2022 3rd round pick B is Myjai Sanders Edge

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He looks skinny on his highlight tape because I don't think he played at 245+. I think he played at more like 235 looking at him.

Maybe that's where the Cards see the value. Possible they see a 6'5" guy who can comfortably play at 255-260lb being undervalued because he played small. And considering he went from 228 to 247 between the combine and his pro day they think it won't be an issue for him to add before the season.

Also not mentioned here is he's OLD for a prospect. Will be 24 in July. Another reason I would have gone with Enagbare between the two as he's not long turned 22.

But I would have taken O line over both.
I'm liking the pick less and less. If they think they can take a guy who played at a light weight and add 30 freaking pounds and still have the same kind of athleticism, they're insane.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm liking the pick less and less. If they think they can take a guy who played at a light weight and add 30 freaking pounds and still have the same kind of athleticism, they're insane.

He doesn't have to have the same athleticism. Just plus athleticism for 255-260lbs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Harry who knows the player better then us he likes the pick

I'm not seeing it, but who knows.

I imagine you you look at these threads for past drafts you would find people complaining about the David Johnson or Budda Baker picks.

Sadly he has Billy Davis to learn from so I won't hold my breath.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He looks extremely slender and lightweight. Also, he's disengaging from college blockers.
no way he was playing in those highlights at 240 or above

his weight isnt a concern for me--

22 year olds -- especially those built with his length -- regularly put another 10-15 lbs on with an NFL meal and weight program -- although it typically takes a year

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no way he was playing in those highlights at 240 or above

his weight isnt a concern for me--

22 year olds -- especially those built with his length -- regularly put another 10-15 lbs on with an NFL meal and weight program -- although it typically takes a year

He's 24 in July.

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody remember Raynoch Thompson? Sanders seems similar and Raynoch was on the light side as well as an OLB. ;)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry, I see this as a bad pick. Later in the draft is the time for pure projects, not in the 3rd.
I don't see this as a bad pick, but more of a meh pick.

They needed some speed on the edge and brings that. With Golden, Dimukeje, and Kennard, those guys aren't exactly speed merchants.

More excited about Cam Thomas.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody remember Raynoch Thompson? Sanders seems similar and Raynoch was on the light side as well as an OLB. ;)
I remember raynoch Thompson and levar fisher lol
Just speed..in a free safety body
This guy isn't just speed, he can go straight to the lineman and he knows how to use his hands to disingage (something that our Isaiah Simmons cant do) , certainly he has to gain 8/10 lb if muscle

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see this as a bad pick, but more of a meh pick.

They needed some speed on the edge and brings that. With Golden, Dimukeje, and Kennard, those guys aren't exactly speed merchants.

More excited about Cam Thomas.
I read Sanders stats are not showing how much distruptive he was, don't forget he faced much better opponents then Thomas

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ATHLON SPORTS ranking of D-ends going into draft:
1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeaux
3. Walker
4. Ojabo
5. Karlaftis
6. Jackson
7. THOMAS (1st/2nd rd. grade)
8. Johnson
9. Enagbare
10 Hall
11 SANDERS (3rd./4th rd. grade)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10 pressures vs. Bama...

They probably drafted his just for that

"Only two edge defenders in the PFF College era (since 2014) have generated double-digit pressures against an Alabama offensive line," Anthony Treash wrote. "One of those two was Myjai Sanders in this year's Cotton Bowl. The 6-foot-5 edge defender turned in a 40.7% win rate and 10 total pressures from 27 pass-rush snaps en route to an 84.3 pass-rush grade for the game."

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They probably drafted his just for that

"Only two edge defenders in the PFF College era (since 2014) have generated double-digit pressures against an Alabama offensive line," Anthony Treash wrote. "One of those two was Myjai Sanders in this year's Cotton Bowl. The 6-foot-5 edge defender turned in a 40.7% win rate and 10 total pressures from 27 pass-rush snaps en route to an 84.3 pass-rush grade for the game."
So are you more convinced on his qualities?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA