Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL. Saying that this team is different than last year's team when we collapsed without DHop ignores that our entire objective this offseason was to keep together the team that went 10-2 with DHop and hope it lasts for a full 17 weeks.

We've had 20 roster moves this offseason and 14 of them were to re-sign players who were on the roster last year.

Yes. Except Brown.

Also Nuk went out unexpectedly from an offense built around him. Now we have all offseason to prepare.

If you think the season is over because we lose Nuk for the first 6 I don't know what to tell you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are on a cold streak today. You CONSTANTLY touted the early season record while minimizing the late-season slide during this offseason. Constantly.

I touted it as proof we have a talented team. I also said it matters little if you finish poorly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i get that but with titans/aj brown money talks and everything has a price.

True. I suspect there was a big element of we want to do everything we can to help Kyler succeed and he's tight with Hollywood.

Just sucks we finally seemed to have some good stuff happening, we pretty clearly won't trade Kyler, got him another WR etc and now this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep! Piss poor move by the FO.

I know peeps are going to say we couldn’t do it, why didn’t they try to get AJ Brown, knowing what was coming. Yeah, teams can manipulate the cap almost anyway they want to make salaries fit. The Lambs do. Ugh
Yep. Now there isn't an even argument against the fact that we're punting on the season. Our plan was to address #1 receiver for 6 weeks and #2 receiver with Hollywood alone. That isn't a plan for success.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes. Except Brown.

Also Nuk went out unexpectedly from an offense built around him. Now we have all offseason to prepare.

If you think the season is over because we lose Nuk for the first 6 I don't know what to tell you.

I don't expect Brown to be meaningfully better than Kirk. Hasn't shown the ability to be.

No one is saying that "the season is over because we lose Nuk;" I'm just saying that our margins are MUCH narrower.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't expect Brown to be meaningfully better than Kirk. Hasn't shown the ability to be.

No one is saying that "the season is over because we lose Nuk;" I'm just saying that our margins are MUCH narrower.

Good job nobodies expectations mean anything then

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are on a cold streak today. You CONSTANTLY touted the early season record while minimizing the late-season slide during this offseason. Constantly.
Stout, some posters would be better off just saying nothing. Sifting through this mess looking for something good is ridiculous.
Right now we are worse than we were at the end of the year.
Adding Brown minus Hopkins and Kirk is not an upgrade. Saying McBride moving outside will pick up the slack is VERY speculative at best.
I’m going to up my bet on the under.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score

Well with comments like the team "is punting on the season" I am not so sure about that...