Recap - and where do we go from here?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fair enough.

He's never played less than 50% snaps and played 70% last year. As far as DL goes he's a starter.

I don't think he would start for many other teams in the league. Never had higher than 58 PFF grade. Not great vs the run or rushing the passer.

He'd be fine as a 35-40% depth guy but for the amount he plays its a spot we could easily upgrade IMO.
The DL is what it is. Not a super talented group
There definitely is and I completely expect to see at least 1 notable vet signed. Leki is our only nose on run downs right now.
Actually when given the chance, the Cardinals play Lawrence at the nose.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the season comes down to two questions:

1. is the offensive line good enough? Does the org. get the o-line from games 1-10, or, the one from the last 7 weeks? it sure feels like they are counting on improvement internally, but I am not sure where that comes from. Maybe 2020 DJ Humphries comes back. Maybe Josh Jones shows up at RT (imo -- G is not his position). Justin Murray comes back --

2. Is the secondary good enough? i think counting on some internal improvement here is reasonable -- Murphy should get marginally better, Wilson should get significantly better and they added a talented but unproven Gladney to the mix.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see what your saying and the numbers deforest back up your case but he’s shown flashes and works his tail off. I think the organization likes him and I expect them to extend him. He’s a solid player and won’t break the bank. Good teams need players like him, especially teams who are going to be offense-heavy on the payroll like we will be.

Yeah I'm fine with him as depth but right now if you wrote down our starting line he would be on it and I don't think he's good enough.

Don't doubt his character or work rate though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I fully expect the Cardinals to at the very least sign a veteran defensive tackle and a cornerback(maybe Alford) this summer. Also, possibly an edge rusher, running back, and offensive lineman, depending on how the guys on our current roster look and which free agents are available.

Alford tweeted recently something like "Bring on year 10" like he was signing somewhere. Could well be the Cards.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i think the season comes down to two questions:

1. is the offensive line good enough? Does the org. get the o-line from games 1-10, or, the one from the last 7 weeks? it sure feels like they are counting on improvement internally, but I am not sure where that comes from. Maybe 2020 DJ Humphries comes back. Maybe Josh Jones shows up at RT (imo -- G is not his position). Justin Murray comes back --

2. Is the secondary good enough? i think counting on some internal improvement here is reasonable -- Murphy should get marginally better, Wilson should get significantly better and they added a talented but unproven Gladney to the mix.
Couldn’t agree more!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose