So Now That Murray

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Is making about $30mil next season, will things calm down.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is making about $30mil next season, will things calm down.
The 30 mill is for 2023. He's still set to only make 5 mill in 2022 I believe.
Perhaps . If Kyler pulls his head out of his butt and starts acting like a true leader.
One really doesnt have much to do with the other. There have been great leaders who still wanted their money. Schrager mentioned how Aaron Donald's contract extensions were always ugly and nasty before getting done.

There's still a 40-mill difference in what he wants and what he's currently set to make this year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

One really doesnt have much to do with the other. There have been great leaders who still wanted their money. Schrager mentioned how Aaron Donald's contract extensions were always ugly and nasty before getting done.

There's still a 40-mill difference in what he wants and what he's currently set to make this year.
You're right. The 30 million is for the 5th year option in 2023, he's only gonna make 5.9 million in 2022.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I wish we could come up with a fair long-term deal for both sides. Kyler needs to be resigned long-term but the second half of the season and his performance in the playoff game have really hurt him. His agent's timing is less than perfect. This slotting is BS., there are other variables involved. If we had Rosen would we slot him in to more than Mahomes is receiving? He is not Mahomes, but he is a very talented QB that we need to keep. If we overpay him it will cripple us for years. I just wish we could give him a contract that would set him up for life and still allow us to build a team around him. I guess I wish a lot.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Oh the horror that poor guy
Do you ever bring anything to the table than Kyler slander? You’re free to post whatever, but I never seem to see you talk about the draft, other players on the team, other players on other teams, etc.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing has changed. The Cardinals picking up the fifth year option was an assumed. Murray wants a "Watson deal" and if the Cardinals won't give it to him, he'll sit til the Cardinals deal him to a team that will pay him. It is in his best interest not to play the 2022 season on his rookie contract.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you ever bring anything to the table than Kyler slander? You’re free to post whatever, but I never seem to see you talk about the draft, other players on the team, other players on other teams, etc.
Well I have over 60,000 posts and have been here since day one of ASFN… plenty of posts to go back through and see for yourself if that is all I post? Have at it and let me know what you find… lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well I have over 60,000 posts and have been here since day one of ASFN… plenty of posts to go back through and see for yourself if that is all I post? Have at it and let me know what you find… lol
It’s actually impressive that you started slandering murray on ASFN when he was an infant. Amazing skills of anticipating the future.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lamar Jackson has played 4 years for a total of $7.5m without complaining once.

Lamar's is the contract that will effect Kyler's the most. That's the deal we want to beat to market.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nothing has changed. The Cardinals picking up the fifth year option was an assumed. Murray wants a "Watson deal" and if the Cardinals won't give it to him, he'll sit til the Cardinals deal him to a team that will pay him. It is in his best interest not to play the 2022 season on his rookie contract.
lol at the idea that K will sit the 2022 season.

FlMike1969

Reaction score

Lamar's is the contract that will effect Kyler's the most. That's the deal we want to beat to market.
This is where I am at also. I have respect for Lamar and his body of work. Kyler on the other hand I believe in the end is going to prove to be a mistake. They are going to over pay for a guy that lacks the mental "IT" factor to work past the challenges of being an NFL player and team leader. He will be physically challenged every year that will eventually bend and break his will to achieve greatness. He just has not shown me that he can be better than that. He has skills there is no denying but it takes more than just physical skills. This extension will prove to be a mistake. Should have traded him before he gets broken and exposed.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@WeBlitz

Dont let the guys that are ragging on you for calling out a long time poster get to you. @Shane is a loser and deserves shade thrown at him on a daily basis, keep it up! Hahaha

fwiw, I so want Kyler to succeed but I'm with those who think he just doesn't have what it takes to be a true franchise QB. However, what I perceive may be entirely off base because I have no clue what goes on in his head.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Lamar is taking a chance on being Ricky Williams all-time dumb in contract negotiations if he gets hurt or plays bad this season.

However, yes if Lamar plays great he will get 50 mill a year the following year. Even with that its still passes up a potential 10+ million in the short term for someone whose highest value is with their legs.

Using Lamar as a current example is simply bad business.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamar is taking a chance on being Ricky Williams all-time dumb in contract negotiations if he gets hurt or plays bad this season.

However, yes if Lamar plays great he will get 50 mill a year the following year. Even with that its still passes up a potential 10+ million in the short term for someone whose highest value is with their legs.

Using Lamar as a current example is simply bad business.

I'm using Lamar as an example of why Kyler shouldn't be crying over "only" getting $5.5m in cash this year when Lamar has played 4 years for less than $2m per year.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Kyler. He got $23.6 mill+ just to sign his contract and got 4 years with $35.6 mill + in guarantees.

He will get his bag after the draft later this summer. In the meantime he'll just have to scrape money together to eat.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Kyler. He got $23.6 mill+ just to sign his contract and got 4 years with $35.6 mill + in guarantees.

He will get his bag after the draft later this summer. In the meantime he'll just have to scrape money together to eat.
He’s being a b..

I’ve been ripped off/short changed on contract. I’ve come out of character a couple times and perhaps drew fangs, but kyler isn’t anywhere close to this.

I think kyler should shut the front door and concentrate on being a good football player….

Kids like him make me question all the Boldin hate.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'm using Lamar as an example of why Kyler shouldn't be crying over "only" getting $5.5m in cash this year when Lamar has played 4 years for less than $2m per year.

We’ll see what Lamar’s attitude looks like after tonight’s events. In the end, I would be shocked if both contracts didn’t get done before the season starts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson