Day 2 of the 2022 NFL Draft

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Day 1 - I like the trade for Hollywood. We would have missed out on just about every player except for Jermaine Johnson at #23. Hollywood adds a dimension we needed and for reasonable money over the next two years.

Day 2 - We have some obvious holes - here a few of the players I like/positions I hope we fill.

RB - James Cook
OG - Dylan Parham or Darian Kinnard
DT - Travis Jones
CB - Roger McCreary
Edge - several guys that are still available/interesting

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still so much this team can do in FA.

They can extend Hump. They can restructure Hopkins and Budda. They have 10m to come from the Philips cut.

I still think smart to draft and then fill remaking holes in FA so we don't have to force picks.

Clowney, Flowers, Ingram and Houston available. Richardson, Hicks, Suh, Ogunjobi on DL. Fuller, Alford, Verrett, Callahan, Rhodes at CB. Lots of talent still out there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Still so much this team can do in FA.

They can extend Hump. They can restructure Hopkins and Budda. They have 10m to come from the Philips cut.

I still think smart to draft and then fill remaking holes in FA so we don't have to force picks.

Clowney, Flowers, Ingram and Houston available. Richardson, Hicks, Suh, Ogunjobi on DL. Fuller, Alford, Verrett, Callahan, Rhodes at CB. Lots of talent still out there.
Yep. There is actually a road to being BETTER than early last season. Improvement of players on the roster, add a key free agent or two, and draft one more immediate starter.

You know what's going to be funny is to see the plate of crow being served if this does happen LOL.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep. There is actually a road to being BETTER than early last season. Improvement of players on the roster, add a key free agent or two, and draft one more immediate starter.

You know what's going to be funny is to see the plate of crow being served if this does happen LOL.
What's going to be funny is ignoring smarmy posters and posts demanding or laughing about crow eating, thus ruining board harmony while the team is winning. For all yinz talk about darksiders reveling in misery, yinz sure can't wait to go the immature neener neener route.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What's going to be funny is ignoring smarmy posters and posts demanding or laughing about crow eating, thus ruining board harmony while the team is winning. For all yinz talk about darksiders reveling in misery, yinz sure can't wait to go the immature neener neener route.
Bro every time ANYONE says ANYTHING positive, the darkside crew comes out in swarms and attacks the post.

I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

So imagine last offseason, when we watched all offseason to include training camp the darkside crew do this crap...just imagine how people feel when this is the situation?

And you and others do the "woe is me and I'm persecuted routine".

Some people are worse than others at this and I'm not going to point fingers at individuals because that would be a pretty nasty thing to do. But you have to admit that...if you used a little empathy here, you'd understand that people get annoyed watching people who swarmed them for even perceived positive takes for 8 months, all of a sudden act persecuted when they are called out for it.

Personally I try not to get too excited. Last year I predicted a pretty wide range of outcomes because I DON'T HAVE CONFIDENCE LOL. I feel similarly right now, but I do see a path to an 11+ win season right now and it's not too far fetched.

To be perfectly honest I look at all of you as virtual friends/familyish people. I spare with certain posters, but at the end of the day, Id take the shirt off my back and give it to almost everyone in this community. I've derived literally 1000's of hours of enjoyment from this forum and hope to continue for 1000's more.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are bigger problems than infighting, haha... There are 1st world problems. Here in Mexico, the only option for watching is NFL channel. All the ESPN and other sports channels are in Spanish and all they show is soccer and Formula 1. Life's a ******.

Go Cards!

Stout

Reaction score
Bro every time ANYONE says ANYTHING positive, the darkside crew comes out in swarms and attacks the post.

I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

So imagine last offseason, when we watched all offseason to include training camp the darkside crew do this crap...just imagine how people feel when this is the situation?

And you and others do the "woe is me and I'm persecuted routine".

Some people are worse than others at this and I'm not going to point fingers at individuals because that would be a pretty nasty thing to do. But you have to admit that...if you used a little empathy here, you'd understand that people get annoyed watching people who swarmed them for even perceived positive takes for 8 months, all of a sudden act persecuted when they are called out for it.

Personally I try not to get too excited. Last year I predicted a pretty wide range of outcomes because I DON'T HAVE CONFIDENCE LOL. I feel similarly right now, but I do see a path to an 11+ win season right now and it's not too far fetched.

To be perfectly honest I look at all of you as virtual friends/familyish people. I spare with certain posters, but at the end of the day, Id take the shirt off my back and give it to almost everyone in this community. I've derived literally 1000's of hours of enjoyment from this forum and hope to continue for 1000's more.
Agree 1000 percent with this.

As for the rest, you conveniently forget when I and other darksiders went INSANELY KOOL-AIDER through the first 1/3 to 2/3 of the season. Like, I was eating crow left and right, predicting blowout wins, and just absolutely loving life, because my favorite team was winning and it looked like we had our QBOF and were going to contend for a Super Bowl. When the season went to hell, I and other darksiders reacted appropriately. So please tell me how we were "coming out in swarms and attacking the posts?"

This offseason we've gotten a ton of "relax, it was ALL INJURIES and we're already better than last year" blah blah blah BS, with the "chicken little, bro" and "bro, we'll get all the late FA impact starters" BS. We're too smart to swallow that. There's a lot of HOPE from you and others that we'll get better, but as of now, we are worse than the team that melted down last year, after having a good start to the season.

Oh, and we were expected to eat crow but if we said one tiny thing about being right once the meltdown began, the blow back was instant and furious. Like, you're allowed to come at us but we have to shut up when we're proven right. Then it spawns the "they just like to be bad" BS, which the top end of my post has already shown to be fraudulent.

You see where my frustration comes from?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Stout I almost didn't recognize you the 1st three quarters of last season. You ate so much crow I'm surprised you didn't grow tail feathers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

As for the rest, you conveniently forget when I and other darksiders went INSANELY KOOL-AIDER through the first 1/3 to 2/3 of the season. Like, I was eating crow left and right, predicting blowout wins, and just absolutely loving life, because my favorite team was winning and it looked like we had our QBOF and were going to contend for a Super Bowl. When the season went to hell, I and other darksiders reacted appropriately. So please tell me how we were "coming out in swarms and attacking the posts?"
Are you serious? Look at a sampling of posts all offseason. Anytime anyone says anything remotely positive, the Darksiders swarm them.
This offseason we've gotten a ton of "relax, it was ALL INJURIES and we're already better than last year" blah blah blah BS, with the "chicken little, bro" and "bro, we'll get all the late FA impact starters" BS. We're too smart to swallow that.
Right...you guys don't want to look at objective facts. Injuries were a major concern down the stretch as were other facts that have been covered as nauseam. You're clearly simplifying (in my opinion) to make the arguments look sillier.

What's ironic is that this exact same arguments happened LAST OFFSEASON. Almost to a tee. All I ever have said this off-season is that: Yes there are holes still after the first wave of free agency, but wait until TC to freak out about it because 1) there is the draft 2) there is the post draft free agency.

There's a lot of HOPE from you and others that we'll get better, but as of now, we are worse than the team that melted down last year, after having a good start to the season.
That is patently false. The team that melted down was missing many key pieces that if they played today, would be healthy.
Oh, and we were expected to eat crow but if we said one tiny thing about being right once the meltdown began, the blow back was instant and furious.
It literally goes both ways...but you don't see the non-Darksiders crying foul, claiming persecution.
Like, you're allowed to come at us but we have to shut up when we're proven right.
People are going to react that way when they are swarmed with 4-5 posters that attack every positive take. To be fair though, not every positive take, but the overall negativity gets pretty tiring, and when those negative takes are proven wrong, it's human nature to want to see some comeuppance.
Then it spawns the "they just like to be bad" BS, which the top end of my post has already shown to be fraudulent.

This I don't agree with. None of you guys want the Cardinals to be bad. I think that's a really lazy argument.

I think you guys are battered fans who are biased to negativity.

The facts are: The Cardinals went 11-5 last year. They had a (near) top ten offense and defense.

They were 22nd in injuries, meaning they were in the bottom ten most injured teams.

That's not a bad football team. And to just assume losing a few players will make them a bad football is not a solid football take.

Stout

Reaction score
@Stout I almost didn't recognize you the 1st three quarters of last season. You ate so much crow I'm surprised you didn't grow tail feathers.
You just have to revel in the victories when your team is on that kind of a roll, right? It's few and far between with our beloved Cards.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Stout definitely did and that's not my point here.

I think my point is that he's not learning from last offseason where the darkside did the exact same thing.

Stout

Reaction score
Are you serious? Look at a sampling of posts all offseason. Anytime anyone says anything remotely positive, the Darksiders swarm them.

Right...you guys don't want to look at objective facts. Injuries were a major concern down the stretch as were other facts that have been covered as nauseam. You're clearly simplifying (in my opinion) to make the arguments look sillier.

What's ironic is that this exact same arguments happened LAST OFFSEASON. Almost to a tee. All I ever have said this off-season is that: Yes there are holes still after the first wave of free agency, but wait until TC to freak out about it because 1) there is the draft 2) there is the post draft free agency.

That is patently false. The team that melted down was missing many key pieces that if they played today, would be healthy.

It literally goes both ways...but you don't see the non-Darksiders crying foul, claiming persecution.

People are going to react that way when they are swarmed with 4-5 posters that attack every positive take. To be fair though, not every positive take, but the overall negativity gets pretty tiring, and when those negative takes are proven wrong, it's human nature to want to see some comeuppance.

This I don't agree with. None of you guys want the Cardinals to be bad. I think that's a really lazy argument.

I think you guys are battered fans who are biased to negativity.

The facts are: The Cardinals went 11-5 last year. They had a (near) top ten offense and defense.

They were 22nd in injuries, meaning they were in the bottom ten most injured teams.

That's not a bad football team. And to just assume losing a few players will make them a bad football is not a solid football take.
We are not going to agree here, but that's okay. I'm enjoying the draft so far, so I'm just going to let it go. Pax.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This offseason we've gotten a ton of "relax, it was ALL INJURIES and we're already better than last year" blah blah blah BS, with the "chicken little, bro" and "bro, we'll get all the late FA impact starters" BS. We're too smart to swallow that. There's a lot of HOPE from you and others that we'll get better, but as of now, we are worse than the team that melted down last year, after having a good start to the season.

Oh, and we were expected to eat crow but if we said one tiny thing about being right once the meltdown began, the blow back was instant and furious. Like, you're allowed to come at us but we have to shut up when we're proven right. Then it spawns the "they just like to be bad" BS, which the top end of my post has already shown to be fraudulent.

The problem is most darksiders deal with TODAY, recent history and trends. Most koolaiders deal with hope , conjecture, maybes and ifs.

I’ve been on both sides of the fence. When we signed Bradford and Wilks I went heavy darkside.

When we hired Kliff and drafted Murray I jumped on the sunshine wagon.

We’ll the wagon is still on 4 wheels but the glitter has worn off a little. The confidence in the front office, Kliff and Kyler has dwindled. I don’t think the front office has done enough to get better.

But here’s the thing. If the addition of players drafted and additional free agents are added to MY liking I will walk to the light. I will cook up and serve my own crow WAY before anybody puts it on my plate.

I refuse to follow blindly the trail to the bucket of gold until I see reason too.