Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope that Hopkins returns ready to go and plays at a Pro-Bowl level even though he is now ineligible.

Under NFL rules, players cannot go to the Pro Bowl after a season in which they served a PED suspension.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopkins is effectively un-tradeable. If traded before June 1, there would be a $33.9M dead cap hit this year, another $22.6M dead cap next year, and $11.3M in 2024. If traded after June 1, there would be $11.3M dead cap hits this year and each of the next two.

I get that we're not happy with him right now, but most of the cost is irrevocably sunk, so might as well suck it up and get as much from him as possible, at least until the cap savings exceeds the dead cap cost.

...dave
People are blowing off steam. And rightfully so. Hopkins screwed up, and no one can deny that. But trading him now would be right out of the Bill Bidwill handbook of the 70's. Look up MacArthur Lane trade to Packers because Dollar Bill got his feelings hurt by the truth. We may need to pick up another WR, and we may not. Hop will get 6 more weeks to rehab that knee & hopefully he comes back with a chip on his shoulders. He's a proud guy, so I'll bet on the latter. This isn't ideal by any stretch, but had we not picked up Hollywood, this would be devastating. Depending on the schedule, I expect the Cardinals to hold their own without him & then be in a position to finish strong once he returns. Contrary to what everyone is saying, losing Hop late last year was not the ONLY reason why we floundered. Our DL, OL, and secondary were beset by injuries also. And Moore was injured also.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, a little known point of history is that we French introduced Beaver Tranquillizer to North America when we first exploited Canada, which became the only country created by the fashion industry. We taught the native people how to spread it in waters close to beaver dams and after its effect; a couple of wacks and we were a paddle down the river closer to a fur hat. After the fur trade waned, we returned the so-called Beaver Tranquillizer, actually French wine, to its original and present use as a panty remover.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, a little known point of history is that we French introduced Beaver Tranquillizer to North America when we first exploited Canada, which became the only country created by the fashion industry. We taught the native people how to spread it in waters close to beaver dams and after its effect; a couple of wacks and we were a paddle down the river closer to a fur hat. After the fur trade waned, we returned the so-called Beaver Tranquillizer, actually French wine, to its original and present use as a panty remover.
I had a 3 three legged dog once. His name was Tripod

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've had to turn off the NFL Channel completely whenever they were discussing the Hollywood trade. And that was even before the Hop news yesterday. It's hard to believe that these clowns are even able to keep their jobs. They harp on the fact that Brown was drafted at 25 & yet we gave up our 23rd for him. No mention that his foot injury just out of college had a huge effect on that, and even more frustrating is that they make no mention of the 3rd round pick we also got in the trade. And I would rather have a WR that has already proven he can produce as opposed to a kid out of college that may or may not produce. Meanwhile, they gush about the Eagles shelling out $100M for AJ Brown, who caught 30 less passes than Hollywood, and is far less durable even with a big body.

AJ Brown was drafted in the 2nd round and just got traded for #18. Don't suppose they mentioned that?

Reaction score
What IF, since we knew that DHOP would have been suspended before hand that we just drafted oline help? Coast through running the ball and committing to that for 6 games? I mean that would have made more sense since we put money into the back field with murray and conner. SO yes the TE that everyone is gushing over wouldn't have been drafted and we went and got guys to put into our line right away. But wait i forgot we got great "value" in the late rounds for linemen huh?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Pointing fingers and finding someone to blame, that's today's world
eh, maybe youre right. Maybe this is just something that happens. Its just darn frustrating.

What real reason is there for me to even be remotely enthusiastic about this team next year? To watch the TE they drafted not play?

This team makes me angry.

Reaction score
Ketamine isn't a horse tranquilizer, but it can be. It can also be used for procedural sedation, as a date rape drug, to chemically restrain someone, and as an analgesic. It's being used in (rather high) daily doses to treat significant depression. Special K, vitamin k, going through the k hole, etc.

This. It's been quite effective as well. It's changed lives for the better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What IF, since we knew that DHOP would have been suspended before hand that we just drafted oline help? Coast through running the ball and committing to that for 6 games? I mean that would have made more sense since we put money into the back field with murray and conner. SO yes the TE that everyone is gushing over wouldn't have been drafted and we went and got guys to put into our line right away. But wait i forgot we got great "value" in the late rounds for linemen huh?

What O line help would that be?

At #23 it was Linderbaum or Tyler Smith. One is a center that never played guard and the other is as raw as Hump was.

For our 2nd it was Luke Goedeke, Ed Ingram, Joshua Ezeudu.

I prefer Smith and Hayes to those guys straight up, never mind for value.

Reaction score
I didnt say not get Hollywood. So not our 1st round pick. But good teams with History of good olines dont go by rankings of players. They evaluate linemen and go get them. The way i see it is get the bodies and play them. I didnt have clear cut favorites in this category just need to commit to do it and i would have been happy. I would be thinking at least they want to protect Kyler without me knowing about DHOP.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
eh, maybe youre right. Maybe this is just something that happens. Its just darn frustrating.

What real reason is there for me to even be remotely enthusiastic about this team next year? To watch the TE they drafted not play?

This team makes me angry.

I can only imagine that the crime and suicide rate in the Bidwill Snr years must have been astronomic. Male anger and suicidal tendencies must have been through the roof.

The last 10 years have been the winningest years in Cards history. 24% of all playoff games in Card history have been in the last 9 seasons. 59% have been in the Mike Bidwill era.

Yet some fans are always so ANGRY. I can't imagine what it must have been like when we didn't make the playoffs for 16 years. Or the period between 1984 and 2007 with only 1 winning season.

Hell, in the 30 years between the 1976 season and Mike taking over the Cards had 2 winning seasons. 2 from 31. I can only imagine the queue to jump off bridges was enormous.

This is literally the golden era of Cardinals football in comparison to it's history yet for some reason people act like it's the 80's all over again.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can only imagine that the crime and suicide rate in the Bidwill Snr years must have been astronomic. Male anger and suicidal tendencies must have been through the roof.

The last 10 years have been the winningest years in Cards history. 24% of all playoff games in Card history have been in the last 9 seasons. 59% have been in the Mike Bidwill era.

Yet some fans are always so ANGRY. I can't imagine what it must have been like when we didn't make the playoffs for 16 years. Or the period between 1984 and 2007 with only 1 winning season.

Hell, in the 30 years between the 1976 season and Mike taking over the Cards had 2 winning seasons. 2 from 31. I can only imagine the queue to jump off bridges was enormous.

This is literally the golden era of Cardinals football in comparison to it's history yet for some reason people act like it's the 80's all over again.
Society is angry. Some just take it out on the internet. Makes them feel big and important

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didnt say not get Hollywood. So not our 1st round pick. But good teams with History of good olines dont go by rankings of players. They evaluate linemen and go get them. The way i see it is get the bodies and play them. I didnt have clear cut favorites in this category just need to commit to do it and i would have been happy. I would be thinking at least they want to protect Kyler without me knowing about DHOP.

They did. They got 2 guards they liked. Does the round matter?

Ezeudu went early round 3 but was consensus ranked 177. That's the combined rank from over 100 big boards and 600 mocks. That's a lot of people that watched him and thought he was the 177th best player. Logan Bruss to the Rams late round 3 was 169.

Lecitus Smith was 161 and Hayes was 148. Would you feel better if we drafted them both in round 3?

Last edited:
Reaction score
They did. They got 2 guards they liked. Does the round matter?

Ezeudu went early round 3 but was consensus ranked 177. that's the combined rank from over 100 big boards and 600 mocks. That's a lot of people that watched him and thought he was the 177th best guard. Logan Bruss to the Rams late round 3 was 169.

Lecitus Smith was 161 and Hayes was 148. Would you feel better if we drafted them both in round 3?
I get that completely but usually those late round guys are fodder and dont make team or dont pan out long term. Perfect example is like that Austrian tackle that kept falling. We should have just grabbed him highly rated player(projected 1st round) that fell and we could have snatched him. I not saying we need a tackle but does not mean he couldnt work in at guard and if he developed into a better player get moved later. Just dont get it and thats why we wont be as good as other teams that do take oline seriously.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You are correct. Cardinal football fans have no right to complain.

Reaction score
Ravens lost Hollywood. They go out and make that oline better since they know their priorities are Lamar and running the ball now at this point. They dont do opposite and draft a TE when they have mark andrews(poke at Cards) or only draft defense. They knew the future is Lamar and took action.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh they have a right to complain. Just because it's the best period of Cards football ever doesn't mean all is rosy and there is nothing to improve.

But there is a lot of straight up anger bordering on hatred. To the point that some want to blame the org for everything and just attack them relentlessly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ravens lost Hollywood. They go out and make that oline better since they know their priorities are Lamar and running the ball now at this point. They dont do opposite and draft a TE when they have mark andrews(poke at Cards) or only draft defense. They knew the future is Lamar and took action.

They drafted 2 tight ends...

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah! We made the playoffs last year! And ALMOST the year before!

We should be non stop partying with all the success we've had as of late.

We should also broadcast our success to show how confident we are in this club because we have totally not been the butt of all jokes and have totally not had some of the most embarrassing moments in our history (2014, 2018....not last year cause we made playoffs, yeah!).

Be happy you are a Cards fan, success is just around the corner. See that stick, it's holding the success right there. C'mon, only positive energy vibes, that's what will get this team motivated to WIN!

Woooooooooooooooooo, Your Arizona Cardinals are Super Bowl Champs, n your dream. So make sure to get plenty of rest.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose