Dallas @ Suns Game 1 (R2) Monday 5-2-2022, 7 PM

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah… he’s a constant GOD SHAMET in my text threads with my buddies… and not in a good way.
Dude it's hilarious. My wife and kids almost shout it in unison now either at the game or at home watching when he misses.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s ok shamet just needs to find his rhythm hopefully this series for the WCF and Finals hopefully! We won’t need him against the Mava as much as against GS, hopefully Memphis at least makes it a series and beats them up a little we don’t need them sweeping and resting up for us.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can see it in the play styles but not the attitude. Has Ayton ever gotten a tech? Sheed used to get them just by looking at refs.
I was think of the comparison as more abstract. Wallace was always talked about and respected as one of the leagues best players even though his stats were underwhelming. He made an all star team averaging 12 ppg and 6 rpg one year. But he was good in big spots.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s ok shamet just needs to find his rhythm hopefully this series for the WCF and Finals hopefully! We won’t need him against the Mava as much as against GS, hopefully Memphis at least makes it a series and beats them up a little we don’t need them sweeping and resting up for us.
Honestly the way he shoots while always jumping sideways I am amazed he makes as many as he does. I swear if he would just let the defender fly by and shoot normally his success would be much higher.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly the way he shoots while always jumping sideways I am amazed he makes as many as he does. I swear if he would just let the defender fly by and shoot normally his success would be much higher.
He needs to be stationary when shooting. I swear his 3pt percentage likely increases tenfold when shooting standing still.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

yep up and down, and even when he jumps forward he seems to have a high success rate. Rushed, side movement, ugh frustrating misses because they're so close.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some video on how the Suns have defended Doncic in the past.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reaction score
Some comments have given me the impression Luka Doncic is, like many stars, a jerk. Makes me worry that he'll kick a Suns player in the groin, or undercut him, or some such dirty move. Not so much a Bruce Bowen move as Kobe Bryant-like behavior. Think Bryant hitting Raja Bell in the face when referees supposedly don't look.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some comments have given me the impression Luka Doncic is, like many stars, a jerk. Makes me worry that he'll kick a Suns player in the groin, or undercut him, or some such dirty move. Not so much a Bruce Bowen move as Kobe Bryant-like behavior. Think Bryant hitting Raja Bell in the face when referees supposedly don't look.
Well, he certainly seems like he is a selfish prick, but I don't really think there is much evidence he is a dirty player.

He has a tendancy to whine to the officials and always think he is fouled, but I don't really have a problem with the way he plays.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he's one of the least likable players in the NBA IMO. Great player, I wouldn't call him dirty but the smirks and all the stuff to the crowd and the refs. He also does this thing at least once a game where he loses his man for a layup and then points at a teammate and blames them.

But he's an amazing offensive player.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some posterizing "Valley Oops" to Ayton ,McGee, Biz and Ish.
If Dallas wants to play small then we fly and play above them.
If Luka wants to flop all over the court then we should give him reasons to flop.
Again the Pells were the best 1st round opponent for us, They woke our asses up.
Yeah he's very unlikeable every time he shoots the ball he acts like there was contact, and the refs buy it most of the time.
But I've only ever seen Luka on the other end of altercations where players like Beverly and Morris are trying to injure him. I don't think he's a dirty player but I only see him play a few times a year and in highlights.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry about the noise in the background guys I know you think that was basketballs, but Jae Crowder hasn't stopped punching the wall since someone stole his F... you Jae Crowder shirt out of his locker.

We think it was Luka

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok time to get ready. I think my head is in the right place now.
Talk at ya after the victory.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this been posted before but in an interview with Chris Paul, he says Monty says Deandre Ayton is the quarterback of the defense.

I've never heard this quarterback of the defense terminology before so it's quite a compliment for Deandre.

I think those two guys--Monty and CP3--know it when they see it. And I don't think they are lying. Interesting.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry about the noise in the background guys I know you think that was basketballs, but Jae Crowder hasn't stopped punching the wall since someone stole his F... you Jae Crowder shirt out of his locker.

We think it was Luka
that's what we need is Crowder to bang up his hand more.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok time to get ready. I think my head is in the right place now.
Talk at ya after the victory.
I am really tired and grumpy. I don't think anyone should be around me when I watch this game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That's surprisingly revealing: Crowder has a lot of bad misses, Payne doesn't discipline himself to be balanced or in rhythm, and Booker is genuinely focused on trying to make every shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson