That would be nice

Can Cam Payne score more than 0 points? That would help

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How bout we play with a sense of urgency

That would be nice

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-1 game on opponents home court… this is where Superstars have Superstar performances. Let’s see Book take their heart today!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need their bench today.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need our PGs to show up period that was the worst PG play we had all season! And Book and Paul that was the most TOs they have had in a game as teammates that about says it all. Everyone not named Crowder did NOT show up!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need their bench today.

I’ve come to terms this isn’t a championship team we’ve had way to many guys take a step back.

We’re not going far with Payne, Craig and Johnson giving us nothing at all

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve come to terms this isn’t a championship team we’ve had way to many guys take a step back.

We’re not going far with Payne, Craig and Johnson giving us nothing at all

I'm still waiting fir them to peak. Hopefully it happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose