The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Peace out Bucks
That's kind of a bummer. Middleton seems like a good guy and he was huge in the Finals. Obviously Antetokounmpo did his thing, but Middleton ended up being the difference-maker.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul will be known as mr perfect for now on lol

I can't believe that last shot went in, how does it hit the front of the rim, seemingly at a bad angle, then bounce over and in... must have had some serious spin.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-
Peace out Bucks

I might look stupid later, but I can still see the Bucks winning. Horford can't defend Giannis, neither can Theis or Williams, Giannis is about as an ideal defender for Tatum as can be imagined. They're going to have to invent some sort of swarming defense every time Giannis gets into the paint.

That serious is going to be a scrum.

Marcus Smart against Grayson Allen should be... interesting. In fact... can any of the gamblers here find me odds on Grayson Allen getting ejected from a game? I have no doubt that Smart is going to drive him insane.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might look stupid later, but I can still see the Bucks winning. Horford can't defend Giannis, neither can Theis or Williams, Giannis is about as an ideal defender for Tatum as can be imagined. They're going to have to invent some sort of swarming defense every time Giannis gets into the paint.

That serious is going to be a scrum.

Marcus Smart against Grayson Allen should be... interesting. In fact... can any of the gamblers here find me odds on Grayson Allen getting ejected from a game? I have no doubt that Smart is going to drive him insane.

If Middleton was healthy I'd bet on Milwaukee taking the series. They match up against Boston really well. Without Middleton, it's a toss up. I'd like the Bucks chances more if they didn't win the title last year. They've been coasting a bit this year and they'll need to be hungry to beat the Celtics short handed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bogdanovic got just about as clean a look as you can get, just bricked it.

I actually feel sorry for Bojan Bogdanovich. That was such a good look.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Zion saying he wants to stay in NO and would absolutely sign an extension if offered. I'm guessing they cut bait and trade him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for Bojan Bogdanovich. That was such a good look.

Yeah, that hurts. I had almost an identical look in Jr High playoffs and bricked it just like he did. Even watching that makes a ton of feelings surface from 20+ years ago.

Poor guy, I feel his pain.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion saying he wants to stay in NO and would absolutely sign an extension if offered. I'm guessing they cut bait and trade him.
I think it completely depends on his commitment to get in shape this summer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry. It would be smart to trade Zion away and build around Ingram.

All good. Like Steve said, I thought that was what you were saying but wasn't sure.

I'd be curious to know why someone would lean towards keeping him. His trade value will be best this off-season. Sure, he might recover and be dominant but I don't think they need a player like him to take their team to the next level.

I don't know who they could get in return but I've heard New York as a potential landing spot for him. If New Orleans could somehow talk them out of RJ Barrett and Obi Toppin for Zion then they'll be in great shape. I think a playmaking wing like Barrett would take pressure off McCollum and Ingram and Toppin could be a solid PF/C for years to come.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All good. Like Steve said, I thought that was what you were saying but wasn't sure.

I'd be curious to know why someone would lean towards keeping him. His trade value will be best this off-season. Sure, he might recover and be dominant but I don't think they need a player like him to take their team to the next level.

I don't know who they could get in return but I've heard New York as a potential landing spot for him. If New Orleans could somehow talk them out of RJ Barrett and Obi Toppin for Zion then they'll be in great shape. I think a playmaking wing like Barrett would take pressure off McCollum and Ingram and Toppin could be a solid PF/C for years to come.
Zion still has all world potential but the probability of him getting there is quite small so I'm not sure how much trade value he has. If you can't get more than a pick or two, it might be worth keeping him with the hope of getting a half season of stellar play out of him and then revisiting the possibility of trade.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Minnesota chokes another lead. Is there a more worthless all-star than KAT? Confident in saying that this team wouldn’t miss him if he was out

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
God Minnesota knows how to choke...atleast they get to hang their play in banner lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I give Zion the Ayton treatment this offseason. Have him prove he can stay healthy and if he can, re-sign him or match the offer sheet in RFA. So far, nothing shows me that he’s capable of playing a full season at his weight and with the gait issues

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My lord… Minnesota is easily the dumbest/most immature playoff team I’ve ever seen.

MEMPHIS V. GS should be fun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave