Reaction score
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
with you here

This one is kind of pitiful though. Cardinals won and got worse draft picks.
NEVER FORGET.

My buddy and I were going to buy scalped tickets but Vikes fans had driven up the price. We ended up drinking at The Library on Mill (RIP) with a couple of women who said they were nurses. As the afternoon wore on they confessed they were strippers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals 16, Washington 15

The Sunday before the stadium bond vote Aeneas Williams returns a fumble 103 yards and the Cards hang on against a division rival.

Someone named Cary Blanchard was our kicker. I think I was at this game.
I was there. I thought Stephen Davis had scored and all of a sudden Aeneas runs from out of the scrum and takes off for a league record fumble return.

Watching Steve Young's career end was a crazy game too, even though the Cardinals lost and Lawrence Philips looked like Nebraska version for one game.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, @BritCard referenced the "top 25 Cardinal wins all time". How you define a "top win" is probably different from how you define a "most memorable win". Some of the ones BritCard mentioned were dominant wins over opponents who were expected to be, and in some cases were, very good teams.

The games you listed are memorable because they were very close comeback wins, either in the playoffs or over mediocre teams to make the playoffs or knock the opponent out of a playoff spot. All had higher stakes than the ones @BritCard listed, but none was a dominant victory. Apples - Oranges.

...dave

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Two others that stick out Boomer Esiason led OT win over the Redskins when he threw for over 500 yards, Leshon Johnson running for 200+ against the Saints that same season.
And the next game Johnson had like a 90 yard run against the Rams...

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! And we lost out on drafting Eli Manning. Although many on this board still believe that we still would have drafted Fitz. I guess we'll never know.
I absolutely think we still do, even with #1 overall.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1997 overtime win over the Cowboys

Pulled down the goalposts and paraded them down Mill Ave. Players partying with fans in the parking lot afterwards. Crazy Times!
Yep, loved that one.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NEVER FORGET.

My buddy and I were going to buy scalped tickets but Vikes fans had driven up the price. We ended up drinking at The Library on Mill (RIP) with a couple of women who said they were nurses. As the afternoon wore on they confessed they were strippers.
So two wins that day

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The youngsters on this board weren't around to watch the BEST Cardinal win ever. It was a regular season win, so it's not the most meaningful game ever, but it was most definitely the MOST enjoyable win ever!

Monday Night Football 1970. Back when the whole world watched every second of every Monday Night Football Game

Cardinals 38 Dallas Cowboys 0

November game was in Dallas & the crowd was raucous at game time. All the announcers, including former Cowboy QB Dandy Don Meredith just sat around waiting for the Cowboys to take control of the game. It ended with Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Lights...the Party's Over". Even in Syracuse, NY, there were many Cowboy fans in my school. I memorized the words & sang them standing on the lunch table to all the moron Cowboys fans. I earned a week of after school detention for that & it was worth every minute. FWI, this game was even more enjoyable because the Cowboys were in the SB that year.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The youngsters on this board weren't around to watch the BEST Cardinal win ever. It was a regular season win, so it's not the most meaningful game ever, but it was most definitely the MOST enjoyable win ever!

Monday Night Football 1970. Back when the whole world watched every second of every Monday Night Football Game

Cardinals 38 Dallas Cowboys 0

November game was in Dallas & the crowd was raucous at game time. All the announcers, including former Cowboy QB Dandy Don Meredith just sat around waiting for the Cowboys to take control of the game. It ended with Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Lights...the Party's Over". Even in Syracuse, NY, there were many Cowboy fans in my school. I memorized the words & sang them standing on the lunch table to all the moron Cowboys fans. I earned a week of after school detention for that & it was worth every minute. FWI, this game was even more enjoyable because the Cowboys were in the SB that year.
Remember that game well. Where have 52 years gone?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember that game well. Where have 52 years gone?
That 1970 Cardinal team was one of the best Cardinal teams ever. We had back to back to back shutouts that season (Oilers 44-0, Patriots 31-0, Cowboys 38-0). We followed that up with a 6-6 tie in KC against a VERY GOOD Chiefs team led by Lenny Dawson). Our D went 4 straight games without giving up a TD. Of course, we are a cursed franchise & lost like 5 starters down the stretch. We went 8-5-1, and just missed out on the playoffs. MORON Bidwill fired Charley Winner & the Cardinals were back in the basement until Coryell showed up in 1974. I still think that 1970 team was better than any of the Coryell teams because they played D.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That 1970 Cardinal team was one of the best Cardinal teams ever. We had back to back to back shutouts that season (Oilers 44-0, Patriots 31-0, Cowboys 38-0). We followed that up with a 6-6 tie in KC against a VERY GOOD Chiefs team led by Lenny Dawson). Our D went 4 straight games without giving up a TD. Of course, we are a cursed franchise & lost like 5 starters down the stretch. We went 8-5-1, and just missed out on the playoffs. MORON Bidwill fired Charley Winner & the Cardinals were back in the basement until Coryell showed up in 1974. I still think that 1970 team was better than any of the Coryell teams because they played D.
Wehrli, Wilson and Stovall in the secondary. Larry Stallings and Bob Rowe were also favorites of mine.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wehrli, Wilson and Stovall in the secondary. Larry Stallings and Bob Rowe were also favorites of mine.
And Miller Farr, brother of Mel Farr was their corner opposite Wehrli. OL was fantastic & some game changing stars on the O: QB Hart, TE Jackie Smith, RB MacArthur Lane, RB Johnny Roland, WR John Gilliam. And K Bakken was the best kicker in Cardinal history. Dude never missed with the game on the line.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose