2022 3rd round pick A is Cameron Thomas DE

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’s decent but has a long way to go to succeed in the NFL. He’s not strong enough to bull rush on anchor effectively. His speed is okay, but he’s not quick off the ball. His moves work in college but NFL players don’t give up the inside as easy as college guys. He looks better suited for a 4-3 than a 3-4. No cover experience. He’s a hard working kid who’s come a long way. I wouldn’t bet against him but he’s no sure thing.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I was excited about him a few months ago when i heard is numbers by the end of the season. Then I watched one of his last games and he didn't impress me. Not sure if he was just matched up to a superior than typical opponent that day, or what. He seemed to play a bit weak and didn't do much that day.

So that put me off of him and I took him off my board. I hope I am dead wrong and his numbers are indicative of his true talent and future success as a pro. That would be nice. That being said, I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was somewhat a bust playing against pro OTs.

I will still be applauding him every time he makes a good play and hoping he can duplicate it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was excited about him a few months ago when i heard is numbers by the end of the season. Then I watched one of his last games and he didn't impress me. Not sure if he was just matched up to a superior than typical opponent that day, or what. He seemed to play a bit weak and didn't do much that day.

So that put me off of him and I took him off my board. I hope I am dead wrong and his numbers are indicative of his true talent and future success as a pro. That would be nice. That being said, I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was somewhat a bust playing against pro OTs.

I will still be applauding him every time he makes a good play and hoping he can duplicate it.
Solid questions and doubts
Didn't face also many NFL type of player through his career
Guess Sanders will be more ready to contribute

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think Thomas was drafted to play 3T in a 3 man front with the option to more to 5T in a 4. Which is what he did for SDSU.

Basically Zach Allen 2.0 but more talented. Thomas has really good technique and is smart. I'm guessing this means Zach Allen doesn't get extended next year.

Thomas isn't going to play 7/9T at OLB. He doesn't have the bend or speed.

This is a good watch

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose