Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nance has EIGHT REBOUNDS against Ayton. I don’t want to hear Jack squat about him playing on the perimeter. He just does not consistently box anyone out.

Oh Ayton is responsible for Nance also. So Ayton has to check Jonas(4) and Nance.

Huh interesting

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Book lied to the training staff.
This was such a predictably stupid mistake.

I just hope it doesn’t have a trickle down effect where he looks like this again in a possible Game 7 when he could have used the next couple days to continue to get right… instead of now recovering after his first game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or about jonas’ size or age, neither of which nance possesses over Ayton. This is called a pattern. The constant? Ayton not keeping his man off the boards. And he ain’t defending in the perimeter on these tip ins either. Just like he wasn’t with all of valencunius’ tip ins in and offensive boards in all the previous games. Someone needs to wake him the F up.
Almost as if there was a reason we didn't max extend him last summer...hmmm

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We’ll disagree on the other games. But in reality what you’re seeing is the reality of his inability to keep anyone in this series off the boards.
He simply isn’t a naturally gifted rebounder. No instincts…. No passion… He’s literally just lollygagging and day-dreaming while Nance and whoever are busting their arses and schooling him. He should feel incredibly embarrassed, but I’m sure he doesn’t.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team doesn’t deserve a championship at all

Close out game and you can’t out settling for 3s and long jump shots. They haven’t looked hungry in a long ass time. They 100% deserve to lose.

The Pelicans just want it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges needs to be aggressive. Don’t defer to Booker when in there. Do your thing. They need to get into the paint. Need to stop these second chance points. If the Suns lose the 3rd quarter hello game 7. This 3rd quarter is now critical.
It’s more than that. He’s missed two layups too. Bridges is kinda outta sorts tonight. Ineffective defensively too.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ayton has an unfortunate habit of dropping into cruise control when the momentum is against the Suns. I don't think he is ever going to be a "spark" guy. Part of it being that he is a reactive player rather than an instinctive one... like he almost has to think about what he is doing before he does it. It makes him play about a beat slower than he should.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even the radio announcers are calling to sit booker if he can’t be 100%

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He simply isn’t a naturally gifted rebounder. No instincts…. No passion… He’s literally just lollygagging and day-dreaming while Nance and whoever are busting their arses and schooling him. He should feel incredibly embarrassed, but I’m sure he doesn’t.
Sad thing is... I just think he's confused. I'd be more assured if it was just pure laziness. I think it's both...which sucks. But his confusion seems more of the concern at this point.

But it's true..nothing about him is instinctual. He's pure mechanical like a robot. Those players drive me nuts, if they aren't Tim Duncan or something. Lol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder gets the floater plus 1. Challenged.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crowder smartly goes for the 10 foot floater. Which more like his range.

Pels challenge is gone.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And Book not starting now.

So f’n stupid to play him tonight.
My hunch is Monty caved… Book persisted and got his way.
As the second half started they showed Book on the bench, shaking his head with a pizzed off look on his face.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s an effort/motor thing that drives so many of us nuts. Reboubding is a GRIND. You’ve got to force contact to get space to rebound. He just doesn’t have that in him Most of the time. It’s also one of the reasons he only shoots 2 FT per game. He shies away from contact.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much complaining about Ayton but him and Paul are the only ones who bothered to even show up

Booker 2 points 1/4
Payne 3 points 1/4
McGee 2 points 0/1
Crowder lol
Cam Johnson 5 points 1/2

Bridges looks off.

Monty just has me yelling at the TV

Just a disaster so far

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members