Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Reaction score
If this ends up being the thing that gets Hopkins out of town then we'll question even more why they didn't pursue AJ Brown. I get the cap, contracts, etc. The goal was for Hopkins AND Brown for the next couple of years. If its just one we should have figured out something to get an alpha WR in AJ Brown.
absolutely

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this ends up being the thing that gets Hopkins out of town then we'll question even more why they didn't pursue AJ Brown. I get the cap, contracts, etc. The goal was for Hopkins AND Brown for the next couple of years. If its just one we should have figured out something to get an alpha WR in AJ Brown.
Do you really need to question it when you remember who’s in charge?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I said this many times after last season.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

If Nuk makes or breaks us we aren't very good and I don't believe that.

LOL. Saying that this team is different than last year's team when we collapsed without DHop ignores that our entire objective this offseason was to keep together the team that went 10-2 with DHop and hope it lasts for a full 17 weeks.

We've had 20 roster moves this offseason and 14 of them were to re-sign players who were on the roster last year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If they knew about it, then they are criminally inept, because they haven't prepared for this. Brown for Nuke is not like for like, and even if it were, that just leaves ANOTHER gaping hole at WR. Un-freaking-believable.
Yep! Piss poor move by the FO.

I know peeps are going to say we couldn’t do it, why didn’t they try to get AJ Brown, knowing what was coming. Yeah, teams can manipulate the cap almost anyway they want to make salaries fit. The Lambs do. Ugh

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's a joke.

Jeez there are some miserable gits around here.

It sucks. But nothing we can do about it so why stress it?

We still have Hollywood, Moore, Green, Ertz, McBride etc

I'll reassess it when the schedule is released. It we play the Rams twice in the first 6 I'll be more concerned.
That's not a positive and a horrible, horrible use of etc lol We have a proven NFL WR that is arguably a #2 but may be able to be a #1. We have a 2nd-year player with no guarantee he can ever be a significant #1 or #2 and nothing to convince me he will be. We have an over the hill nothing. We have an unproven rookie TE, and we have an aging Ertz, whom I do like better than Green by a country mile. AT BEST, we have a #1 WR, a #1 TE, and a whole lot of question marks and nothing. That's not the way you approach a season. We must make another move at WR or accept that we just won't do much the first 6 weeks.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There aren't any good WR free agents avaialbe. Please don't say OBJ, he torn his ACL in the Super Bowl. Hopkins will be back before he is ready. Don't blame Keim either, it''s the idiot Hopkins fault. I would like a refund on my season tickets!!! :bang:

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cards would save $12.5 mil next offseason if cut.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I said this many times after last season.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

If Nuk makes or breaks us we aren't very good and I don't believe that.
You are on a cold streak today. You CONSTANTLY touted the early season record while minimizing the late-season slide during this offseason. Constantly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! Piss poor move by the FO.

I know peeps are going to say we couldn’t do it, why didn’t they try to get AJ Brown, knowing what was coming. Yeah, teams can manipulate the cap almost anyway they want to make salaries fit. The Lambs do. Ugh

That assumes he wanted to play here. We know Hollywood did because of Kyler. Brown apparently is tight with Hurts and that played a big role in him going to Philly.