Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moving the goal posts much. No, that's not what we mean when we say greatest. In your own mind, five pages ago, perhaps that's what you meant. That's irrelevant.

It's not moving the goalposts when that's what I meant and explained several times yesterday already.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL yeah i not getting that at all. Proven superbowl winning QB? Or bestfriend from college? if were talking about wanting to win and making your career have possibly a superbowl attached to you i not sure why you wouldnt want mahomes.
It could be that KC had interest but the Ravens were not interested in trading him to another AFC team. GB or Arizona probably were preferable to the Ravens. Who knows?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It would really help if people could read and not adjust what was said to suit their own bias.

I never mentioned the word "memorable". I said greatest. Not important, not memorable or any other adjective.

Greatest meaning dominant wins by multiple scores. Especially so when factoring in some of them were against the AFC champs, NFC championship finalist and eventual Superbowl winners.

Or did I miss the that Cardinals history is full of multi score road wins against very good teams?

Anyone else recall us stomping the eventual Superbowl winners and a 13-4 team on the road by 3 scores?
You do realize that your personally defined term, “greatest,” is a made up concept, right? It’s not like a generally recognized football term - hence all the different interpretations. It also leaves out all kinds of subjectivity or non-accounted for facts like weather, injuries, etc. there’s a reason why almost everyone is gravitating towards “meaningful,” “important,” or “memorable,” . . . because those concept hold more weight with fans than does this concept of “greatest.” And that’s even moreso the case when you’re trying to decipher why fans react a certain way towards the organization during certain time periods (which, if I’m not mistaken, is how that particular debate got started).

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry, Now that Hopkins is on-ice, do we go with “next man up“ plus Brown and Moore? Or do we scrap the current look and put out the best 3 WR on our roster? Or convert McBride to a “big ” receiver? Or make Brown our WR1 and McBride our WR2. Or move all 3-4 receivers around on each snap like chess pieces? Or something completely different?

I think the time is ripe for KK to rise to the challenge, put on his “mad-scientist” cap and blow the top off his playbook.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Without the foot injury he probably goes top 12.

Its a gamble for sure. It depends on him being that guy from college. Not really what he's shown in the NFL (in terms of giving up the value). Maybe a coach like Kliff is going to know how to use his skillset better than Greg Roman.

While I think Hollywood can/will be successful its also important that he's ok with games where he only catches 2 or 3 passes. Say what you will but Kirk never had a problem if it was other players who got the better matchups.
Agree on Kirk, dude didn't bitch, he just played

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh so I not sure about kids huh. Should I tell my 2 kids that I will never be an understanding parent to them and that maybe they should just not take any advice from a parenting standpoint since i am not a wise experienced elder? You do realize that you are talking out of your butt. You are oh so wise and obviously full of life experiences. I should just praise you and act like you are an elder that should bless me to start my journey in life. I wonder how much life experience I have through the military having fought in the middle east. Protecting people like you so you can have your condescending free speech to lecture and groom the youngsters of the world. Have you been shot? Or shot at? Been in actual firefights not knowing if you will make it home? I tell you you what maybe I should have just hungout with my brothers on the battlefield instead of fighting the enemy? You better choose your words wisely. Yes people in their mid 20s have minimal life experiences but to say none to me is hilarious. I guess these nfl athletes are filled with way more life experience then me huh?
I been shot. Three times.
Guess what youngster...... Ouchie is right.