Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I love this trade. Always thought this draft was deep with little separation from the mid first round to the 4th. Got a guy that is going to open up the field and give everyone else more space to work.

When you add the third it makes it a home run. We needed a WR and we got one. WR room is probably the best its been since Fitz, Bolden and Breaston in 2008. Now we can attack both sides of the line of scrimmage tomorrow with 3 picks.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steve Smith destroying Hollywood Brown on NFL Network. Said he's too weak against the press and expects the corners in the NFC West to bully him. ouch.
Steve Smith is a d-bag, always has been. And when has he ever been right about anything. Like never. How he still has a job is a joke.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok Im done being a negative nancy. Hope he crushes it.

@Chopper0080 However, if Linderbaum becomes an all pro C then It'll be so Keim and so Cardinals for passing up 2 future all pro centers because of old man Rodney Hudson (Creed Humphrey and Linderbaum)
@Chopper0080 Man
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok Im done being a negative nancy. Hope he crushes it.

@Chopper0080 However, if Linderbaum becomes an all pro C then It'll be so Keim and so Cardinals for passing up 2 future all pro centers because of old man Rodney Hudson (Creed Humphrey and Linderbaum)
I agree that the Cardinals have underdrafted on the offensive line. That said, we really needed speed on offense and Brown brings that as well as having chemistry with Murray and was significantly better than any WR left on the board.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched highlights dude is electric quick good on reverses also

Lookin for to him in cards red with old college new nfl teamate murray magic :)

Just dont do anytbing stupid bef season lol....

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that the Cardinals have underdrafted on the offensive line. That said, we really needed speed on offense and Brown brings that as well as having chemistry with Murray and was significantly better than any WR left on the board.
Different kinda players and different kinda speed. However, I would have liked to use our 2nd round pick on Alec Pierce.

Oh well. Hoping for the best.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He's still gonna love throwing to Hopkins to get the first. Brown's gonna be the guy when Kyler decides its time for a 40 yard gain.
Also, Brown dictates a different defensive coverage with his speed. Hopkins and Ertz should have a lot more space to operate with. Another interesting concept is flaring Moore outside underneath a Brown vertical route and an Ertz seam up the middle. It changes a lot. All with Hopkins on the other side.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It appears we have a hung jury in the Hollywood Brown trial. I think we all need to reserve judgement on him for one season. We really don't know what he is capable of in a system like the Cards have. He could turn out to be a Tyreek Hill type player with us. He has to love this trade, I would think. I personally felt he was wasting away where he was.

He could be just what we needed. Or be another WR that is soon forgotten in AZ. He has experience now, is probably even faster than when he came out of college, and being familiar with Murray might be all he needs to shine.

I think it will all come down to KK. I do think our team is a bit better than it was yesterday at this time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is a really smart trade and most know I am critical of Keim. So many reasons this fits. Added speed to a very slow offense. Cost controlled for two years. If he hits, you are paying him over an older Hopkins anyways. Connection with Murray which is important as we have seen that isn't a given. Veteran so he is a known commodity. Buy low coming from a run first offense with an inaccurate QB. Played outside with Baltimore so that fits a need. Complements the existing offensive weapons. Board was going bad very quickly and was a big risk staying put.

An aggressive move and I generally like an aggressive approach. Still holes to fill but that was going to be the case reagrdless and now we have an extra pick. I like offensive linemen but there should still be options.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, there’s no way we could afford AJ Brown, I wanted Allen Robinson. He’s going to be a monster this year.

I just envision Kliff saying “NOW WE CAN HAVE BUBBLE SCREENS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!”. and that’s the extent of Moore/Brown next year.
Allen Robinson is almost 30. Do you know how many receivers have been productive past 30? And how many with the significant injury histories of Allen Robinson?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really like Linderbaum but his inability to play OG really limited his impact this year and we need to progress.
Yep that was my problem with Linderbaum once I looked into him further. He'd likely really struggle at guard.

I posted an article last year about how many centers are busts in the NFL over the past decade. It was a crazy high percentage. Bradbury from the Vikings is the typical case study for center busts.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year Brown was the #1 threat on a run first team with a QB that just isn't great at the deep ball. Now Brown is #2 and he already has great chemistry with our QB. He didn't have drop problems when Kyler was throwing to him. You think he's gonna put up 750 yards? Washed up AJ Green put up 848 yards last year on the outside. He had no real break away speed and it was painfully clear that he wasn't always on the same page as Kyler. Brown is gonna top that easy. Brown can really take the top off a defense and you know Kyler loves to go for the deep shot.

And if all the guys Baltimore was targeting were gone at that point? It's a gamble that could have backfired or could have payed off, but if you want the guy than you have to be willing to lose a little value to make sure it happens.
Make sense, guess I was not that fond of trading out a 1st for Hollywood Brown itself.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ya because LA and Cinci just got completely stacked on the OL and WR/TE options in draft and FA. Kyler should never get even just 1 piece this off season to make the team better while getting rid of the second most target WR on the team. I’m following you but not really… compare please
The Rams have Kupp, a frequently injured 29 year old Robinson....and Van Jefferson who has only been ok.