Let’s remember some losses

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
1998 vs Cowboys

the comeback that fell just short

I think the boys were up 28-0 early but the cardinals stormed back and had a chance to tie it up at 35 pts but came just short in the endzone

gut wrenching
Rob Moore was mugged in the end zone. One of the most egregious none PI calls I've ever seen. Easily rivals the rams/saints non call on a PI in 2019

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Donovan McNabb breaking his leg and beating us

I wonder if anyone else besides Cheese remembers this game. Last game of the year against Green Bay, stadium is 70%+ Packers fans. Green Bay under Ray Rhodes has a chance to make the playoffs on tiebreakers if they score enough points, so Dorsey Levens goes off for four TDs and the Packers score 35 points in the second half. Ugh.
Jesus..... I think it was actually his ankle, but nevertheless.....

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Donovan McNabb breaking his leg and beating us

I wonder if anyone else besides Cheese remembers this game. Last game of the year against Green Bay, stadium is 70%+ Packers fans. Green Bay under Ray Rhodes has a chance to make the playoffs on tiebreakers if they score enough points, so Dorsey Levens goes off for four TDs and the Packers score 35 points in the second half. Ugh.
Didn't McNabb break his foot and still proceed to rush for three touchdowns against us with said broken foot?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jesus..... I think it was actually his ankle, but nevertheless.....

Didn't McNabb break his foot and still proceed to rush for three touchdowns against us with said broken foot?

Though he limped noticeably the entire game, McNabb didn't miss
a play until resting with 4:49 left. He finished 20-of-25 for 255
yards and one interception, but had no rushing attempts for the
first time in 53 career starts, including playoffs. Strangely, the
Cardinals rarely blitzed McNabb even though he was hobbled.

Honestly, Dave McGinnis sucked SO BAD. People who hate on Kliff don't really understand.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1998 vs Cowboys

the comeback that fell just short

I think the boys were up 28-0 early but the cardinals stormed back and had a chance to tie it up at 35 pts but came just short in the endzone

gut wrenching
The officials screwed us on a blatant PI against Moore on the last play of the game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely, positively has to be the Monday Night Game against the Bears. Nothing else is even close, even there have been hundreds of painful losses in my 59 years following this mess of a franchise. I sat in my home office in the dark until 3 am because there was no sense trying to sleep. My wife came downstairs at 0300 because I wasn’t in bed yet. I scared the hell out of her as I was just sitting in my office staring at a wall.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Every single backup QB who looked like Dan Marino or Joe Montana against us. It just never stops. :bang:
Or back up RBs that run for 100 yards against the Cardinals. The Bears had this slow white guy like 10 years ago or so from I think Boise State. He looked like an All Pro for a day. Brock something or other.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Honestly, Dave McGinnis sucked SO BAD. People who hate on Kliff don't really understand.
Yep. The McGinnis era was very painful. Those teams had no chance to be good.

I remember being sold the concept that Jason McAddley could be a stud receiver. Tony McCoy was a veteran DL and he was going to be good, because he has experience!

Newer fans don't know just how far the Cardinals have come from that era. I remember going into multiple seasons were UDFAs we're starters out of camp.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The officials screwed us on a blatant PI against Moore on the last play of the game.
we got our revenge 2 months later.

side note... I LOVED the endzones they made for that game - the Cardinal right in the middle of the Arizona Flag. First time they ever did that... and the last. I can only assume it was because it cost more money and our cheap ass owner didn't want to pay for the outlay 8 games a year. I mean, our Endzones were always the most basic in the entire league, sometimes not even coloring in the words with Red and just having a white outline of the word in the grass.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely, positively has to be the Monday Night Game against the Bears. Nothing else is even close, even there have been hundreds of painful losses in my 59 years following this mess of a franchise. I sat in my home office in the dark until 3 am because there was no sense trying to sleep. My wife came downstairs at 0300 because I wasn’t in bed yet. I scared the hell out of her as I was just sitting in my office staring at a wall.
Worst part about that game was having to suffer in silence, my newborn son was asleep in the next room.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or back up RBs that run for 100 yards against the Cardinals. The Bears had this slow white guy like 10 years ago or so from I think Boise State. He looked like an All Pro for a day. Brock something or other.
Brock Forsey. Ugh. I think it was his career high and had over 130 yds rushing.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was bad for sure. The loss to the Skins in 84 that cost us the division was most painful for me. The bogus roughing the passer call on EJ Junior cost us the game after an awesome comeback by Lomax and Green. League couldn’t go against the Skins and Theisman.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I remember being sold the concept that Jason McAddley could be a stud receiver. Tony McCoy was a veteran DL and he was going to be good, because he has experience!

Newer fans don't know just how far the Cardinals have come from that era. I remember going into multiple seasons were UDFAs we're starters out of camp.
I never thought I would see a worse coach than McGinnis. Then along came Steve Wilks. The only other truly pathetic HC we had was Bob Hollway. He succeeded Charley Winner, and was preceded Don Coryell.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worst part about that game was having to suffer in silence, my newborn son was asleep in the next room.
That’s funny. That happened to me when the baseball Cardinals got hosed by Don Denkinger in the 85 World Series against the KC Royals. Only I couldn’t contain myself & woke up my son (Justin-Cardsfanmd).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was bad for sure. The loss to the Skins in 84 that cost us the division was most painful for me. The bogus roughing the passer call on EJ Junior cost us the game after an awesome comeback by Lomax and Green. League couldn’t go against the Skins and Theisman.
I was there. I was in my powerlifting prime & it took ALL I had to not hospitalize people after that game. I had my young nephew with me, and he was egging me on to hit someone:)

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s funny. That happened to me when the baseball Cardinals got hosed by Don Denkinger in the 85 World Series against the KC Royals. Only I couldn’t contain myself & woke up my son (Justin-Cardsfanmd).
I’ve had back luck with sports and kids.

We were all in the hospital after my son’s birth for the Suns-Spurs BS suspension game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have blocked out the specifics but Detroit, Detroit and Detroit :raccoon:
Don't look now, but the Lions & Panthers have both beaten us twice in the last 2 years. The Panthers have thoroughly trounced us both times. The Lions beat us 2 years ago with a game ending FG by Prater & then beat us up last year in a game we were NEVER in.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We got screwed in that game, too. I can't remember if it was the first or second comeback touchdown, but the officials allowed the defense to stand Edge up for about 5 seconds after the play should've been blown dead and try to strip the ball. Unreal.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

You were one of the McAddley believers? Oh my! Eh, I can't complain. I was all about Skelton!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave