Players You Hope/Think Will Be Arizona's 1st Round Pick

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this or a thread similar already exists, I apologize, but I couldn't find one. Thought it would be fun to list our Top Three picks that we hope the team selects, along with three we think will be Arizona's choice. These are my three:
Hope-1. Davis, DL 2. Johnson, IOL. 3. Dotson, WR
Think-1. Burks, WR 2. Dotson, WR. 3. Green, IOL
While, I prefer Williams, London and the two Buckeyes, I don't want to give up picks in order to move up and get one.
Hope to hear from others who know a LOT MORE than I do about the possible picks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There's a whole number of WRs that I'd like. There's a few IOL I'd like. That's where I sit. I think we'd be daft going anywhere but offense, daft to go RB or TE. I suppose an OT isn't outside the realm of possibilities. I want to stick to the offense, as I'm on record as feeling the path to our success is to stack the deck for Kyler.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This might be the only year that I don't have a clue who I prefer or who I think they will want to draft. I think it is where we draft each round that makes it hard. The surest players seem likely to be gone in R1, and the best R2 players will be gone also by the time we pick. Same in R3.

Ideally, it would be nice to trade our first pick for an early R2, along with giving each of our R2 and R3 picks for early picks in those rounds. For instance: Give Jets our top 3 picks (23, 55, 87) for their #s 35, 38, & 69.

It would help if we could see our real board that Keim is going to work from. It could look totally different from the rankings in those simulations, or the big boards listed on the football sites. Who knows?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I have no clue or real preference this year. I just hope whoever we draft makes a positive impact from the get-go.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Don't have a top 3, but if any of the top 4 WRs fall, that would be my choice. No trade up though. If not trade back if possible and/or select Zion Johnson.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think they believe they are fine at across the entire offense and will not pick any player who plays offense at #23. I also think they believe they are okay on the Edge too. Keim will go defense with either IDL or CB.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Def could use another wr im praying olave slips or dude from bama riddl wr i think name

Also a speed lber be nice cards need 1 or multiple .... ugh cards draftin doesnt get me to pumped with drunk kiem in charge however :(

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jaimesen Johnson at #23’ Christian Watson at #55 and Karlaftis, Wyatt or Davis in Round 3.

No prob with trading down so long as we add someone who can improve our roster or has a phenominally high ceiling.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The closer we get, Garth, the more I want Jameson Williams. I would not want to give up any picks this year to move up, as I think there are too many holes to fill out on the roster, but I would be fine dealing a future pick or two. I think that he can be a difference maker.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Saw on TV that the Eagles like him, so I can't see us moving ahead of them. If they really do like him.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’ve starting to wane off Burks, the speed and slot thing is starting to worry me, although it’s probably just nerves that if we draft him he will be a Keim bust bonanza whilst all the other WRs become solid pros.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In my first post in this thread, with my hope picks, I went DL, IOL, and WR. But, now I realize that of the three positions, it is the WR position that is earning the big bucks. So, I guess it makes more sense to go WR first and get that fifth year, if the rankings are close.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaimesen Johnson at #23’ Christian Watson at #55 and Karlaftis, Wyatt or Davis in Round 3.

No prob with trading down so long as we add someone who can improve our roster or has a phenominally high ceiling.
I don’t think any of your #3 picks last that long.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I hope someone like Jermaine Johnson, Chris Olave or Trent McDuffie falls and we snatch them up.

As far as what I think will happen, I have this nagging feeling that we will trade back (maybe to Chiefs at 29) and take George Pickens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave