Live at the draft

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got to attend my first live NFL Draft and it was awesome. Made even better because I got to experience it with my boy.

Checked it off my bucket list!
That's awesome to experience that with your son

He'll remember that the rest of his life

You're a good dad! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok couple observations from ESPN stage today…. Finally met Desmond Howard and RGlll…. Both incredibly friendly first and foremost. But kinda shocked just how tiny Desmond is and oppositely how big RG is…. That is all…

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok couple observations from ESPN stage today…. Finally met Desmond Howard and RGlll…. Both incredibly friendly first and foremost. But kinda shocked just how tiny Desmond is and oppositely how big RG is…. That is all…
Looked for you but didn’t see you yesterday. Was too crowded to hang around that area for long.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And where is the pics? Or you just making it up lol

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many jokes…

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I didn't get to see a single Cards pick... about 5 picks into the 2nd day, my dad flipped out (drunk) and started yelling at/threatening guest services because he wanted a water bottle. Had to take him back to the room before he got arrested. Left the hotel this AM and came home.

Disappointing and embarrassing.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy had this on thought it was cool. He said the team gave them out. Said he was told that Cards are only team for the license for them?

Attachments

• AED4F511-42DA-4062-8341-5ABEEF0458EF.jpeg
    AED4F511-42DA-4062-8341-5ABEEF0458EF.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 14

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This guy had this on thought it was cool. He said the team gave them out. Said he was told that Cards are only team for the license for them?

Saw that on TV yesterday. Rather him than me!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't get to see a single Cards pick... about 5 picks into the 2nd day, my dad flipped out (drunk) and started yelling at/threatening guest services because he wanted a water bottle. Had to take him back to the room before he got arrested. Left the hotel this AM and came home.

Really sorry to hear that bud. Alcohol can be a MFer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Hope he's falling all over himself apologizing today rather than falling all over himself from the drink. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Solar7
Damn, bro. Drinking too much and getting out of control is no laughing matter. In my experience, apologies are generally weak sauce and don't help much. Maybe something good will come of it, but in the meantime you have my full confidence that you will be the better for it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hope he's falling all over himself apologizing today rather than falling all over himself from the drink. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
Yeah, he's majorly apologetic.

I'm less mad he got overly drunk, and more mad that he couldn't control his emotions and misdirected them in a violent manner. It'd be one thing if he was staggering around and needed to be put to bed. The rage is the scary part. Could have hurt someone if I didn't walk up at the exact right time to physically restrain him.

Edit: And thanks to the others who expressed well-wishes.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neither of my parents were drinkers, but my redheaded Italian mother could get unruly. Took my parents to a Cardinals/Skins game in 94. It was Buddy’s 1st season. I had NEVER seen the Cardinals beat the Skins at RFK in 12 years. The Skins were defending SB champions & the Cardinals were 1-4. Mom was in everyone’s face before the game predicting a Cardinal win. Skins fans were having none of that & I had to intervene a couple of times. My poor wife is a Skins fan, and her family had season tickets. That’s how we were there. My wife was petrified. Cardinals won 19-16 in OT. All of us, including the Skins fans, were in shock. My Mom strutted out of that stadium like a proud peacock.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither of my parents were drinkers, but my redheaded Italian mother could get unruly. Took my parents to a Cardinals/Skins game in 94. It was Buddy’s 1st season. I had NEVER seen the Cardinals beat the Skins at RFK in 12 years. The Skins were defending SB champions & the Cardinals were 1-4. Mom was in everyone’s face before the game predicting a Cardinal win. Skins fans were having none of that & I had to intervene a couple of times. My poor wife is a Skins fan, and her family had season tickets. That’s how we were there. My wife was petrified. Cardinals won 19-16 in OT. All of us, including the Skins fans, were in shock. My Mom strutted out of that stadium like a proud peacock.
Great story, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Reaction score
:D Good times!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson