What City Are You In?

What City Do You Live In?

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Different strokes. I love California beaches for the weather and atmosphere.
Weather is better for sure.
My wife made us go to the OBX last year. I hated it so bad I made up some excuse why I needed to fly back home. Humidity, and all the flying confederate flags were something to get used to. My breaking point was that everything closed by 8 pm.
Honestly I don't see many confederate flags anymore. The vast majority of people hanging out on the coast of North Carolina are Yankees now.

Definitely different strokes. The water in Cali is freezing compared to the southern beaches. And they don't feel "beachy". I bet there are more seafood restaurants in Calabash, NC than the entire Los Angeles coastline.

My dad was buying some shrimp awhile back and he asked the lady how fresh the shrimp was. She seemed peeved at this question...she said the shrimp came off the boat 5 mins ago. You just can't really find that in California.

One cool thing about the coast there is that while Republicans and Democrats in NC disagree on most things, they have always protected the coast. You don't see oil refineries a stones throw away from the beach and no oil drilling even though NC has a bunch of offshore oil.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, BritCard, my wife and I took a two week cruise around the British Isles three years ago. Loved it (only cruise we’ve ever been on). The one scheduled stop we missed out on was the trip to Gurnsey Island. Storming at the time and couldn’t drop us off.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Long list here:

Minneapolis, MN
Omaha, NE
Columbia, MO
West Lafayette, IN
Denton, TX
Dallas, TX
Van Nuys, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Lombard, IL
Aurora, IL
Schaumburg, IL
Littleton, CO
Parker, CO
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Burnsville, MN (currently)

Been trying to move to AZ for years now...looking more and more like it will happen this fall. Not sure where yet; will more than likely be either Tucson or Prescott. (Very different.)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Long list here:

Minneapolis, MN
Omaha, NE
Columbia, MO
West Lafayette, IN
Denton, TX
Dallas, TX
Van Nuys, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Lombard, IL
Aurora, IL
Schaumburg, IL
Littleton, CO
Parker, CO
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Burnsville, MN (currently)

Been trying to move to AZ for years now...looking more and more like it will happen this fall. Not sure where yet; will more than likely be either Tucson or Prescott. (Very different.)
Full list for me:
Statesville, NC
Wake Forest, NC
Newburgh, NY
Greenville, SC
Phoenix, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Scottsdale, AZ
Darmstadt, Germany
Wiesbaden, Germany
Steilacoom, WA
Baghdad, Iraq
Puyallup, WA
Panjwai District, Afghanistan
University Place, WA
San Pedro, CA
North Hollywood, CA
Anaheim, CA

I've lived in some great places. Still like NC as much as any place, but if all things were equal, I'd probably stay in CA if I could.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me to live there! I have loads of family in the area, and while I love visiting, no thanks! Then again, I hate spiders, hot weather, and beaches don't do much for me :)
I guess if you consider 70-78 all year long “hot weather.”

And “spiders?” Wth? Get an exterminator.

And who doesn’t like beaches?!?

What are you, stout?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's expensive. Traffic is horrible. The entire metro area probably has more homeless than any other place on the planet.

But the weather is amazing. And being close to the Pacific is awesome. Finally, there is probably more to do in LA than anywhere else. You can literally ski and surf on the same day.
And I have!

(FYI - it was awful - too much in a day. But I can say I did it (well, snowboarded and surfed).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Surfing is overrated… As are California beaches… They’re good for a quick fix but overall to murky to dark and to Cold :)

That being said I might go there this weekend lol
Says someone who’s just never caught the perfect ride.

I’m not even close to average as a surfer, but man getting wet early in the am with good buddies as the sun rises and sitting on a board as a few pelicans fly about four feet over head and you watch the swells . . . even if you don’t catch a nice ride that day it’s a great morning. Catch even 2 or 3 nice rides and you feel like a king. Then some breakfast at cappy’s or mutt lynch’s or with feet in the sand at stuft surfer and it’s just going to be a great day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh my family we always go back east to NC to actually go to the beach. Water is way warmer and less pollution.
True but there’s are hurricanes all the time. And the water isn’t refreshing and few waves. I guess those beaches are good for toddlers and old people.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Try driving around it. Some of my fellow recruiters decided to take me down there one day. It's insane. Thousands of human beings society has basically rejected and thrown away. Human filth and squalor everywhere.

The vast majority should be in mental institutions, but there just isn't room for them.
It’s incredibly sad. Everywhere it exists it’s incredibly sad.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Suffolk, England is where I live.

RAF base I assume?
yeah I was at RAF Lakenheath and lived on the base, but I did a lot of traveling around the country. I would move back if I could, cannot wait to visit again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah I was at RAF Lakenheath and lived on the base, but I did a lot of traveling around the country. I would move back if I could, cannot wait to visit again.

I'm from Manchester. My wifes from here and we moved here about 8 years ago. Have to admit is is bloody lovely. Glad we made the move.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm from Manchester. My wifes from here and we moved here about 8 years ago. Have to admit is is bloody lovely. Glad we made the move.
Yeah I loved going to the Bury St. Edmunds market on the weekends. I also enjoyed walking about Cambridge and Norwich. of corse I'm a "soccer" fan so I loved that as well. I think my favorite holiday was spent in Snowdonia, camping and hiking the mountain. There was a Pub there and the folks treated me like one of their own.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I guess if you consider 70-78 all year long “hot weather.”

And “spiders?” Wth? Get an exterminator.

And who doesn’t like beaches?!?

What are you, stout?
*shrug* I'm a viking. I'm mostly happy in shorts and a T-shirt at about 50 degrees. I'm more than happy in freezing weather. Also, those beaches are no good. I mean, you land your long ships there, and the major cities are too far distant. Who wants to raid surf shops?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I seem to be in every city, everywhere. I say that, seriously, for I traveled and lived all over the world, yet have never been anywhere where I didn't find myself there. Thus, I am either everywhere, or nothing exists except where I am. I am not totally convinced yet which of those 2 is most correct.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
True but there’s are hurricanes all the time. And the water isn’t refreshing and few waves. I guess those beaches are good for toddlers and old people.
NC rarely rely gets hit by hurricanes. They're basically just big storms by the time hurricanes arrive.

Pretty much the entire east coast, surfing is a joke. Not refreshing? I've literally been to California beach once and thought it was refreshing, and that was because it was 95 down on Huntington that day and the cold weather felt great.

But if it's in the 70s, I can't stand that water lol...and for most of this state, you legit have to worry if petroleum byproducts are getting on you...or sewage.

Different strokes for different folks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
*shrug* I'm a viking. I'm mostly happy in shorts and a T-shirt at about 50 degrees. I'm more than happy in freezing weather. Also, those beaches are no good. I mean, you land your long ships there, and the major cities are too far distant. Who wants to raid surf shops?
I love the mid to high 60s. Absolutely perfect weather.

Californians think it's cold in the high 50s.

I'm like bro...you don't know cold until you know Army cold. I adapted to it and I think I've gone from a desert guy to a cooler weather guy. IMO if you can get past the constant drizzle, Washington has amazing temperatures.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I love the mid to high 60s. Absolutely perfect weather.

Californians think it's cold in the high 50s.

I'm like bro...you don't know cold until you know Army cold. I adapted to it and I think I've gone from a desert guy to a cooler weather guy. IMO if you can get past the constant drizzle, Washington has amazing temperatures.
Thankfully I never really knew Army cold when I was in. Although it did once snow and sleet in the middle of July at Fort Lost in the Woods, in the state of Misery.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose