Keep Swinging For Those Wideouts, Keim

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown played through injuries, which shows he's tough and will gut it out. From fantasy, I seem to remember a lot of questionable weeks which would be cleared by gametime.

Here's an injury history for marquise brown, but I think they only log missed time. (It's really not that bad)

Hopefully, he doesn't get dinged up and have anything linger. But you can say that about anyone.
In that link you provided, they have a projection of 3 missed games this upcoming season. I’m guessing he’ll miss time

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I like what we have on our roster.

Hopkins
Brown
Wesley
Green
Moore

Ertz
Williams

That’s not just “bodies”. That’s legit depth.
I like that we aren't counting on Rondale Moore to be a significant starter and that AJ Green has been marginalized. Counting on those two to be top-end contributors would have been disastrous.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like that we aren't counting on Rondale Moore to be a significant starter and that AJ Green has been marginalized. Counting on those two to be top-end contributors would have been disastrous.
I know you're not fond of Moore but I'm telling you he's legit, just needs a chance. He excels at YAC cause he can flat out make defenders miss. KK said before the draft they're gonna teach Moore the whole route tree this year, that's exactly what they should've done last year. He is lightning fast also. Yes I'm biased cause he's from Louisville but that's how I know just how talented he is, I've watched him since high school. He needs to play the slot, Brown can play inside or outside, Green can play in certain packages on the outside once Moore learns the routes from the slot but Brown should be on the outside, regardless of his height. If Moore is given the chance I feel he deserves from the slot & fails, I'll gladly eat my words, but that's a decision for KK. The more I think about it as I type, the more I'm thinking that Rondale will only see gadget plays once again? KK will put Brown in the slot & Green on the outside. Gadget plays & maybe in 10 personnel will be the only way Rondale sees the field, or if someone gets hurt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hope Moore gets more time that Green. There's no reason there can'e use a package with Moore in the slot and Brown outside.

I have faith in Moore, and I want his speed on the field at the same time as Browns.

AJ Green is on a cheap one year deal, everyone else is here long term. Green should be WR4.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Moore gets more time that Green. There's no reason there can'e use a package with Moore in the slot and Brown outside.

I have faith in Moore, and I want his speed on the field at the same time as Browns.

AJ Green is on a cheap one year deal, everyone else is here long term. Green should be WR4.
You're thinking just like me on this brother. Moore runs like a 4.3 & Brown about the same. What Green does do well is use his height & body to shield defenders which can be useful but he doesn't have their speed.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Issue here is that at some point, Kyler has to be able to augment the production of his receivers without needing all of this talent. Russ, Brady and A-Rodg have been doing this for ages

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Issue here is that at some point, Kyler has to be able to augment the production of his receivers without needing all of this talent. Russ, Brady and A-Rodg have been doing this for ages
Russ? He's had some good WRs, and before that, had an elite running game and defense.

And now you're comparing Murray to maybe two of the 5 best QBs in NFL history.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Russ? He's had some good WRs, and before that, had an elite running game and defense.

And now you're comparing Murray to maybe two of the 5 best QBs in NFL history.

I just think that a QB with Kyler’s potential shouldn’t need a ton of top-tier WRs, and should be able to increase the production of his stable. Russ took average guys like Baldwin and Lockett and made them excellent pass catchers. Even DK exceeded expectations

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just think that a QB with Kyler’s potential shouldn’t need a ton of top-tier WRs, and should be able to increase the production of his stable. Russ took average guys like Baldwin and Lockett and made them excellent pass catchers. Even DK exceeded expectations
He should -- eventually. It's only the start of Year 4.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
See @kerouac9 post.

I think Murray will get there eventually.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And Rodgers has always had an elite OL + elite/good WRs with Adams, Jordy, Cobb, Driver, & Jennings.

Fans gotta stop with this fairy-tale mindset that even the elite QBs are dragging pedestrian QBs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And Rodgers has always had an elite OL + elite/good WRs with Adams, Jordy, Cobb, Driver, & Jennings.

Fans gotta stop with this fairy-tale mindset that even the elite QBs are dragging pedestrian QBs.
Brady is the outlier for the most part, but the system worked up there in New England.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brady is the outlier for the most part, but the system worked up there in New England.
And I can’t even say a full outlier considering he had one of the most dominant players to ever play the game in Gronk.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I forgot how these guys all went on to have very productive careers outside of Green Bay.

Jury's out on Adams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Once they were used up, sure, they weren't good.
I dunno, Randall Cobb and Greg Jennings left Green Bay at 29 and immediately fell into the garbage can. It's really difficult to confirm that those guys were awesome independent of Rodgers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dunno, Randall Cobb and Greg Jennings left Green Bay at 29 and immediately fell into the garbage can. It's really difficult to confirm that those guys were awesome independent of Rodgers.
They didn't exactly look as good running routes though. It's pretty damn hard to tell either way, but receivers tend to fall off around 30.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree with this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I forgot how these guys all went on to have very productive careers outside of Green Bay.

Jury's out on Adams.
Yeah this might be a chicken or egg scenario. Were these guys studs or did Rodgers make them studs? How high were they drafted? How productive were they in college and what were expectations for them coming out?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Once they were used up, sure, they weren't good.
Hmm…

Jordy Nelson was just two seasons removed from one of his best seasons ever before going to the raiders and being mediocre to poor and then done.

Cobb was okay for a year in Dallas and then stunk.

Jennings was relatively young and really dropped off after GB.

James jones’ average of 14 yards per catch dipped to 9 yards per catch with his lone season with the raiders and then rebounded to 17 yards per the catch the lone season he returned to GB.

Most of them weren’t highly acclaimed coming into the league. But most were on downside when the departed GB as well.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hmm…

Jordy Nelson was just two seasons removed from one of his best seasons ever before going to the raiders and being mediocre to poor and then done.

Cobb was okay for a year in Dallas and then stunk.

Jennings was relatively young and really dropped off after GB.

James jones’ average of 14 yards per catch dipped to 9 yards per catch with his lone season with the raiders and then rebounded to 17 yards per the catch the lone season he returned to GB.
Who knows really.

I don't think Jordy Nelson was a crap player that Rodgers made. He was a legitimately good WR who looked different when he left.

Then again, Randy Moss looked like doo doo when he was with the Raiders as well...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who knows really.

I don't think Jordy Nelson was a crap player that Rodgers made. He was a legitimately good WR who looked different when he left.

Then again, Randy Moss looked like doo doo when he was with the Raiders as well...
Jordy was picked 36th so there were some expectations that he could develop into what he did.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson