Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well MOST athletes want to WIN. News flash for you. Maybe you didnt play any sports, but when i was playing any sport ever i wanted to win. Heck even playing ping pong with friends i only wanted to win it wasnt just about "i get to be with my friends and enjoy these moments".

Would you rather win at ping pong with strangers or with your best friend?

When you answer that you will understand his decision.

Reaction score
Would you rather win at ping pong with strangers or with your best friend?

When you answer that you will understand his decision.
As much as i love my friends and family. If i am playing the most competitive game in sports, i am going to play to win. Now if one of my friends is arguably best QB in nfl then yes i go and be with him. He did not choose this option. He chose "hey i am going to play with Kyler so we can play video games all the time and be on twitch and it will be epic"

Reaction score
lets put it in other terms. Tom Brady or Matt Leinart. (yes extremes, but to prove point) if your bestfriend with Leinart (when he was playing) and you played WR in nfl why not go to the guy winning superbowls?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah i not getting that at all. Proven superbowl winning QB? Or bestfriend from college? if were talking about wanting to win and making your career have possibly a superbowl attached to you i not sure why you wouldnt want mahomes.

Bros before Mahoes?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as i love my friends and family. If i am playing the most competitive game in sports, i am going to play to win. Now if one of my friends is arguably best QB in nfl then yes i go and be with him. He did not choose this option. He chose "hey i am going to play with Kyler so we can play video games all the time and be on twitch and it will be epic"

Maybe he thinks the 24 year old QB he's played with is one of the top QBs in the NFL?

Maybe he thinks someone he's played with a bunch and who he practices with in the offseason can allow him to hit the ground running.

If you think in a contract year he just wants to mess about with his buddy you and being much of a realist.

Reaction score
Maybe he thinks the 24 year old QB he's played with is one of the top QBs in the NFL?

Maybe he thinks someone he's played with a bunch and who he practices with in the offseason can allow him to hit the ground running.

If you think in a contract year he just wants to mess about with his buddy you and being much of a realist.
your age is showing. These are freshly out of college players that grew up only playing videos games when not in sports. Why do you think TWITCH is so big?? Kids nowadays pretty much all they do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL yeah i not getting that at all. Proven superbowl winning QB? Or bestfriend from college? if were talking about wanting to win and making your career have possibly a superbowl attached to you i not sure why you wouldnt want mahomes.
I think a lot of you forget these are people. If I had the chance to play a game for millions of dollars and could choose to play with a close friend of mine? No brainer. Particularly if that close friend is considered good and that team made the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well MOST athletes want to WIN. News flash for you. Maybe you didnt play any sports, but when i was playing any sport ever i wanted to win. Heck even playing ping pong with friends i only wanted to win it wasnt just about "i get to be with my friends and enjoy these moments".
That’s as a kid when it was a game. And even then I’m betting you played with some friends. This is their job. It’s their employment. They spend a LOT of time at work, including travel. To sacrifice some at the QB level to play with one of your best friends? Cmon easy choice. When you went to the park with your friends to play hoops did you abandon all your buddies for a team of guys you didn’t know because they were a little bit better?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lets put it in other terms. Tom Brady or Matt Leinart. (yes extremes, but to prove point) if your bestfriend with Leinart (when he was playing) and you played WR in nfl why not go to the guy winning superbowls?
This is such a complete inequivalent I hope no one addresses it.

You also ignore how he feels the coaches will utilize him and whether he prefers living in Phoenix to Kansas City for months at a time (hint, 90%+ are going to choose Phoenix).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
your age is showing. These are freshly out of college players that grew up only playing videos games when not in sports. Why do you think TWITCH is so big?? Kids nowadays pretty much all they do.
And you’re showing you don’t know much about kids these days. My boys are both big gamers at 12 and 11 (more than I’d like) but they also play football (in a league in spring and fall) and almost every other day in pickup at the park around the corner, they ride BMX, one scooters in the skate park regularly, and the other is diving into robotics. And their friends (and Uber typical boys) are all the same except throw in surfing, playing baseball and basketball. Even big gaming kids still do a lot of other things. It’s a small, but visible (due to YouTube and twitch), minority that do nothing but game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Hop out the 1st 6 games, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hollywood is leading the league in yards by the time that Hop returns. It's going to be so much fun watching Murray/Hollywood come September.

Reaction score
And you’re showing you don’t know much about kids these days. My boys are both big gamers at 12 and 11 (more than I’d like) but they also play football (in a league in spring and fall) and almost every other day in pickup at the park around the corner, they ride BMX, one scooters in the skate park regularly, and the other is diving into robotics. And their friends (and Uber typical boys) are all the same except throw in surfing, playing baseball and basketball. Even big gaming kids still do a lot of other things. It’s a small, but visible (due to YouTube and twitch), minority that do nothing but game.
lol considering i just turned 30 i am sure i am much more in touch. but sure lecture me old man about how kids are these days please. and oh such a minority that TWITCH was the fastest growing platform for like 6 years and majority of people game on it. Please tell me what the kids are into nowadays please. Can you tell me anything about MMOs first person shooters, Mobas, speed runs? Tell me about gaming too. People in my age group have only known computers and gaming since they were born. I played 3 sports until my senior year in High School and made time to game every single day. Did not change the fact that i wanted to WIN playing sports not just go where my friends were. Going where your friends are is not how you get scholarships to play in college sports. You need to stick out and be better than other people. That is why kids transfer schools all the time so they can go to a school to stick out and get to next level. disagree all you want but when you are my dads age lol i am sure you dont know what "the kids" are into

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol considering i just turned 30 i am sure i am much more in touch. but sure lecture me old man about how kids are these days please. and oh such a minority that TWITCH was the fastest growing platform for like 6 years and majority of people game on it. Please tell me what the kids are into nowadays please. Can you tell me anything about MMOs first person shooters, Mobas, speed runs? Tell me about gaming too. People in my age group have only known computers and gaming since they were born. I played 3 sports until my senior year in High School and made time to game every single day. Did not change the fact that i wanted to WIN playing sports not just go where my friends were. Going where your friends are is not how you get scholarships to play in college sports. You need to stick out and be better than other people. That is why kids transfer schools all the time so they can go to a school to stick out and get to next level. disagree all you want but when you are my dads age lol i am sure you dont know what "the kids" are into
Haha I should’ve guessed you’re 30. You’re in the myopic stage of life where self-awareness hasn’t yet developed. You think you’re young and cool, but teenagers and early 20s look at you like you’re ancient and think you’re totally outta touch. You don’t have enough experience with decades to realize that there’s an enormous difference in 10 year increments - and if there isn’t between you and a teenager/early 20s, we’ll you’re a failure to launch.

You’re old enough to have experienced some success but not old enough to realize you have little actual wisdom and (for most of you) virtually no worldliness. And old enough that you likely don’t have kids, and if you do they’re too young to factor into this equation. You’re already the outta touch dinosaur that sadly doesn’t know it. I get it, I was 30 once too.

And it shows in this post. I can tell you about first person shooting, and a variety of gaming types, tech, access, etc. i can even tell you about the monetization in ways you’re likely not even aware of. But truth be told, knowing about the details of gaming is completely irrelevant to this conversation because we aren’t arguing whether kyler and hollywood are good Madden or what skin they typically play with in Fortnite or how many v-bucks they have. We are talking about why Hollywood chose to play with kyler.

And twitch being the fastest growing platform means nothing. It’s a replacement for television for most kids. So it’s nothing new, just media entertainment. You’d understand that if you were old enough to have context on the world.

Finally, just like a typical 30 year old you are your own worst enemy. Your example of kids putting their names in the transfer portal evicerates your argument that kids just want to win. If that was the case why are they transferring from Alabama or Ohio state to get playing time? It’s because isn’t the only thing that matters to them. They know college football is their internship. It’s their job interview. They transfer to lesser programs to get noticed to get paid.

Reaction score
Oh so I not sure about kids huh. Should I tell my 2 kids that I will never be an understanding parent to them and that maybe they should just not take any advice from a parenting standpoint since i am not a wise experienced elder? You do realize that you are talking out of your butt. You are oh so wise and obviously full of life experiences. I should just praise you and act like you are an elder that should bless me to start my journey in life. I wonder how much life experience I have through the military having fought in the middle east. Protecting people like you so you can have your condescending free speech to lecture and groom the youngsters of the world. Have you been shot? Or shot at? Been in actual firefights not knowing if you will make it home? I tell you you what maybe I should have just hungout with my brothers on the battlefield instead of fighting the enemy? You better choose your words wisely. Yes people in their mid 20s have minimal life experiences but to say none to me is hilarious. I guess these nfl athletes are filled with way more life experience then me huh?

Reaction score
Things got real, real fast huh? Anyways yes was 29 2 weeks ago. So in my 20s knowing how other 20 year olds act is something I am very accustomed to. But continue telling me otherwise

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can you both stop attacking age groups...

There are people at all different stages of development and personal growth all throughout the aging process. Acting as if you are superior because you are younger or older is just ridiculous, lol.

Reaction score
Not sure how I am acting superior here but absolutely would love to not bring up my (luckily mild) PTSD from fighting for your freedoms everyone

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh so I not sure about kids huh. Should I tell my 2 kids that I will never be an understanding parent to them and that maybe they should just not take any advice from a parenting standpoint since i am not a wise experienced elder? You do realize that you are talking out of your butt. You are oh so wise and obviously full of life experiences. I should just praise you and act like you are an elder that should bless me to start my journey in life. I wonder how much life experience I have through the military having fought in the middle east. Protecting people like you so you can have your condescending free speech to lecture and groom the youngsters of the world. Have you been shot? Or shot at? Been in actual firefights not knowing if you will make it home? I tell you you what maybe I should have just hungout with my brothers on the battlefield instead of fighting the enemy? You better choose your words wisely. Yes people in their mid 20s have minimal life experiences but to say none to me is hilarious. I guess these nfl athletes are filled with way more life experience then me huh?
First, chill a bit. We don’t threaten people on ASFN. Second you’ll note I deliberately said “(for most of you)” because I don’t know you and I literally took into consideration that you could’ve been in the military, which makes you an exception. Also, thank you for your service.

Third I never said anything about your ability to parent. I have no idea where that rant is coming from.

And I deserve no more respect than anyone else in this board. I responded to you the same way you responded to someone else first. Go back and read your own posts if you think I’m the only guilty of condescending in this conversation.

And who ever said nfl players have life experience. In most cases they are incredibly sheltered and coddled the minute their talent is identified.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Can you both stop attacking age groups...

There are people at all different stages of development and personal growth all throughout the aging process. Acting as if you are superior because you are younger or older is just ridiculous, lol.
Fair

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You do know you don't have to be in the same room to play video games together right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That has to be the dumbest argument of the day… which is saying a ton considering someone tried to argue that last year had 4 of the top 25 most memorable wins in Cardinals history.

It would really help if people could read and not adjust what was said to suit their own bias.

I never mentioned the word "memorable". I said greatest. Not important, not memorable or any other adjective.

Greatest meaning dominant wins by multiple scores. Especially so when factoring in some of them were against the AFC champs, NFC championship finalist and eventual Superbowl winners.

Or did I miss the that Cardinals history is full of multi score road wins against very good teams?

Anyone else recall us stomping the eventual Superbowl winners and a 13-4 team on the road by 3 scores?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It would really help if people could read and not adjust what was said to suit their own bias.

I never mentioned the word "memorable". I said greatest. Not important, not memorable or any other adjective.

Greatest meaning dominant wins by multiple scores. Especially so when factoring in some of them were against the AFC champs, NFC championship finalist and eventual Superbowl winners.

Or did I miss the that Cardinals history is full of multi score road wins against very good teams?

Anyone else recall us stomping the eventual Superbowl winners and a 13-4 team on the road by 3 scores?
Moving the goal posts much. No, that's not what we mean when we say greatest. In your own mind, five pages ago, perhaps that's what you meant. That's irrelevant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave