Yes, the season is over

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said before. If we can't go at least 3-3 through those first 6 games with 4 months to prepare and with the talent we have then we weren't winning anything anyway.

We struggled without him last year because Kliff didn;t have a plan B or adjust well. This is different. We also have Brown, McBride and I expect Maxx to be back too. Chalk and cheese situations.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As I said before. If we can't go at least 3-3 through those first 6 games with 4 months to prepare and with the talent we have then we weren't winning anything anyway.

We struggled without him last year because Kliff didn;t have a plan B or adjust well. This is different. We also have Brown, McBride and I expect Maxx to be back too. Chalk and cheese situations.
The plan/adjustment was bad...but also the execution. It was across the board failure at all levels.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plan/adjustment was bad...but also the execution. It was across the board failure at all levels.

If the plan is bad the execution will always be bad. All comes down to the plan. One of the biggest weaknesses in Kliff's skill set. He only ever seems to have Plan A.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to look at the schedule before we can realistically predict the impact of Hopkin's 6 game suspension. Great to be positive but almost all of us had concerns on the way the Cards played after going 10 -2. I believe it was both KK and Keim that said it was because we didn't have Hopkins and failed to adjust for his loss.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the plan is bad the execution will always be bad. All comes down to the plan. One of the biggest weaknesses in Kliff's skill set. He only ever seems to have Plan A.
No. Others should not be getting a pass. You know nothing of plans, that is 100% speculation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. Others should not be getting a pass. You know nothing of plans, that is 100% speculation.

Apart from the bit where Kliff said it was his fault for failing to plan and adjust well.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apart from the bit where Kliff said it was his fault for failing to plan and adjust well.
He will blame himself if Kyler falls in a pool in a different country. Literally means nothing. We know he takes all blame no matter what.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

lol No. Apples to apples all the way. This is the NFL and you don't always get 4 months to prepare. Not holding a coach or team to a decent standard because they didn't pivot to the situation at hand is ludicrous. The GM and HC are paid to make it work on short notice. Great, we get 4 months to prepare this time. That is an eternity in the NFL and you usually get no time to adapt. We have shown no ability to adapt. Well, poor at best. Other teams have adjusted with no time, like the Pack when all their receivers were out, or the COVID-ravaged Colts. We didn't. We sucked at it, to say the least. So, no, KK gets no leeway for losing so hard core after losing Nuke last season, just because he has more time to prepare this season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol No. Apples to apples all the way. This is the NFL and you don't always get 4 months to prepare. Not holding a coach or team to a decent standard because they didn't pivot to the situation at hand is ludicrous. The GM and HC are paid to make it work on short notice. Great, we get 4 months to prepare this time. That is an eternity in the NFL and you usually get no time to adapt. We have shown no ability to adapt. Well, poor at best. Other teams have adjusted with no time, like the Pack when all their receivers were out, or the COVID-ravaged Colts. We didn't. We sucked at it, to say the least. So, no, KK gets no leeway for losing so hard core after losing Nuke last season, just because he has more time to prepare this season.

Not sure what you read but that's what I was saying. Kliff sucked last season in adjusting. Now he has 4 months. Different situations.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not sure what you read but that's what I was saying. Kliff sucked last season in adjusting. Now he has 4 months. Different situations.
You're using it to (try to) prove that we'll be better in this situation. I disagree and think we'll have similar results. Apples to apples.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're using it to (try to) prove that we'll be better in this situation. I disagree and think we'll have similar results. Apples to apples.

Clearly not. Use difference between knowing he's out for 4 months and having it dropped in your lap.

Also we now have a much better replacement.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

IMO, it depends on the schedule. In a way I hope we play the Rams twice in our first six games since we don't have much success against them, even though we beat them early, last year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really hilarious how some blame the crash of last season to the loss of Hopkins.
Those same people are now trying to convince others that losing Hopkins is no big deal because we have time to prepare.
Some claim with 4 months to prepare we should be alright. Conjecture at best and of course , that doesn’t take in consideration we don’t incur OTHER setbacks.
It is crazy to consider the loss of Hopkins as a mere bag of shells.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
-kirk
+brown

not sure we have a "much better replacement"

hop was out the final 7 weeks. 7 weeks isn't enough time to adjust the offense without him, but 4 months is? I don't see it. I'll remain skeptical until it's proven

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Our first 6 games are very tough, a bad start to the season wouldn't surprise me. But I think every Cardinals fan knows now that how you start a season doesn't matter.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With four months to prepare, KK has the time to prepare and minimize the loss of D-Hop. My concern is the running game. Most teams play with at least two RB's, as we did, last year. Conner should continue to be good, but I'm not sure who will be our #2 RB. I have my finders crossed that Eno will step up, as I don't think Ward is much of a 3rd down back or open field runner. More of a ST and short yardage guy. Have no idea about Keonatay (Sp?). And even if he can run the ball, Pass Pro always seem to hold our rookie RB's back. Bottom line, KK has to Game Plan for BOTH passing and running.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If KK needs 4 months to adjust to not having Hopkins then this team is sunk. As Stout and others have already stated, it's his job and Keim's job to make these adjustments on the fly because that is what the the job calls for. Will this be the excuse for him if the team loses another key player just before the season starts? If KK is that slow to react to losses during the season then he shouldn't be a HC.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With four months to prepare, KK has the time to prepare and minimize the loss of D-Hop. My concern is the running game. Most teams play with at least two RB's, as we did, last year. Conner should continue to be good, but I'm not sure who will be our #2 RB. I have my finders crossed that Eno will step up, as I don't think Ward is much of a 3rd down back or open field runner. More of a ST and short yardage guy. Have no idea about Keonatay (Sp?). And even if he can run the ball, Pass Pro always seem to hold our rookie RB's back. Bottom line, KK has to Game Plan for BOTH passing and running.

I'm not that concerned about it because if in early camp it doesn't look like one of the young guys can fill Edmonds role there are a crap tonne of FA backs available.

Lindsay, Booker, Davis, Michel, Williams, Freeman, Gallman, Jackson.

Chris Carson likely to get cut too, I'd be looking there.

Other cut candidates are Tevin Coleman, Zach Moss or Duke Johnson, Trey Serman.

The Pats have like 10 RB's that are decent, a bunch of which are up for trade or cut.