Word on the Street

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You think fans are angry with the Cards/Kyler now? Imagine trading up and drafting a 1st round QB 3 times in 5 years. If that happens without a trade first, I'd be totally out.
If you were out on Murray, I absolutely want the Cardinals to chase another QB.

There are no indicators this is true. Between Keim and Murray, I think the only comments we've seen are fairly positive.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were out on Murray, I absolutely want the Cardinals to chase another QB.

There are no indicators this is true. Between Keim and Murray, I think the only comments we've seen are fairly positive.
I don't care if they are out on Murray or not. Even if they are, he should have been traded by now. Any draft of a QB is proof of another ultimate failure by Keim.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The more I look at Burks, the less I like him.

His type of game doesn't translate well.
I really like him, but I worry if ultimately Burks hurts Moore or Moore hurts Burks. We're going to see more 12 personnel with Ertz/Max next year IMO. Idk if having two less polished slot guys is the way to go. If he were more of a pure outside guy I'd be for him cause AJ will eventually wear down as the season goes on.

I just really really hope Keim is right about Dotson if he's the pick.

There is the fear of drafting Dotson over Burks being similar to Hollywood Brown over Deebo. Time will on that though.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"WORD" from all the mock drafts is that there's a consensus that there's no consensus on the CARDS pick.

I've seen trade up and trade downs; WO, CB, DE, DT, G, T associated with the pick.

Picking at 23 is hard to predict. Especially in this draft. Things seem all over the place. Going to be fascinating to watch.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really like him, but I worry if ultimately Burks hurts Moore or Moore hurts Burks. We're going to see more 10 personnel with Ertz/Max next year IMO. Idk if having two less polished slot guys is the way to go. If he were more of a pure outside guy I'd be for him cause AJ will eventually wear down as the season goes on.

I just really really hope Keim is right about Dotson if he's the pick.

There is the fear of drafting Dotson over Burks being similar to Hollywood Brown over Deebo. Time will on that though.
10??

With 2 good tight ends?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No college receiver draws quality coverage. They go almost all season facing guys that are, at #5 NFL corners. It's a really silly argument man.

You are finding reasons to not like a HIGHLY productive college receiver from a school that routinely produces some of the best receivers in the NFL.

That smoothness you see is a big time trait. Why is Dotson having to make so many tough catches? Because he doesn't get as open as Olave! He looks a little bit rough, and even with his speed, his routes aren't as crisp.

Guys like Olave are almost a sure thing. Three years of high production. Production from a young age. Olave is a year younger than Dotson, and was productive earlier. That says something.

I would consider Dotson...but I wouldn't be excited about taking him.
I have no problem should we draft Olave, but I watch PSU EVERY week. Dotson has to make great catches because the PSU QB’s are average at best. No, I take that back. As passers, they are BAD.

Reaction score
Burks is AJ Brown
But what about this report from Krang? Anything to it?

Burks showed up to predraft workouts a little chubby. His motivation is questionable. He might not realize that the CBs of the NFC West are all going to be significantly better than the CBs he faced in college.

He does have shades of Anquan Boldin to his game. If you could pull history from draft that year, you'd see me shouting from the mountain tops to draft Anquan and arguing with those who thought he wasn't that good.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
meant to type 12
I figured you meant 12.

I could see that. If you're using 11 and 12 personnel most of the time, it would mean all of this talk about drafting a receiver might be overblown.

That could open things up to drafting a guy later lik slot receiver Kyle Phillips from UCLA. Maybe @Russ Smith has an opinion on him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured you meant 12.

I could see that. If you're using 11 and 12 personnel most of the time, it would mean all of this talk about drafting a receiver might be overblown.

That could open things up to drafting a guy later lik slot receiver Kyle Phillips from UCLA. Maybe @Russ Smith has an opinion on him.

Don't have an opinion on any UCLA wr. DTR is a productive player but he's not a QB that understands timing. Phillips had a good year but it's really hard to evaluate WR's when the QB never throws the ball where and when he's supposed to.

Small has good hands, about all I recall.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually agree with you, but in the way that Burks had more burst coming out than AJ.
Yes, he is faster, people are confusing his nfl speed with combine numbers in which, obviously, he didn't train specifically
When i see his highlights i see the extra speed to get away from defenders