Our receiving options without Hopkins

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Without Hop, we are average or maybe even a little above average if you take into account our TEs and how well Conner catches out of the backfield. Point, I'm a big fan of Kyler but he has no excuses with D-hop out
You keep saying you’re a big fan of Kyler, but your recent posts are troubling. As a real Kyler supporter, I’m asking you. Are you in or out? I’m 100% in. What says you?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could care less who we have at receiver. It's time for Kyler and Kliff to prove their worth.
Transcendent QB's like Brady & Rogers have made due with mediocre receiving options at different times of their careers. Or they have made stars of the guys nobody knew about. Guys like Welker, Edelman were castoffs prior to going to NE. Same can be said for GB. I don't think they have ever invested in round 1 WR during Rogers tenure. All were 2nd/3rd rounder's (Adams, Cobb, Jordy, Jennings, etc...).
If Kyler wants to be paid like the top QB in the league, then he better produce no matter who is catching the ball. I will bet Mahommes and Reid will be just fine without Tyreek and company from last year.
Please stop incorporating Rodgers in the same sentence as Brady. Brady has been in 10 SB’s, and Rodgers has been in 1, and chokes every year in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Mahomes has been garbage in the Super Bowl against TB & last year against the Bengals at home in the playoffs. Kyler deserves $$$, as he’s taken the worst team in Cardinals history to an 11 win season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You keep saying you’re a big fan of Kyler, but your recent posts are troubling. As a real Kyler supporter, I’m asking you. Are you in or out? I’m 100% in. What says you?
They are not troubling at all, because I know where I stand on him and my caveats to when I choose to be critical support that. I can be critical, right? Because the young man is not where he needs to be... yet

Yes, I think he's our franchise QB and would extend him

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They are not troubling at all, because I know where I stand on him and my caveats to when I choose to be critical support that. I can be critical, right? Because the young man is not where he needs to be... yet

Yes, I think he's our franchise QB and would extend him
That’s fair.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had mental issues at PSU. Not surprised the Cowboys drafted him. He could do something stupid at any moment.

Give me a Parson's who is great on the field and a little nuts off it over a guy who's all character and an average baller all day long.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems that all the solutions involve adding another WR via FA pickup or trade.

What’d you all think about using the guys we’ve got to shift roles among our current receiving corps?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No we ain't
I agree.
A big factor will be how the schedule shakes out to start the season. But for some reason I'm not that worried about the first 6 games. If the last two years have proved anything, "it's not how you start, it's how you finish".
I would rather have Dhop come back healthy and ready for the back 2/3rd of the season, than have what happened last year. I have a feeling we will be fine to start. Without even knowing the schedule, I can't imagine us doing worse than 3-3 to start but I feel 4-2 is even more realistic.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Seems that all the solutions involve adding another WR via FA pickup or trade.

What’d you all think about using the guys we’ve got to shift roles among our current receiving corps?
I think we have enough to roll with right now Jeff. If one looks around the league, at the moment, we have basically your average WR group minus Hopkins. Time for Kyler to step up and do his thing and elevate this group till we get our hoss back #10 and will be interesting to see if Kingsbury will be able to maximize our TEs. I would use any money we might have now on the defense and a solid run stopper... gosh, I would luv to see us sign Clowney for that one purpose

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think we have enough to roll with right now Jeff. If one looks around the league, at the moment, we have basically your average WR group minus Hopkins. Time for Kyler to step up and do his thing and elevate this group till we get our hoss back #10 and will be interesting to see if Kingsbury will be able to maximize our TEs. I would use any money we might have now on the defense and a solid run stopper... gosh, I would luv to see us sign Clowney for that one purpose
I'd maybe look for a mid tier veteran, but that's about it. You look at the current WR corps and the problem is, you need the back end to play teams.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Re: MAXX, I’m continually amazed how so many people keep penciling in players who are constantly injured as anything the team can depend on. Especially a constantly injured player who’s coming back from major injury.

The thing that worries me about Maxx is his extremely upright running style. Every time he touches the ball I'm begging him to go down so his knees don't get taken out. I don't think there's a fix for that. Probably won't get many balls thrown his way this year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just an observation, but this is exactly how stigmas surrounding mental health persist on a social level.
As someone who’s had mental health issues in my family, I regretted terming it that way. Let’s just say he did odd things that people looked the other way in regards to. And only because he was a football player.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Give me a Parson's who is great on the field and a little nuts off it over a guy who's all character and an average baller all day long.
Hazing situations where underclassmen players were held down & Parsons put his genitalia on his face. Is that Ok? And Franklin knew about it & told the players to not go to the police. I know quite a few diehard long term fans who haven’t been to a game since. Parson’s referred to it as getting Sandusky’d.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hazing situations where underclassmen players were held down & Parsons put his genitalia on his face. Is that Ok? And Franklin knew about it & told the players to not go to the police. I know quite a few diehard long term fans who haven’t been to a game since. Parson’s referred to it as getting Sandusky’d.
That's a form of sexual assault.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
That’s fair.
It's like this PA, when he was drafted I never thought he was some kind of generational talent (talented but not rare) but after seeing three seasons of him he does have generational physical skill sets (the height actually making it more unique). Now, Kyler is no idiot and does care about football but seems to not care about it enough in contrast with what he got away with in college and what's required of a pro. I have a friend or two here in Texas close to coach K, and Kyler is really immature but they're not saying he's a bad guy by any stretch of the imagination. Young man needs to grow and gets a pass to an extent because that is what young men do in their due time. The main point is this, and being from Texas tough love runs rampant and something Kyler should understand being a Texan, if you believe in him and those special skills... then it more than warrants being critical of him because this little guy could be one of the best to ever play the position :raccoon:

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Franklin is one of the worse things to ever happen to PSU football in my opinion.