Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The suspension isn't, but the underwhelming reaction to it certainly is. We needed 2 top WRs. We traded for one, and...now we go for 1/3 of the season with a #1 and no real #2. Just great!

So they should keep a 3rd top receiver in the closet to whip out in case of emergency?

They have 2 1st round pick WR's, a 2nd round pick WR, a 2nd round pick TE and a top 10 TE in the league. Plus a running back who averaged 50 yards receiving a game through the 2nd half of the season. With 4 months to game plan.

If Kliff can't win with that then we weren't winning anything anyway.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DHOP knowing for months makes you wonder if this time up the Kyler holdout talk. Im sure his agent knew and was scared af of risking his client starting the season without a contract.

Noticeable dropoff without Hopkins.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Dhop didn’t knowingly put things into his body that are against league rules & yet he’s not going to appeal his suspension? Lol ok bro.

It doesn't have to be knowingly and it's extremely difficult to prove you didn't do it knowingly.

Unless he can say "Here's a tainted supplement I took and the lab tests to prove it" he can;t possibly win, so would only cost him 2 more games.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are going to have the same offense as the ravens for 6 weeks. Kyler better be ready to run.
The problem is we dont have the same level of knockback in our Oline like the Ravens.
Now the good thing is we have 4 months to develop some. However, that's going to be on Kliff. Well its on Kliff to make due with the parts he's been given.

The last time I really felt that way about the running game was the 2nd half of 2019.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we assuming people are that gullable that we have to change the thread title to ruin punchlines?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So they should keep a 3rd top receiver in the closet to whip out in case of emergency?

They have 2 1st round pick WR's, a 2nd round pick WR, a 2nd round pick TE and a top 10 TE in the league. Plus a running back who averaged 50 yards receiving a game through the 2nd half of the season. With 4 months to game plan.

If Kliff can't win with that then we weren't winning anything anyway.
Love how you mentioned draft status for AJ like he wasn’t drafted 10 years & didn’t mention how the OL sadly & hilariously downgraded from last season. Like Keim, trenches don’t matter to you so I get it.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Time for Kyler to step up and show some leadership. We didn’t see it at the end of last season. Now’s the time to prove you deserve the big contract by navigating through adversity. One other question though. If they knew about this back in November, why did Keim and Kingsbury get 5 year extensions? I know it was Hopkins, not them that took the substance, but if they want to change the culture this probably doesn’t help.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Time for Kyler to step up and show some leadership. We didn’t see it at the end of last season. Now’s the time to prove you deserve the big contract by navigating through adversity. One other question though. If they knew about this back in November, why did Keim and Kingsbury get 5 year extensions? I know it was Hopkins, not them that took the substance, but if they want to change the culture this probably doesn’t help.
Yes, because in today's world let's find many to blame that are blameless. The jerk took the PEDs let him suffer the consequences

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People keep saying Keim needs to sign a WR.
He needs to sign or trade for an Olineman. Then sign a RB.

Removing Hopkins takes away our fastball. We have to develop a legit running game. It'll be really scary if Conner is averaging 3.3 YPC to start the season. We better develop a running game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love how you mentioned draft status for AJ like he wasn’t drafted 10 years & didn’t mention how the OL sadly & hilariously downgraded from last season. Like Keim, trenches don’t matter to you so I get it.

I didn't mention the experience of any player including Green. He had 850 yards last year with the 3rd most targets. He's not 42 year old Jerry Rice.

And the O line hasn't been downgraded. That's just a Keim hating fever dream you had.

Losing Garcia while adding Hernandez, getting Murray back and adding Smith and Hayes in the draft isn't a downgrade.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How is a player unwittingly taking PEDs a culture issue?

How is a player knowingly taking PEDs a culture issue?

These teams had PED suspensions in the last year.

Titans
Bengals
Fins
Panthers
Rams
Raiders
Jags
Giants (Twice)
Cowboys
Lions (Twice)
Texans
Saints
Niners (Twice)
Steelers

Barely a team hasn't had a PED suspension.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didnt say that... I said the impact players are cheaters and clowns.

The team sucks because it hires incompetent management...... which sometimes can lead to poor roster management

All these teams must have bad coaches and GM's as they all had PED suspensions in the last year.

Titans
Bengals
Fins
Panthers
Rams
Raiders
Jags
Giants (Twice)
Cowboys
Lions (Twice)
Texans
Saints
Niners (Twice)
Steelers

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
All these teams must have bad coaches and GM's as they all had PED suspensions in the last year.

Titans
Bengals
Fins
Panthers
Rams
Raiders
Jags
Giants (Twice)
Cowboys
Lions (Twice)
Texans
Saints
Niners (Twice)
Steelers
were they impact players?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the PEDs are part of an overall league (or even sports) culture.

As Jim Rome always said, “If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying, and it’s only cheating if you get caught.”

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny "analysts" are saying

"Oh. The Hollywood trade makes sense now".

As if they are trading a 1st to patch a 6 game hole. The trade was happening either way.
I've had to turn off the NFL Channel completely whenever they were discussing the Hollywood trade. And that was even before the Hop news yesterday. It's hard to believe that these clowns are even able to keep their jobs. They harp on the fact that Brown was drafted at 25 & yet we gave up our 23rd for him. No mention that his foot injury just out of college had a huge effect on that, and even more frustrating is that they make no mention of the 3rd round pick we also got in the trade. And I would rather have a WR that has already proven he can produce as opposed to a kid out of college that may or may not produce. Meanwhile, they gush about the Eagles shelling out $100M for AJ Brown, who caught 30 less passes than Hollywood, and is far less durable even with a big body.