What's your Main Area of Concern re: Cards and '22 Season

What is your Main Area of Concern Regarding the '22 Cards?

• Run D

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • Pass Rush

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • DB Play

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • QB Play

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Run Game

• Passing Game

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • OL

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Coaching

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Front Office Moves

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fan Support

• Stadium Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costs to Attend Games

• Any Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
(I posted the following before, only to lose it in the pile of other posts):

The quality of FO smarts, creativity and organizational ability used to be fairly spotty and not very consistent.

These days, every FO - top to bottom - is consistently sharper and smarter. I’m worried that we’re being left behind.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm at least providing cogent reasoning. I'm not saying you have to respect it or agree with it, or that it is fact, but all you have in response is "Alright, pal."

I mean, at least use the comma ;)
Alrightty then..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Many issues are not cemented as "or" but often can be "and". Such as KM is the QB of the future "AND" needs to improve in some areas. When you use "and" in that context you are not a hater, you are an honest observer IMO. Certainly there are those on either side of the "AND" who express themselves nicer than others.
This is why you will literally sometimes see me argue with both sides. Granted I've argued more with the "Kyler can do no wrong" crowd, but both are at least 40% wrong.

I believe that 10 years from now, there is a solid chance we will talk about Kyler Murray as the single greatest player in franchise history. I also believe he was highly culpable in both late season collapses.

I feel the same way about Kliff. I think Kliff will go down as a really good Cardinals coach. But he needs to do more adjustments to the offense when they start to go in to a losing streak. That's why it's cool to see them bring in McBride. Diversify the roster more so if a receiver is unavailable, run more 12 personnel.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Serious question: who is starting on the Cards' DL? (Front 3)

Watt, Allen, ???

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Outside of coaching it’s just extremely hard for me not to see Oline as our biggest concern. Hard to consider we have done much if anything to upgrade the Oline. Our opponents DLine’s are out right scary for 2022.. perhaps the best in the league;

(2) Rams
(2) SF
TB
Chargers - Bosa Mack = Yikes!
LV - Max Crosby is a stud, CJ and a very good interior line
Denver
These lines are always tough as well; Philly, NE and Minny w a healthy Hunter.

I love Brian Burns on Carolina too.

I agree our DLine depth is probably the biggest weakness overall, but we need to excel at something abs I don’t see how the Oline as it is currently constructed is going to fair well against that gauntlet of DLines… thoughts?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont always agree with DaHilg or Pac, but this board does need that other viewpoint.

Otherwise just reading this board would convince you that Kyler and Daniel Jones are essentially the same guy through 3 years
That’s a ridiculous level of hyperbole.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was way more than just DHop bro. There were games where two OL were out as well as Rondale too. Chase missed games during that stretch as well.

I think Kliff didn't make enough changes, but he's also the coach that got the team to a 10-2 start.

Right now he is the second most successful Arizona Cardinals coach, and likely third overall in franchise history. That means something.
Who do you put behind him among Coryell, Arians, and whis?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
People on your side of the equation should take the same advice honestly. Def way more Kyler guys that also critique his areas for improvements… where as the IHKC is one minded and narrow perspective MOST of the time. Hence the earlier post on if you were an outside of this board you’d think Kyler was Danny Dimes.
Yeah this just isn’t accurate. There are way more people that believe kyler should never be criticized than people critical of kyler that never laid his accomplishments. The imbalance there is huge in the opposite direction of what you state.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If anything the negativity on Kyler comes from the disappointment in someone you believed in. We all thought he'd turned a corner through the first half of the season. Then his play fell off and then the dumb contract stuff.

Nobody hates Kyler. We all want him to live up to his talent. He just hasn't so far.
This!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This. Murray is the best young QB the Cardinals have likely ever had. And he needs to mature (like most 24 year olds) and get better (like most young QBs).

I've vacillated on whether they should throw a long term contract at Murray, but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing they can do is to sign him this offseason and to continue to surround him with players. Make a commitment to the kid and expect him to reciprocate.
100%. Even if you’re not entirely sold on his being the QBOTF the mere chance that he might be dictates that you have to extend him, get him tools and support his growth in any way possible. It’s unarguable that there’s any more important position on the field, so if you’ve even potentially got one, you gotta go all in imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There are definitely a few posters that hate Kyler though lol it’s really obvious too.

But yea, nothing wrong with constructive criticism, which Kyler has deserved & then some.
For sure there are. There are always extremists for every opinion on these boards. But the iHEARTkylers are in greater number than the pure haters.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do you put behind him among Coryell, Arians, and whis?
Lets not forget Charley Winner in the 60’s. He won 35 games back when the seasons were 14 games. Cardinals had some pretty good teams, but always seemed to finish 1 game behind the Browns.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t agree w that.. the IHKC hates facts and are the most opinion based folks on this board.
I don't agree with that...... the " can't spit out kylers junk" crowd just refuses to acknowledge that talent is nearly worthless without maturity and discipline.

The kid might have more overall talent than any qb I have ever seen. But if he doesn't grow up and put more work into the mental aspect of his game...his career is going to amount to zero. Lots of great games, spectacular plays,...and no banners, trophies, or rings.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dont always agree with DaHilg or Pac, but this board does need that other viewpoint.

Otherwise just reading this board would convince you that Kyler and Daniel Jones are essentially the same guy through 3 years
They have the same number of championships, conference championships,...playoff wins??

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Well, I believe most championship teams are built to a great degree around the Off and Def lines. That just happens to be the Cards weakest areas season after season. So, what should we expect?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, I believe most championship teams are built to a great degree around the Off and Def lines. That just happens to be the Cards weakest areas season after season. So, what should we expect?
We should expect the HC to install designed hot reads.
Then we should expect our prodigal phenom to use them when necessary.

We should also expect to see significant growth from Josh Jones...it's his third year, time for the light to come on.