What City Are You In?

What City Do You Live In?

• Total voters

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
moved from Mesa to Gilbert to Queen Creek to Florence within the last 10 years, I keep inching further and further away from civilization

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
York, PA. Hometown of Bruce Arians & Steve Keim. Although I became a diehard Cardinals fan being raised in beautiful Syracuse, NY, where it’s Winter from October to May.
beats AZ, where its in the 100's from May until October

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only those that live in the Phoenix metro area break it down. No one else does. For all intents and purposes to anyone not in metro Phoenix area, mesa is Phoenix.

Just like all the greater metro regions of NYC, Boston, LA, Chicago, etc etc
I am from Van Nuys, CA, and grew up in Reseda, CA. They are not the suburbs of Los Angeles, CA. They were annexed into the city and are technically neighborhoods within the city of Los Angeles. Much different than Mesa, AZ, and Phoenix, AZ which are their own individual larger cities. Mesa is one of many nearby suburbs of Phoenix but it is not the same as places where other cities are within another city. My friend lives in White Bear Lake, MN. I can send him mail to his address in White Bear Lake, MN, or in St. Paul, MN and it will get to him. If he sent mail to my address and labeled it Phoenix, AZ - I am not getting it and it would be returned to sender.

As for Paradise Valley, there are technically two. There is a small town (only 15.5 square miles, population of under 13,000) surrounded by Phoenix and Scottsdale and there is a village entirely within the city of Phoenix. From Wikipedia: The town of Paradise Valley is not to be confused with Paradise Valley Village, an official municipal designation, in northeast Phoenix. For instance, Paradise Valley Community College, Paradise Valley High School, Paradise Valley Hospital, Paradise Valley Mall, and Paradise Valley Golf Course are all several miles north of the town, in Phoenix. The Paradise Valley Unified School District does not serve the town; its boundaries end a few miles north of the border. Residents attend schools in the Scottsdale Unified School District.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
White Bear Lake is more different from St Paul than Mesa is to Phoenix - White Bear is tiny

The twin cities by and large are very different than Phoenix with the cities being a little more separated

Even with that, it's all the twin cities - White Bear wouldn't be a place that has developed if it weren't for the growth of Mpls & StP - it's also a place that most people have never heard of

Get outta here with that nonsense

There is zero recognizable difference between Mesa and pretty much anything that isn't downtown or downtown adjacent in Phoenix

It's the same grid, with the same strip malls, same development type, etc

Phoenix is a city that has developed in modern times, post suburbanization and doesn't have those characteristics

These adjacent communities were swallowed up a long time ago

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Lived in Phoenix and Surprise but moved back close to where I grew up in Iowa.

Small town in Western Iowa. We moved back after my mother died because we had a farm to manage.

Like a crazy person I still have season tickets. They get used as my daughter lives in Tempe.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I was living at Ft MacArthur for about two years.

Then moved up to North Hollywood, then Anaheimish. Chasing cheaper rent lol.

You like it there? All I hear is negative stuff about the place. Homelessness. Drugs. Crime. High rents etc etc

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Right outside Philly. I hate the Eagles and only pull for them when they play against Dallas(unless it behooves the Cards if Dallas would win).

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a Cardinals fan and technically don't live in any city, township, etc.

However, this whole area is Phoenix.

Even the more disconnected and actually unique areas like Cave Creek are Phoenix.

Not to mention Glendale, Mesa, Peoria, etc - it's all Phoenix

Even want to be fancy places like Scottsdale - also Phoenix

No one outside of this area cares which section of sprawling tract developments and strip malls you actually reside in - most of the time you'd have no idea when you leave one and enter another if the signage didn't change

It's all Phoenix
Didn't know that you didn't follow the Cards! What team do you follow??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose