Deandre Hopkins Suspended Six Games

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that they found a masking agent and not specifically a PED. Though it could specifically be a masking agent for PEDs.

Yeah that makes more sense then it could be pot

Get this per google last year the NFL stopped testing for THC, but only from April to Sept. So they of course stop testing on 4/20, not making this up. So if D Hop tested positive for an agent masking pot, it means he literally had to wait just a few weeks and it wouldn't have been tested for.

now I'm really hoping it was PED's would REALLY suck if he just couldn't wait a couple of weeks to smoke weed.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im betting he winds up in Baltimore.

I'd target Will Fuller even though he sort of just does what Hollywood is set to bring.
Fuller has never played a full season and is a bad test away from a full season ban! I'll pass.

Reaction score
lol maybe we should have gotten a WR that is at least 6 ft tall. TEs are not the same unless you are a very special talent like Kelce/Gronk maybe even Andrews but yeah. trade him get a different receiver for cheaper

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s see how it goes if we even go .500 the first six I would rather finish strong than start strong! Do you think he would have made it 17 games anyway? Honestly? I would rather have him the last 11+ as opposed to first 6 honestly. Is it stupid of him of course but it’s normal nowadays for someone to test for masking and be suspended. Maybe it could be good for the team to know they don’t have him and acylearn to play without him? Scheme? Kliff you have plenty of time to adjust this time, you had better have a decent plan and scheme!

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not what I was expecting to see when I logged in :(

I’m not in the move on from DHop camp but this was really idiotic from him. Who’s out there we could offer up a 2nd for? Also do bye weeks count in the suspension weeks?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
With PP21 it was obvious he was not as good anymore and he was trying to score another contract. This is completely different and unnecessary imo.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jfc. as if the end of last season wasn't enough to be bitter about.. talk about sucking the life of the fan base.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Schefter said they knew about it. Which is why they pushed harder for Brown.

Yep.
If they knew about it, then they are criminally inept, because they haven't prepared for this. Brown for Nuke is not like for like, and even if it were, that just leaves ANOTHER gaping hole at WR. Un-freaking-believable.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He was playing hurt a handful of games that’s my guess when he was taking them.

Athletes also take them to get healthy and he kept wanting to play so much Kliff had to talk to him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the love of God, I just hope Keim doesn't drag his feet on bringing a WR on the team.

None of this end of training camp Michael Crabtree stuff. Rolling out the Antoine Wesley offense could be very dangerous...for us.

Although I guess at least Kliff has all off season to prepare. Would help to get your franchise QB in camp/practice as well.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they knew about it, then they are criminally inept, because they haven't prepared for this. Brown for Nuke is not like for like, and even if it were, that just leaves ANOTHER gaping hole at WR. Un-freaking-believable.
If this ends up being the thing that gets Hopkins out of town then we'll question even more why they didn't pursue AJ Brown. I get the cap, contracts, etc. The goal was for Hopkins AND Brown for the next couple of years. If its just one we should have figured out something to get an alpha WR in AJ Brown.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Hopefully he was just taking because of his injury, and it hasn’t been the “secret sauce” to his continued success into his late 20s.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose