2022 3rd round pick B is Myjai Sanders Edge

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Read that he had a stomach bug and lost weight before the combine. He was up over 240 lbs. on his pro day.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You know that thing scouts like to do where they tell you what player a prospect is like; forget It. He’s not like anyone else. He might be the first ninja pass rusher. Cincy used him wrong. He’s not a DE, he is an OLB who should be used mostly in passing downs. He just doesn’t move normally, so he’s impossible to mirror. He‘s quick and agile, often causing defenders to take a false step when lining up a block. I can envision him charging to the line just before the snap and rushing in upright. He’s got the ankle bend to cut a tight corner and knows how to use leverage to knock larger players off balance. With the right coach, this guy is a stealth weapon. He’ll drive defeponders crazy. Use him every down and he’ll wear out. Spot him and he’ll be extremely disruptive. He has a habit of jumping the snap and getting penalized. He needs discipline.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know that thing scouts like to do where they tell you what player a prospect is like; forget It. He’s not like anyone else. He might be the first ninja pass rusher. Cincy used him wrong. He’s not a DE, he is an OLB who should be used mostly in passing downs. He just doesn’t move normally, so he’s impossible to mirror. He‘s quick and agile, often causing defenders to take a false step when lining up a block. I can envision him charging to the line just before the snap and rushing in upright. He’s got the ankle bend to cut a tight corner and knows how to use leverage to knock larger players off balance. With the right coach, this guy is a stealth weapon. He’ll drive defeponders crazy. Use him every down and he’ll wear out. Spot him and he’ll be extremely disruptive. He has a habit of jumping the snap and getting penalized. He needs discipline.

Does remind u Leonard Floyd from Georgia?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok Sanders played at senior bowl at 242, due to illness at combine was 228, at pro day 247
Guess his range is 240/245 which is fine
Should have skipped the combine if that is the case. He tested poorly.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Highly disappointed in this pick. I believe he’s a huuuuge project for a 3rd rounder.

If Keim had this kid rated as his top 100 board he’s needs his head examined! Sanders was clearly drafted one round early, possibly two rounds.

Wasn’t this the pick we got back from the Ravens? If so what a blown wasted opportunity imo. There were better prospects available. Unbelievable

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Where's the beef? Sorry, but I just don't see either of these 2 guys helping improve our run D. Hopefully I am wrong. Would have much rather had a big inside hunk of lard to control the line of scrimmage and occupy 2 or 3 of our opponents inside linemen.

I really wanted us to get Hall, Winfrey, or Jones in the 2nd. No way though, turned out I was dreaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where's the beef? Sorry, but I just don't see either of these 2 guys helping improve our run D. Hopefully I am wrong. Would have much rather had a big inside hunk of lard to control the line of scrimmage and occupy 2 or 3 of our opponents inside linemen.
Agreed. Hard to see what the plan is. We get blown off the ball. Golden certainly can’t set the edge.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thomas is good against the run, Sanders not

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Highly disappointed in this pick. I believe he’s a huuuuge project for a 3rd rounder.

If Keim had this kid rated as his top 100 board he’s needs his head examined! Sanders was clearly drafted one round early, possibly two rounds.

Wasn’t this the pick we got back from the Ravens? If so what a blown wasted opportunity imo. There were better prospects available. Unbelievable
At pass rusher, a huge project is exactly what you get in the third.
You look for length, explosiveness, and bend...
This guy has those

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He has a habit of jumping the snap and getting penalized. He needs discipline.
Better line him up a yard or two off the LOS. Nothing more disgusting than one of your guys jumping off sides on 3rd and short.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh on this one. He's worth the pick but he's not going to fill an immediate need. We still probably need to bring someone in from FA.

He needs to add 10lbs or so and he's still very raw. Couldn't set an Edge if his life depended on it.

Given what was left on the board I would probably have gone with Kingsley Enagbare instead if sticking with a rusher, but Logan Bruss would have been better than both.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
2.5 sacks in 2021.
Oof, between this and his featherweight frame, this pick is no bueno. No, you aren't getting superstars in the 3rd round, but this is a project that will take a while to do anything, it seems, if he ever does anything. Even Harry, who seems to like him, sees him in a lesser role.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I read somewhere he was battling a stomach bug at the combine. May be a reason for the weight fluctuation.
I read that too. They say it might have affected his combine numbers and along with the weight loss it might push him down the draft board.

I see he says he's at 248 now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He looks extremely slender and lightweight. Also, he's disengaging from college blockers.

He looks skinny on his highlight tape because I don't think he played at 245+. I think he played at more like 235 looking at him.

Maybe that's where the Cards see the value. Possible they see a 6'5" guy who can comfortably play at 255-260lb being undervalued because he played small. And considering he went from 228 to 247 between the combine and his pro day they think it won't be an issue for him to add before the season.

Also not mentioned here is he's OLD for a prospect. Will be 24 in July. Another reason I would have gone with Enagbare between the two as he's not long turned 22.

But I would have taken O line over both.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave