Marquis Hayes

Follow

6'5"318 lbs Oklahoma

10 POS RK
139 OVR RK
64 GRADE

You must be registered for see images attach

Marquis Hayes' NFL draft profile​

Take a look at highlights from Oklahoma guard Marquis Hayes ahead of the NFL draft.

Pre-Draft Analysis​

Hayes is a mauler who plays with good leverage and is effective climbing to the second level on combo blocks in the run game. He fits better in a power-heavy scheme than he does in a zone-heavy scheme. He has long arms and heavy hands in pass pro, but he doesn't have great quickness or change of direction. -- Steve Muench

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good pick at this point in the draft.

Reaction score
Our prayers are heard apparently seems everyone thinks a late round oline player is the savior. Did I miss like an important trade for a top tier guard or center or something. Just wondering why we didn't even attempt to solidify the line. Am I the only one who remembers the playoff embarrassment??

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our prayers are heard apparently seems everyone thinks a late round oline player is the savior. Did I miss like an important trade for a top tier guard or center or something. Just wondering why we didn't even attempt to solidify the line. Am I the only one who remembers the playoff embarrassment??
We already have a top tier center

Reaction score
We already have a top tier center
Statistics and kylers play say differently. Running backwards in terror every game would say our line is just straight bad. Therefore center and gaurds are no good since pressure up middle is what happens almost every time. We are not thinking about 17 game season. Are goal should basically just build a team to beat rams. Since we will never get to the only thing that matters (superbowl) if we can't beat them when we need to.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hayes is my favorite pick of the draft. I'd have been happy with him in the 3rd.

I don't understand how they had Smith in the 6th above him.

For what it's worth Hayes was Brugler 6th ranked OG with a 3rd round grade.

STRENGTHS: Wide-framed blocker with natural thickness and outstanding arm length ... anchors down to absorb contact ... uses his powerful reach to control the man in front of him ... physical hands in everything he does ... efficient on short and long pulls with excellent body control and lateral quickness ... moves with enough
fluidity to swing his hips and create blocking angles ... plays alert with the vision to locate moving targets as a puller and stunts/twists in pass protection ... plays pissed off and doesn’t have a passive bone in his body, often finishing his man to the ground ... the OU coaches say he worked hard to trim excess weight and stay in shape ... played a ton of snaps the last three seasons with 37 career starts (36 consecutive).

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Statistics and kylers play say differently. Running backwards in terror every game would say our line is just straight bad. Therefore center and gaurds are no good since pressure up middle is what happens almost every time. We are not thinking about 17 game season. Are goal should basically just build a team to beat rams. Since we will never get to the only thing that matters (superbowl) if we can't beat them when we need to.

The issue was the revolving door at right guard, not centre or left.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hayes is my favorite pick of the draft. I'd have been happy with him in the 3rd.

I don't understand how they had Smith in the 6th above him.

For what it's worth Hayes was Brugler 6th ranked OG with a 3rd round grade.

STRENGTHS: Wide-framed blocker with natural thickness and outstanding arm length ... anchors down to absorb contact ... uses his powerful reach to control the man in front of him ... physical hands in everything he does ... efficient on short and long pulls with excellent body control and lateral quickness ... moves with enough
fluidity to swing his hips and create blocking angles ... plays alert with the vision to locate moving targets as a puller and stunts/twists in pass protection ... plays pissed off and doesn’t have a passive bone in his body, often finishing his man to the ground ... the OU coaches say he worked hard to trim excess weight and stay in shape ... played a ton of snaps the last three seasons with 37 career starts (36 consecutive).

Smith and Hayes are upgrades on Harlow, I'd like to think, and the profile seems to indicate that Smith can be turned into a serviceable centre.