Suns @ Pelicans Thursday Playoff game thread 4-28-2022 - Game 6

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Willie Green thought Devin Booker would be back sooner than originally anticipated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Willie Green thought Devin Booker would be back sooner than originally anticipated.

So did Woj. From the start he said Booker is not out for the series and then said he was out for Game 4 and 5 leaving it open to 6 and 7. I am still looking for that specific Tweet I read as well.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There will be a limit on Devin Booker's minutes.

Heck fin yea welcom back mr book please stay healthy :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did Woj. From the start he said Booker is not out for the series and then said he was out for Game 4 and 5 leaving it open to 6 and 7. I am still looking for that specific Tweet I read as well.

Come on. Let's hear some cheers for Flex.
:cheers:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the right move by Monty. I think even though Book wanted to comeback in Game 5, Monty has an obligation to protect booker from himself. I wonder if he will bring him off the bench like GS did with Curry.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My exact thoughts. His source is a trainer
Likely. It's not direct though (team doc). He didn't get Booker's medical clearance date right last time and was proven wrong on National TV when they announced Booker wasn't cleared yet. My guess is on that instance, someone told him they were going to seek clearance from the NBA front office and he guessed. He just guessed the wrong date.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would err on the side of caution here too.
That's why I brought up what GS did with Steph. They brought him off the bench to take pressure off of guarding the other team's starters out of the gate and limit his minutes. I wonder if we do the same?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be a limit on Devin Booker's minutes.

This is stupid. If he’s limited he’s not ready to play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely. It's not direct though (team doc). He didn't get Booker's medical clearance date right last time and was proven wrong on National TV when they announced Booker wasn't cleared yet. My guess is on that instance, someone told him they were going to seek clearance from the NBA front office and he guessed. He just guessed the wrong date.

Flex got it right when he said Booker would play in Miami.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is stupid. If he’s limited he’s not ready to play.
Not necessarily. I think it's Monty's way of protecting Devin from himself in case he is pushing himself too hard or not being completely honest about his capabilities. They reported today that if Devin had his way he would have been back in Game 5. The Suns shut him down.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex got it right when he said Booker would play in Miami.
Flex announced Devin had cleared protocols and that wasn't the case. That same night he was out they announce he had not. That's what I am referring to. He in fact had not cleared protocols yet and they announced it pre-game. Again my guess is that he was told the Suns would be asking the NBA front office to clear him (they are the only ones that can) and he jumped the gun guessing it would be that day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I brought up what GS did with Steph. They brought him off the bench to take pressure off of guarding the other team's starters out of the gate and limit his minutes. I wonder if we do the same?
Stef wasn’t a soft tissue injury. I REALLY don’t like this and am praying to be mocked unmercifully by everyone when it works like gangbusters and he’s good to go for the rest of the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I think it's Monty's way of protecting Devin from himself in case he is pushing himself too hard or not being completely honest about his capabilities. They reported today that if Devin had his way he would have been back in Game 5. The Suns shut him down.
Yeah, and Tim Duncan would have played us with a bum knee back in 2000 if he had his druthers but Pop shut him down for the entire series.

Just afraid this is minimal short term gain for possible long term pain.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can’t start Booker

Bring him off the bench if you have to but him just being there should be an emotional lift

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex announced Devin had cleared protocols and that wasn't the case. That same night he was out they announce he had not. That's what I am referring to. He in fact had not cleared protocols yet and they announced it pre-game. Again my guess is that he was told the Suns would be asking the NBA front office to clear him (they are the only ones that can) and he jumped the gun guessing it would be that day.

Devin Booker played against the Heat in their final regular season meeting. It's all good though.