Overall Draft

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you consider our 1st, 4th, and 5th picks resulted in Hollywood Brown, Wilson, and Ertz, our overall draft looks very promising. We never quite know how it will play out, but for now, looks great!
I'm always positive after the draft

Still a lot of missing pieces to go to get ready for the regular season

Hopefully some of these guys can step up and make an impact this year

We definitely need

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I posted elsewhere that I though rounds 1-3 were excellent. I disliked the later selections. I should add others liked the RB & the Gs better than I did. I’m worried the group won’t learn to pass protect effectively.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I posted elsewhere that I though rounds 1-3 were excellent. I disliked the later selections. I should add others liked the RB & the Gs better than I did. I’m worried the group won’t learn to pass protect effectively.
Like I posted in another thread, Ingram played his best ball last year in a similar running scheme.

And the two guards....I'm sick of the Cardinals drafting soft pass blockers. They need at least one guard who is a smash mouth guy. These two are both that way.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there's some consternation about the order players were picked in, such as Guards coming late. But I look at it like this.

We had 8 picks and had we had picks in every round and it ran something like this I don't think most would like it.

2. McBride (ranked 51)
3. Thomas (ranked 61)
4. Sanders (ranked 82)
5. Hayes (ranked 148)
6. Smith (ranked 161)
6. Luketa (ranked 165)
7. Matthew (unranked)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I posted in another thread, Ingram played his best ball last year in a similar running scheme.

And the two guards....I'm sick of the Cardinals drafting soft pass blockers. They need at least one guard who is a smash mouth guy. These two are both that way.

Both seem very intelligent too. Watched a few interviews of both. Seem like good guys, word hard, real students of their position.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am.....satisfied,.. by the fact we grabbed a couple semi-instant contributors at positions of need.

I am pretty tickled to see we were actually able to draft for depth. We don't usually get to do that.

I wanted a Guard, but the truth is, any guy who would contribute this season or next was gone before our pick.....and using extra picks to trade up, just to get a guy whose peak is " midling starter".... well that's just not the way.

I liked the early commitment to the offense.

Would have liked to have seen keim draft a planet in the sixth... not necessarily Jupiter...but Neptune surely,....a massive 340lb NT who clogs the middle, stops runs, and can collapse the front of the pocket if not double teamed... net really an interior pass rusher, but a guy who can walk back an olineman if single blocked,... even if he runs a 5.5 forty.

Considering our picks..... I like the shotgun approach to the edge.
Keim did the same thing to interior DLine a few years ago and this season is about when we should see if they panned out.

Still might look at Akeem Hicks though.

Josh Jones should also be coming to the point where he can play meaningful snaps.... Beacham is solid at RT so I would have Jones competing for the RG position ...... we want the best 5 on the field and if he has grown into his talent he should be part of that group

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too much of the success of each younster will hinge on how quickly (if at all) he develops toward reaching full potential.

We don’t know yet which guy has freakish traits, is coachable, has a high reachable ceiling, is stuck in developmental mud etc. etc. (Look at our UDFA’s and the number of them who moved thru the portal from school to school - it adds to the uncertainty and is why so many scouts have gray hair).

I’ll say this - The specter of a number of these guys peforming to full potential excites me.