Inject Positive Suns Media Into My veins

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure what you're doing here? If you disagree fine, but this team has not played the same since around the time that Monty came back from his Covid break. That team was clearly better than the Mavericks, this current version is going to be challenged by most opponents until players such as Payne, CJ and Jae return to form.
I’m not disagreeing per se, it just sounds like a generic line we hear from anyone in the NBA culture.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shannon eating crow, and owning it today. Even Skip thought this was going 7 games, lol

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stephen A. and Brian W. go off about CP3, and Doncic getting his *** kicked last night...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Taunting. You can read Booker's lips at the end. Pretty clear he said "F***ing soft!"
Isn't that pretty tame for on the court banter? I thought taunting was more for the overt stuff.

I think they gave the tech because of how publicly humiliating the block was. Didn't want that guy to feel too bad about himself.

GenZers. Sheesh.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So Tim Legler was on JJ Redick’s podcast and he was complaining about Booker holding his follow through after he made a 3 pointer in game 2……

Like seriously…..that’s a joke. You’ve got LeBron making HMD gestures after a 3 pointer, Steph shimmying, Ja doing the griddy but you get on Book for holding a follow through….give me a break. And I don’t hate on player celebrations but that’s excessive. I’d expect that from Ric Bucher, not Legs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Tim Legler was on JJ Redick’s podcast and he was complaining about Booker holding his follow through after he made a 3 pointer in game 2……

Like seriously…..that’s a joke. You’ve got LeBron making HMD gestures after a 3 pointer, Steph shimmying, Ja doing the griddy but you get on Book for holding a follow through….give me a break. And I don’t hate on player celebrations but that’s excessive. I’d expect that from Ric Bucher, not Legs.
I don't like grandstanding and Booker already has enough reputation problems throughout the league so I really wish he'd stop that crap. But yeah, I've never once heard Legler or any of them go after Steph, Lebron, Shaq or any of the stars that routinely go (or went) much further than Booker's post-shot statue pose.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't like grandstanding and Booker already has enough reputation problems throughout the league so I really wish he'd stop that crap. But yeah, I've never once heard Legler or any of them go after Steph, Lebron, Shaq or any of the stars that routinely go (or went) much further than Booker's post-shot statue pose.
I think the argument would be that those guys are just trying entertain the crowd, but Booker just holding a pose is being arrogant. Of course I would say there is a level of arrogance and trying to show up the opponent with all of those celebrations as well. Holding a pose is simply more Booker's style of celebration as apposed to doing something with more of an outward expression like a shimmy, dance, hand gestures that these other guys do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with what Book’s doing. Mostly because I think this team is so criminally underrated by everyone and so they carry that chip on their shoulder onto the court and I think it pushes them forward.

This squad plays with a level of FU unlike any other Suns team before. And I think that’s one of the reasons they’re finally going to bring us all the title we’ve been desperately waiting our entire lives for.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't answer the question again Steve? ;)
I thought they were rhetorical questions but I'll answer them if that's what you want. No, I wasn't trying to be negative, in fact I was responding to the negativity of Legler with the point that he was making a big deal out of something minor. As for "who cares", apparently you do - otherwise why the not so pleasant response?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reggie Miller's commentary seemed to make more of the Booker pose than anything and surprisingly he was positive. Usually I agree with Legs and disagree with Reggie but that flipped completely here.