Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His statement literally says he was tested October and September and was clear. He's probably tested every 1-2 months.

In his 8 year career he's likely had 100 tests, fails one and it's "Probably always been on PED's".
That means nothing To me…. Athletes all the time are looking for ways to beat the system and if they have enough money and connections many times they do… They use products that aren’t tested for Yet etc…. Till the system catches up they can freely cheat. It’s cat and mouse game and he quite literally could have been playing it for years. Maybe not. But you cant discount it.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
You can't compare PP to DHop. Peterson was in decline before he got busted; whereas, DHop was not. Most likely Peterson was taking PED's to improve his play, and DHop took them to recover from his hamstring injury. Of course, we'll never know for certain the motivation of either player, but I don't agree with the projection of poor play from DHop following his suspension.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't compare PP to DHop. Peterson was in decline before he got busted; whereas, DHop was not. Most likely Peterson was taking PED's to improve his play, and DHop took them to recover from his hamstring injury. Of course, we'll never know for certain the motivation of either player, but I don't agree with the projection of poor play from DHop following his suspension.
We just don’t know.

and I remember a huge chunk of the board immediately saying that Peterson was only taking PEDs because he of his diabetes and now that it was diagnosed right, he'd be fine again.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopkins didn't knowingly take anything and is currently investigating how this could've happened. He will get to the bottom of it and let us all know.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You simply have no comprehension of the fandom of this franchise. It is a slap in the face to call this the golden age of ANYTHING. Rather than force-feeding fans that they MUST BE POSITIVE because it's better than it has been before (a clue--it isn't--we did much better around the Super Bowl), step back and understand that we've gone from historical losing to losing a bit less. The fans shouldn't be happy with "aw, we're not as bad as we used to be." If a fan wants to be happy and content with that, like yourself, that's great! Different strokes for different folks. To berate fans for being angry that their team isn't good, that their team's "golden age" is bronze age at best, is way off the mark.

Literally none of that is true. Keim has a winning record. Nobody is losing a bit less. Between the Coryell years and Bidwill taking over this franchise was sub 400.

In the past 10 years we have the 14th most wins. 4 wins away from being 9th. For the rest of history the Cards are a bottom 3 team. It's far from "losing a bit less".

You mention 2008, if making the superbowl is your only measurement of success then its no wonder you're so angry.

This team IS good. The raging anger from certain people just prevent you from noticing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Literally none of that is true. Keim has a winning record. Nobody is losing a bit less. Between the Coryell years and Bidwill taking over this franchise was sub 400.

In the past 10 years we have the 14th most wins. 4 wins away from being 9th. For the rest of history the Cards are a bottom 3 team. It's far from "losing a bit less".

You mention 2008, if making the superbowl is your only measurement of success then its no wonder you're so angry.

This team IS good. The raging anger from certain people just prevent you from noticing.
Sooo... Getting embarrassingly bounced from the first round of the playoffs and then having an offseason as filled with needless drama only my 12-year old daughter could compete with is JUST AS VALID A MEASURE FOR SUCCESS as coming within three or four minutes of a Super Bowl Championship?

Interesting take.

For the record: LAST YEAR's Team was good. The year before (2020) the team was mediocre. The year before that the team was pretty bad.

THIS YEAR's team is an unknown, but it's literally starting out with more in common from a personnel perspective to the team that went 1-5 to end the season than the team that started off 10-2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooo... Getting embarrassingly bounced from the first round of the playoffs and then having an offseason as filled with needless drama only my 12-year old daughter could compete with is JUST AS VALID A MEASURE FOR SUCCESS as coming within three or four minutes of a Super Bowl Championship?

Interesting take.

For the record: LAST YEAR's Team was good. The year before (2020) the team was mediocre. The year before that the team was pretty bad.

THIS YEAR's team is an unknown, but it's literally starting out with more in common from a personnel perspective to the team that went 1-5 to end the season than the team that started off 10-2.

None of that contradicts what I said as I was talking about the Mike/Keim era in comparison to the rest of time and how I can only imagine what it must have been like back then if this is how angry people are now.

Reaction score
So you wanted Josh Jones v2 then?
Not necessarily i mean we have no idea how he is going to play in nfl so comparison wise is not valid yet. My point is just make moves to at least try and protect kyler. Guy falls that far and we have gaping problems every year on oline why not try?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
None of that contradicts what I said as I was talking about the Mike/Keim era in comparison to the rest of time and how I can only imagine what it must have been like back then if this is how angry people are now.
How would you like everyone to interpret this comment, then?

If you're used to eaten Cup O'Noodles every day, a burger at Red Robin tastes pretty good. But there are people out there with personal chefs and eating at like French Laundry.

Raise your expectations to that French Laundry level, bro. You don't have to take your prom date to Chilis.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily i mean we have no idea how he is going to play in nfl so comparison wise is not valid yet. My point is just make moves to at least try and protect kyler. Guy falls that far and we have gaping problems every year on oline why not try?

I can't think of a worse pick than a 25 year old rookie tackle that's only played the position for 2 years.

Sounds like a Keim pick though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How would you like everyone to interpret this comment, then?

If you're used to eaten Cup O'Noodles every day, a burger at Red Robin tastes pretty good. But there are people out there with personal chefs and eating at like French Laundry.

Raise your expectations to that French Laundry level, bro. You don't have to take your prom date to Chilis.

Really? If anything less than superbowl is "bad" no wonder some are constantly angry.

There's a middle ground between accepting mediocrity and "anything less than 2008 sucks"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
What's the over/under of us going 3-3 the first 6 games this year?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose