Preferred 2nd Round Opponent, Mavs or Jazz?

Who do you want in round 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that the Pelicans are behind us, finally, who do you want to see in round 2? Luka and the Mavericks or the Gobert Jazz. Donovan Mitchell is hobbled and I don't know if he'll play, which makes Utah even worse offensively. Mitchell will play in game 6 of round 1 but has quad issues.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Not worried about Dallas at all. Would only be slightly worried about Utah if they are at full strength, which it doesn't appear they will be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough to pick between because I think we beat either without making any of us too crazy.

I’d say Mavs though. Ayton will be geeked up all series with the Luka Ayton talk and if he’s totally dialed in and Book is healthy, we’ll destroy that team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tough to pick between because I think we beat either without making any of us too crazy.

I’d say Mavs though. Ayton will be geeked up all series with the Luka Ayton talk and if he’s totally dialed in and Book is healthy, we’ll destroy that team.
Yep. 100%

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if we go crazy next 4 games and do it in 4 no matter who...but I want Dallas

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz tonight but don’t care after that.
Exactly. My only preference now is a game 7. Throw in some OTs as well .

How much does it really matter which team survives?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Jazz have no team chemistry and the Mavs have like 1.5 good players. Both are DOA next series

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think we shouldn’t have much problem with either, but I prefer Dallas.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Don't really care. Should be able to demolish either of them in four games, but Utah is particularly terrible, and if I remember correctly, their best player got hurt in the last game, so there is that. On the other hand, Suns seem to match up really well with Dallas, and it would be nice to beat Luka's ass. I love the kid- easily my favorite non-Sun in the league, but it would be sweet to watch the Suns destroy him in four games by an average of 20 points.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's fairly even IMO. The Mavs are the better team, but we match up better against them.

I would also point out that the Mavs might make for a better warm-up for GS, assuming that is the team we would see in the next round.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Suns have more talent and better coaching than the Mavs. Should be 5-6 game series

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's officially the Mavericks. They beat Utah 98-96 in game 6 to win 4-2.

I didn't want to do this poll early because the Pelicans were brutal. I knew we'd take the series but I feared a game 7. This next series will be easier. No Valencunius. No Center really for the Mavs. They got a little size in Dwight Powell and Maxi Klieber but they're backups, at best. Ayton should average 20 & 15 against them, especially if he stays motivated with the media talking Doncic vs Ayton because of their draft positioning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 days of rest/recovery for CP3 and Booker (and my heart)? Perfecto!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's officially the Mavericks. They beat Utah 98-96 in game 6 to win 4-2.

I didn't want to do this poll early because the Pelicans were brutal. I knew we'd take the series but I feared a game 7. This next series will be easier. No Valencunius. No Center really for the Mavs. They got a little size in Dwight Powell and Maxi Klieber but they're backups, at best. Ayton should average 20 & 15 against them, especially if he stays motivated with the media talking Doncic vs Ayton because of their draft positioning.

I think the Pelicans prepared the Suns well for the series with Dallas. They were one gritty and talented team.

They also shot extremely well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the Pelicans prepared the Suns well for the series with Dallas. They were one gritty and talented team.

They also shot extremely well.
I was just thinking that the Pels, as tough as they were, got us into deep playoff mode. Had to really dig in that series. Even if mavs seem easier we are ready to battle now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose