The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same for Boston and Bucks they don’t have to play again till Sat? Wth? I mean I like being able to watch us that often but seems a bit slanted to allow certain teams to rest a lot and other play every other day?

I agree with your take but if the Suns are healthy, playing every other day may be to their advantage.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol only? They still get a long rest and we do not?
Well if our series with the Mavs goes 7 games we get a 3-day break between games 6 & 7 lol.

Kinda does seem like the nba wants to keep Curry fresh between games lol

If we can sweep the Mavs (which I think is a real possibility) we should end up with at least a week off before heading into the next series. That would be a tremendous advantage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if our series with the Mavs goes 7 games we get a 3-day break between games 6 & 7 lol.

Kinda does seem like the nba wants to keep Curry fresh between games lol

If we can sweep the Mavs (which I think is a real possibility) we should end up with at least a week off before heading into the next series. That would be a tremendous advantage.

That's only a two-day break though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton has a fractured left elbow the MRI is to see if there's tissue damage too per local postgame show

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No idea who this is but they say same thing about Payton's elbow

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a replay of the foul being discussed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
-
If Crowder got ejected for the nutshot on Doncic I wouldn’t have had a problem with it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond Green was injured in the game as well and discusses it postgame.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A big middle
Finger to Brooks!

Come on that was just a hard foul Brooks is not or has never been a dirty player. Sometimes injuries happen Payton tried to catch his fall that’s a no no arms and fingers get hurt easily. It’s unfortunate but in no way was malicious or dirty like the crap Draymond does!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Come on that was just a hard foul Brooks is not or has never been a dirty player. Sometimes injuries happen Payton tried to catch his fall that’s a no no arms and fingers get hurt easily. It’s unfortunate but in no way was malicious or dirty like the crap Draymond does!
Still a big middle finger. GP2 is very likable and works hard. He brings X-factor to Dubs. It’s a huge loss and I’m pissed.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
But it seems more pronounced now. Or at least more widely utilized and for greater amount of steps.
It's because they made it a "point of emphasis" a few years ago, and called the violation early in the season. After the predictable outrage, they gave up, so now players know that the rule has no teeth at all.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Dubs need to play much better so ridiculous calls like this don’t have such an impact.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That wasn’t a ridiculous call Green knocked Ja out of the way that’s a foul. If Curry got knocked down like that by say Steven Adam’s GS fans would lose their **** if a foul wasn’t called. GS is the last damn team to ever complain about getting calls they get plenty more than most teams!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In case people didn’t know that Dillon Brooks has been a piece of **** for a while

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. It was a basketball play - trying to block a shot. F2 - sure. But not intentional like Green does

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brutal loss. He would’ve played the Alvarado role vs the Suns except he can shoot and yam on dudes.

Given how Ja is shooting 3's they may not even make it to the Suns without Payton to help guard him. Lee can play but he's not quick enough to guard Morant and they're not going to trust a 19 year old rookie in Moody on him. Wiggins is going to end up taking on the task more so they don't have foul concerns with poole, Klay and Steph on him

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave