Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I can't fathom what people are mad about here. He is a nuclear deep threat that immediately makes our offense better. Now go oline round 2
poor man’s DeSean Jackson. Inconsistent, unreliable, and he’s 5’9 and fills the same role as Rondale Moore. I gave up on getting a WR at 23 but at least we could have tried for oline, edge or cb.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Keim has done one hell of a lot better trading for vets than he has done drafting. So, i am actually ok with this trade. Brown is a PROVEN player. The worst thing would be to whiff on an impact player in the first round.

And, getting a top 100 pick in addition may work out if we get lucky on a pick for once.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus they just paid him 25M a year.

I think the Marquise trade a bit better knowing that.
Of course I went to the bathroom when the trade was announced. That was the Cards equivalent of ESPN going to commercial on the Cards pick.

I didn't realize we got a 3rd back.

1st for Hollywood and a 3rd isn't bad at all. I'm warming up to it actually.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
First trade keim got fleeced.
At least get back a 2nd...damn.

Kid has mental health issues and we only have like three days to decide whether or not we pick up his fifth year option....we pick it up and that 20mil becomes guaranteed right? ..... without knowing how he plays for us....or if he can keep his mental health under control.

Not a worst case scenario....but could turn into one.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't fathom what people are mad about here. He is a nuclear deep threat that immediately makes our offense better. Now go oline round 2

Only problem is we never send guys deep. You drafted Isabella you drafted Moore both undersized speed guys like Brown and we never send them deep we throw it to Moore a yard behind the line of scrimmage

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If Johnson is still there at 23, I’ll feel a little bummed. If he’s gone, every player I would have felt good about would be gone.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We traded our first round pick for him. He’s the #2. The problem is he’s not exceptional at anything. He’s the product of being the best receiver in a bad situation in Baltimore. Lucky for him he’s a #2 in Arizona. I’d rather have a rookie and have control for at least 4 years rather than 2 and have to pay him after.
We’ll have to pay him after this year or he’ll walk after ‘23.