Bold predictions for the 2022 season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Brooks had a 58 PFF grade 0 interceptions and 0 forced fumbles last year.

Simmons had 51 but 1 INT and 4 FFs.

Weird anyone would consider him better than Simmons.
BUT HE GOTZ TACKLEZ!

He made zero plays and got toastito pauled in coverage routinely.

I've watched the Seahawks for year win 10+ games with trash teams because of QB play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t get all the Allen Robinson hate. Dude had a crap situation in Chicago with the QB’s and play calling. I think he puts up 1300 yards and 8 TD’s next year with Kupp drawing the double teams.
He gets hurt often. And he is closing in on 30.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BUT HE GOTZ TACKLEZ!

He made zero plays and got toastito pauled in coverage routinely.

I've watched the Seahawks for year win 10+ games with trash teams because of QB play.

Hicks had tackles. Tackles 10 yards down field don't mean much.

Brooks allowed 865 yards, 80% completions and 118 passer rating in coverage.

Hilarious anyone thinks he's better than Simmons, never mind both combined.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a prime example of the crap tinted glasses you wear when looking at this org. Jordyn Brooks had 0 INTs, 0 fumbles, 5 PDs and 1 sack. Yet he's somehow better than both our LBs combined.

Simmons had 7 PDs, 1.5 sacks, 4 FFs, 1 INT.

Hilarious.
While those stats certainly point in Simmons direction, this is where arguing who is better based solely on stats becomes silly because (a) none of us likely watched brooks enough; and (b) we all know Simmons was generally speaking a disappointment (and mind you, I am his biggest fan - I have a freaking authentic jersey of his with the wrong number now since he changed it).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hicks had tackles. Tackles 10 yards down field don't mean much.

Brooks allowed 865 yards, 80% completions and 118 passer rating in coverage.

Hilarious anyone thinks he's better than Simmons, never mind both combined.
For context Simmons gave up a 90.9 QB Rating (league average is 92). So pretty solid and only 473 yards...so he gave up almost half as many yards in pass coverage.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You just said the Niners are universally better than us but also we're a bad matchup for them? How does that work?

The Niners were garbage until they started using Deebo like a RB, and he wants to stop that happening going forward.
This shows a fundamental lack of understanding of football. And “universally” cmon man, argue with some honesty.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
While those stats certainly point in Simmons direction, this is where arguing who is better based solely on stats becomes silly because (a) none of us likely watched brooks enough; and (b) we all know Simmons was generally speaking a disappointment (and mind you, I am his biggest fan - I have a freaking authentic jersey of his with the wrong number now since he changed it).
Stats have a basis in objective facts. Jordyn Brooks is objectively significantly worse in coverage than Simmons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For context Simmons gave up a 90.9 QB Rating (league average is 92). So pretty solid and only 473 yards...so he gave up almost half as many yards in pass coverage.
Without context these stats mean nothing. How often was he targeted, how many snaps did they each play, who were they forced to defend. You’re better than playing the stats game, krang.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Without context these stats mean nothing. How often was he targeted, how many snaps did they each play, who were they forced to defend. You’re better than playing the stats game, krang.
Bro when you give up nearly 1,000 yards receiving, you suck. He gave up an 80% completion percentage.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This shows a fundamental lack of understanding of football. And “universally” cmon man, argue with some honesty.

I understand how match ups work. Just not sure what part of the matchup leads us to beating them twice, including stomping them on the road without our 2 best players.

When they are "Overall talent, they beat us & I don’t think it’s all that close, imo."

49ers are a good team, no doubt, but at the same time I find it hard to swallow when people argue we are bad and they are good yet we beat them easily both games last year.

Maybe, just maybe, we are good too? That might explain it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brooks was targeted 96 times. You think teams might have noticed something?

You don't get 96 targets as a linebacker unless teams have watched the tape and concluded this guy is a major weakness.

This isn't even to say that Brooks is a bad player. Just he's not clearly better than Simmons. If anything they are about on par currently. He's certainly not better than BOTH our LB's combined.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You don't get 96 targets as a linebacker unless teams have watched the tape and concluded this guy is a major weakness.

This isn't even to say that Brooks is a bad player. Just he's not clearly better than Simmons. If anything they are about on par currently. He's certainly not better than BOTH our LB's combined.
With the passing game mattering so much, I'd say he is worse. He gave up almost double the yardage on worse efficiency. He's terrible in pass coverage is what the metrics tell you.

The negativism on this board drives people to make ridiculous claims....like claiming Jordyn Brooks is better than both of the Cardinals ILB combined when he probably isn't even on par with Simmons based on objective facts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the passing game mattering so much, I'd say he is worse. He gave up almost double the yardage on worse efficiency. He's terrible in pass coverage is what the metrics tell you.

The negativism on this board drives people to make ridiculous claims....like claiming Jordyn Brooks is better than both of the Cardinals ILB combined when he probably isn't even on par with Simmons based on objective facts.

Not surprising when the same people don't think Billy Price is an upgrade on Sean Harlow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice swipes you're taking here.

Objectively bad stats don't really need context. If a QB throws 20 interceptions, I don't want to hear that he had 4 tipped passes.
Eh the swipes were meant in jest, what was it you said to cheese? Lighten up?

And comparing apples and orangutans doesn’t help you win arguments.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I understand how match ups work. Just not sure what part of the matchup leads us to beating them twice, including stomping them on the road without our 2 best players.

When they are "Overall talent, they beat us & I don’t think it’s all that close, imo."

49ers are a good team, no doubt, but at the same time I find it hard to swallow when people argue we are bad and they are good yet we beat them easily both games last year.

Maybe, just maybe, we are good too? That might explain it.
I didn’t see anyone say we are bad. Making up strawmen is lousy argumentation.

When one team consistently beats another, regardless of record, there’s something to the individual matchups of players, strengths and weaknesses, or coaches strategy that comes into play. We see it all the time in the nfl.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

How many times was Simmons targeted?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I didn’t see anyone say we are bad. Making up strawmen is lousy argumentation.

When one team consistently beats another, regardless of record, there’s something to the individual matchups of players, strengths and weaknesses, or coaches strategy that comes into play. We see it all the time in the nfl.
Division games.
Records, roster,....all means squat.
0-10 can and will beat 10-0 in Division games pretty regularly.

Some years back the niners swapped sweeps with us for 4 or 5 years in a row... one of those years they only had like 4 wins all season but half their win total was against us.

Kinda like our thing with Seattle where the home team always loses...

Division games

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA