Phase II FA Priorities

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
maybe the eagles will trade Fletcher Cox, considering they just took the best DT in the draft at pick 13

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
IMO:

1) Average IDL
2) Rotational Edge
3) RB
4) CB

That’s not really a bad group of needs, and there are lots of players available.

One just hopes that Keim is realistic/cynical about what he can expect from his rookie class and not hoping to see what happens at rookie minicamp before making moves.

FWIW, I’m prolly gonna be fine going into camp with Golden-Gardeck-Kennard as our Edge rotation, but I’d feel a lot better if we had another guy whom I thought had a 50/50 shot of getting 8+ sacks on the roster.
Agree with rotational DL. Pretty much every option at this point is older so they will need more rotation anyways. Could see a sizable chunk going here.

Disagree on EDGE more because of the number of roster spots. Essentially you lost two in Jones and Fittis and are are adding Thomas and Sanders. Unless they plan on cutting Dimukeje. They probably should and just put Dimukeje on the PS again, but we will see.

RB. Again, they probably should but I feel like they like Ward and Eno. If they do bring someone in, the role will be interesting because I feel like they want to see what they have in Ward and Eno.

CB...kinda feels similar to CB. Probably depends on how they view Whitaker and his development.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So you'd sell out for Suh or Louteleilei right now?

I think you're probably right that the Cards think they have Edge under control, but yikes you're putting a lot of eggs in a very slow basket.
I think the Cardinals probably consider a vet receiver now too.

I'd look at Suh. Lotuleilei (sp?) has been a below average player for a few years now. Just a name.

Alien Hicks would be good for a few games (until he gets hurt).

Anyone wanting OL or CB is going to be disappointed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree with rotational DL. Pretty much every option at this point is older so they will need more rotation anyways. Could see a sizable chunk going here.
Yeah none of the available players are wart free.
Disagree on EDGE more because of the number of roster spots. Essentially you lost two in Jones and Fittis and are are adding Thomas and Sanders. Unless they plan on cutting Dimukeje. They probably should and just put Dimukeje on the PS again, but we will see.
Too many players that I think the Cardinals like.

Golden, Gardeck, Thomas, and Sanders are pretty much locks. You don't keep more than five really, so Dimukeje who looked decent against the run at least is probably staying as well.
RB. Again, they probably should but I feel like they like Ward and Eno. If they do bring someone in, the role will be interesting because I feel like they want to see what they have in Ward and Eno.
Ingram has a great shot to make the team, and I like him more than Ward at least.
CB...kinda feels similar to CB. Probably depends on how they view Whitaker and his development.
Right, and you wouldn't throw much at CB 5 anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson