2022 3rd round pick B is Myjai Sanders Edge

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The terms in these write-ups crack me up.. bend, twitchiness, length.. lol. Physicality is in the dictionary but it's an overused and stupid term, imo. I think John Thompson from Georgetown was the first guy to use it. The reporter responded with.. wait, wut??

Nothing to see here...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s got some talent but I still think he’s a huuuuge project! Can he put on 30-40 pounds that he will likely need to be an NFL edge player?

A big reach imo. Better players & talent on the board. But hey it is Keim & companies board. Lol
Even in his game film, where he was supposed to be playing heavier, he looked so skinny. If he can put on good weight he might have something, but his hips look narrow to me. That’s said, I’ll take Harry’s word for it he’s a worthwhile gamble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I read that too. They say it might have affected his combine numbers and along with the weight loss it might push him down the draft board.

I see he says he's at 248 now.
I see all the listed #s, but for me I look at the tape and see a really skinny lanky guy. He’s tall at 6’5 so even 240 is stretched over a long frame. Looks like narrow hips and one of the knocks is has trouble keeping in weight. Could be a case where his body is still maturing and will eventually hold good weight. Having not really watched him other than draft vids it’s the only thing that I can comment on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm liking the pick less and less. If they think they can take a guy who played at a light weight and add 30 freaking pounds and still have the same kind of athleticism, they're insane.
Particularly if he’s already 24. That kinda knocks out my comment about his body still maturing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still young, many successful players came in the league at 24
What matter most if he is good or not
Daryll Washington rookie year at 24, and was crazy good
Several pass rusher are still serviceable after 30
But being older likely means his body is more mature, in other words, less likely to fill out than a 22 year old could expect.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even in his game film, where he was supposed to be playing heavier, he looked so skinny. If he can put on good weight he might have something, but his hips look narrow to me. That’s said, I’ll take Harry’s word for it he’s a worthwhile gamble.

I agree but he can still bulk up. Maxx Crosby in college looked nothing like Crosby in year 2.

I'm less worried about size than meh skill set.

But we will see. Might surprise us all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I see all the listed #s, but for me I look at the tape and see a really skinny lanky guy. He’s tall at 6’5 so even 240 is stretched over a long frame. Looks like narrow hips and one of the knocks is has trouble keeping in weight. Could be a case where his body is still maturing and will eventually hold good weight. Having not really watched him other than draft vids it’s the only thing that I can comment on.
When I just saw the tape, I was like, awe no, another hybrid which does not know if he's a safety or a LB... or rather the Cardinals will not know what to make of his position lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’s an OLB. He‘s likely to play mostly on passing downs & special teams. The weight is not an issue. He doesn’t bull rush. He is great at cutting the corner and out-quick ing the defender. His agility let’s him get would be defenders off balance. He Uses leverage & upper body strength to maneuver them out of his path. He’s very coordinated with excellent speed & balance. He’ll be a factor in the rush.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still actually like this pick. We probably had/have the slowest Edge players in the league with Golden and Kennard. Adding a speed rusher to the group is a huge positive, especially so late in the draft.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He’s tall at 6’5 so even 240 is stretched over a long frame. Looks like narrow hips and one of the knocks is has trouble keeping in weight. Could be a case where his body is still maturing and will eventually hold good weight. Having not really watched him other than draft vids it’s the only thing that I can comment on.

Heck, I have put on over 70lbs since I was 50. The Cards just have to wait him out. He will get heavier eventually.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s got some talent but I still think he’s a huuuuge project! Can he put on 30-40 pounds that he will likely need to be an NFL edge player?

A big reach imo. Better players & talent on the board. But hey it is Keim & companies board. Lol

the weight is misleading he was 228 at the combine because he was coming off being sick. He was nearly 250 at his pro day

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One negative I've seen multiple places on Sanders is he's a snap count guesser. So when you see people raving about his get off and first step be aware he's apparently a guy who tries to guess the snap count. Which works much better in college than in the NFL where guys like Rodgers will feast on people who guess.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've noticed that some of the best edge benders have cartoonishly small waistlines for their size. Like young Von Miller. Can't be more than 29".

You must be registered for see images attach