Let's Remember Some Wins

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
The Plummer to Martay Jenkins was in 2001. After a blow out loss to Denver and the Eagles riding high following a playoff win the season earlier, I thought the Cards would get smoked in Philly. They blew a 14-0 lead(I remember Kyle Vanden Bosch getting a strip sack for an early TD) but a 4th down play with seconds left won the game for us. In my mind, this win counteracted a loss vs the Eagles in 1973 when Harold Carmichael of the Eagles caught a pass and broke a couple tackles to beat us on the final play, so it was cathartic. I even remember my teacher in 6th grade, aware I was a Cardinal fan, taunting me in front of the class room saying the Eagles had 'roast Cardinal' for dinner after the game. I wish I still had contact with that creep in 2001!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Plummer to Martay Jenkins was in 2001. After a blow out loss to Denver and the Eagles riding high following a playoff win the season earlier, I thought the Cards would get smoked in Philly. They blew a 14-0 lead(I remember Kyle Vanden Bosch getting a strip sack for an early TD) but a 4th down play with seconds left won the game for us. In my mind, this win counteracted a loss vs the Eagles in 1973 when Harold Carmichael of the Eagles caught a pass and broke a couple tackles to beat us on the final play, so it was cathartic. I even remember my teacher in 6th grade, aware I was a Cardinal fan, taunting me in front of the class room saying the Eagles had 'roast Cardinal' for dinner after the game. I wish I still had contact with that creep in 2001!
I remember that Eagles game well. That was Coryell’s 1st season. And even though we went 4-9-1, you could see that the offense was showing signs of being special. When the season ended, we had not been to the playoffs in 25 years. Can you imagine what this board would have been like now if the Cardinals went 25 years without making the playoffs.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also just remembered that game we won on a 40 yard bomb from Jake to Martay Jenkins against Philly with like 5 seconds left that you, me and Pacman watched up in Santa Monica where we exploded out of that tiny little bar and went nuts on the sidewalk.
Cheese, it's funny you say "went nuts on the sidewalk" because one of my best friends, eagles clown of course, exploded out of his house as well, but in anger after that play. He took a walk around the block to blow off steam, and his wife at the time came down in the basement and asked me where he went since his car was out front and he was gone for like 15 minutes. I had no idea! LMAO!!!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah… that was a great one too. Back and forth affair. My second favorite play outside the TD pass to win it was when Tobin decided to go for a surprise onside kick in the 3rd Q… that Philly perfectly caught and ran back for a 45 yard TD.
Brian Dawkins!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The youngsters on this board weren't around to watch the BEST Cardinal win ever. It was a regular season win, so it's not the most meaningful game ever, but it was most definitely the MOST enjoyable win ever!

Monday Night Football 1970. Back when the whole world watched every second of every Monday Night Football Game

Cardinals 38 Dallas Cowboys 0

November game was in Dallas & the crowd was raucous at game time. All the announcers, including former Cowboy QB Dandy Don Meredith just sat around waiting for the Cowboys to take control of the game. It ended with Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Lights...the Party's Over". Even in Syracuse, NY, there were many Cowboy fans in my school. I memorized the words & sang them standing on the lunch table to all the moron Cowboys fans. I earned a week of after school detention for that & it was worth every minute. FWI, this game was even more enjoyable because the Cowboys were in the SB that year.

Before I was born but wow

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eagles NFC Championship game and holding my eventual wife and watching the confetti come from the rafters. Bertrand handing the Halas trophy to Mr B. Bradshaw talking...

It's a core memory. It's the reason you go to the games and not watch on TV.

The next one is Kwame picking off 4 passes, the last off a shoe against the chargers. Chris Jacke hitting the game winning FG. Being the first person to jump the fence and then the tidal wave of people coming after me. If you watch the highlights you will still see me hop the fence like a young man and the tide that came after

Before that game I hung out with Skorp. Glad he was there for that

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eagles NFC Championship game and holding my eventual wife and watching the confetti come from the rafters. Bertrand handing the Halas trophy to Mr B. Bradshaw talking...

It's a core memory. It's the reason you go to the games and not watch on TV.

The next one is Kwame picking off 4 passes, the last off a shoe against the chargers. Chris Jacke hitting the game winning FG. Being the first person to jump the fence and then the tidal wave of people coming after me. If you watch the highlights you will still see me hop the fence like a young man and the tide that came after

Before that game I hung out with Skorp. Glad he was there for that
Yup. Not ashamed to admit I had really bad allergies at the time that made my eyes water.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Eagles NFC Championship game
i had club season tix that year -- but for that game

my wife and son sat in our club seats while a friend and i sat in the lower bowl in the SW Corner -- my first time in the lower bowl in the stadium

i remember walking in there was a palpable energy in the crowd. I passed an Eagle tailgate on the great lawn that was 100% surrounded by DPS officers facing outward. Ha.

During the game, there were waves of crowd noise that you could feel in your chest.

On the Tim Hightower screen for the winning TD-- from our section you could see it open up and him score. People lost their minds for a 3 minutes straight.

my best football experience ever

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The 2015 playoff win over GB when Fitz took over in OT. Cards played poorly most of the game and even permitted a banged up Packers team to send the game to OT (on, of all things, a Hail Mary). Then…Fitz. Yet another reason he will always be my favorite Card. I drove all the way down from Utah to attend that one and am so thankful I had the good sense to do so.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. Not ashamed to admit I had really bad allergies at the time that made my eyes water.
The pain I experienced cramping in my abdomen due to all the yelling made me sit doubled over between plays, but I’d get up again to keep yelling. Cheese was crying. Our was in shock I think. Ring able to share that moment with him and my two brothers will forever be emblazoned in my fondest memories.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2015 playoff win over GB when Fitz took over in OT. Cards played poorly most of the game and even permitted a banged up Packers team to send the game to OT (on, of all things, a Hail Mary). Then…Fitz. Yet another reason he will always be my favorite Card. I drove all the way down from Utah to attend that one and am so thankful I had the good sense to do so.

Drove over from Albq and I took my daughter and granddaughter to the game. I gave them our seats. I bought 2 others for my wife and I .. Those who say there's not a bad seat in the house are totally wrong.. lol. Absolutely worst seats ever. Very top row in north endzone. Freezing cold. Who could forget the crowd chanting Larry, Larry, Larry for what seemed like an hour after the game!

I've posted this a time or two before but I still love it!!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drove over Albq and I took my daughter and granddaughter to the game. I gave them our seats. I bought 2 others for my wife and I .. Those who say there's not a bad seat in the house are totally wrong.. lol. Absolutely worst seats ever. Very top row in north endzone. Freezing cold. Who could forget the crowd chanting Larry, Larry, Larry for what seemed like an hour after the game!

I've posted this a time or two before but I still love it!!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Agree, but freezing cold? This from a guy who grew up in Syracuse NY.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, but freezing cold? This from a guy who grew up in Syracuse NY.

Huge air conditioner duct about 20' above us. I was in shorts and short sleeves..felt like wind chill of around 25°. I've lived in Montana and Wyoming. I know what cold is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge air conditioner duct about 20' above us. I was in shorts and short sleeves..felt like wind chill of around 25°. I've lived in Montana and Wyoming. I know what cold is.
OK. I understand. You didn’t elaborate on that in your original post. I was on a 3 hour plane trip about 10 years ago & the AC couldn’t be turned off. I was in shorts & sandals. There were only a limited number of blankets available & my family was with me. I literally froze on that plane, so I definitely understand where you’re coming from.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK. I understand. You didn’t elaborate on that in your original post. I was on a 3 hour plane trip about 10 years ago & the AC couldn’t be turned off. I was in shorts & sandals. There were only a limited number of blankets available & my family was with me. I literally froze on that plane, so I definitely understand where you’re coming from.
Who takes a 3 hour flight in shorts and sandals? The planes are always cold.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this, one that sticks in my mind is the OT win against Dallas in 2008 when Sean Morey blocked a punt and Monty Beisel scooped for the score. Even broke their punters effing foot! It was delirium in the stadium.

The game opened with JJ Arrington taking the kickoff to the house. Larry Fitzgerald made what i would call his #1 all time catch on huge 4th qtr drive. When we won this game, we were 4-2 and in 1st place. And I allowed myself just a little hope that maybe, just maybe, this year would be different.

But, my favorite memory of that day is there were two extremely annoying female Cowboys fans in front of us. EVERY single play Dallas was on offense it was "Come on Romo! Yay Romo! Romo Romo Romo Romo!!...." In shrill loud screechy voices. Finally this rather large Hispanic lady sitting next to us had had enough. She stands up and screams "**** TONY ROMO! **** HIM!" And the shocked looks of bewilderment on the Cowgirls fans faces just made me burst out laughing. It's still funny to me right now. This lady effed bombed Romo so loud that people on the field and the Cardinals bench turned around and looked up. People in adjacent sections were looking and laughing. And, you know what? Those ladies LEFT at halftime! :biglaugh:

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who takes a 3 hour flight in shorts and sandals? The planes are always cold.

I hear that. I spent 4 hours in the air yesterday... all with long sleeves and pants on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What? Those puny little AC units can't make up for the crush of body heat on those planes. ALWAYS fly in shorts!
Lol. I was waiting for your response. I almost prefaced my comment with “other than a Viking,”

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thinking about this, one that sticks in my mind is the OT win against Dallas in 2008 when Sean Morey blocked a punt and Monty Beisel scooped for the score. Even broke their punters effing foot! It was delirium in the stadium.

The game opened with JJ Arrington taking the kickoff to the house. Larry Fitzgerald made what i would call his #1 all time catch on huge 4th qtr drive. When we won this game, we were 4-2 and in 1st place. And I allowed myself just a little hope that maybe, just maybe, this year would be different.

But, my favorite memory of that day is there were two extremely annoying female Cowboys fans in front of us. EVERY single play Dallas was on offense it was "Come on Romo! Yay Romo! Romo Romo Romo Romo!!...." In shrill loud screechy voices. Finally this rather large Hispanic lady sitting next to us had had enough. She stands up and screams "**** TONY ROMO! **** HIM!" And the shocked looks of bewilderment on the Cowgirls fans faces just made me burst out laughing. It's still funny to me right now. This lady effed bombed Romo so loud that people on the field and the Cardinals bench turned around and looked up. People in adjacent sections were looking and laughing. And, you know what? Those ladies LEFT at halftime! :biglaugh:
I remember Docket sacking Romo and blatantly grabbing his facemask and twisting his head around like crazy.

No call. Cowboys fans were whining...and I was laughing....laughing because the Cardinals have had plays go against them like this so many times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave