Rondale Moore

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
After seeing him last year, what is his potential as a starter with the Cards? Was it a mistake to draft him? Who in this draft would you say compares most to him and where would he be ranked in this coming draft?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too muscle for his height
Injury concern and less quickness, speed
Couldn't make a big play in 60 touches, beside a blown coverage after Murray running ten seconds with the ball

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
After seeing him last year, what is his potential as a starter with the Cards? Was it a mistake to draft him? Who in this draft would you say compares most to him and where would he be ranked in this coming draft?
Mistake?? That's laughable. The only mistakes have been in how he was used.

Kid had like an 8yd avg per catch.
His avg depth of reception was 1.2 yds.
That means his catches were at or behind the LOS....
He earned his yards, had about 7.4 YAC with every team we faced knowing we were gonna throw the bubble screen.
Had he run regular routes the kid was likely a 1000yd WR.

He can start. He can play. He can do so for many years barring injury.
But it mostly depends on kliff Kingsbury

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I do not support giving up on outstanding athletes after one year. I agree he was poorly used. All those tosses behind the line where he was supposed to make something happen, looked more like poorly designed plays to me. When Hopkins went down I think it was a mistake not to use Moore more frequently, especially on mid-level and deep throws. I can’t guarantee he will succeed, principally because he had few quality opportunities to showcase talent if he has it. That’s bad coaching. I’d like to see the Cards draft a receiver so they don’t have only one path to success. Target Moore often in preseason. Neither Green nor Hopkins need the reps. Moore either shows talent of sits.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was Moore’s route tree possibly due to Kirk and injuries? Does he step into a more natural position this year?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

No blown coverage here.
Thats was a big catch for sure but i was taking another point
I want him to be more quick and elusive, looked a bit stiff considering the expectations, i think he has put too much muscle on his frame

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats was a big catch for sure but i was taking another point
I want him to be more quick and elusive, looked a bit stiff considering the expectations, i think he has put too much muscle on his frame
Yea your not remembering right. The kid was like a human pinball at times eluding Multiple defenders. He showed both attributes quickness and elusiveness.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea your not remembering right. The kid was like a human pinball at times eluding Multiple defenders. He showed both attributes quickness and elusiveness.
I remember fine, wasn't impressed with yards after the catch, i didn't have the impression he could make something out of nothing,not so quick and fast as i expected
i m talking about my expectations, if yours were low, great for u

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember fine, i m talking about my expectations, if yours were low, great for u
Nahhh he showed in space he has exactly what your describing not his fault most of his routes we’re doomed for failure… 1:15 and 3:05 mark are clear examples.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nahhh he showed in space he has exactly what your describing not his fault most of his routes we’re doomed for failure… 1:15 and 3:05 mark are clear examples.

I thought he was more fast and quick
The designed play were not good im agree, but in few of them could have made something, a supposed to be playmaker, vision too, taking bad directions and crashing into defender
i didn't see the explosion i expected
My concern are about him being 5'7 with too much muscle, isn't the same guy i saw on tape, first college year expecially

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny just how bad this team sucked and how much every player on this team sucked last year.

At one point the Cardinals looked like a juggernaut with tons of depth and everyone on this board was impressed by Rondale. The team fell apart down the stretch and he struggles, and wa-la, he totally sucks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont understand the hate Moore gets. He looked real quality before his injury. Also lets not forget that Vikings game and his nice moves and clock awareness to set up the halftime field goal.

This. Some people have really short memories and you are only what you showed recently.

I have no concerns about Moore, he's going to be very good. He was electric through the first 6 weeks or so and tailed off as the horizontal raid took over again as players were injured.

None of it was Moore's fault. He was used poorly and Kliff failed to adjust as usual.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I do not support giving up on outstanding athletes after one year. I agree he was poorly used. All those tosses behind the line where he was supposed to make something happen, looked more like poorly designed plays to me. When Hopkins went down I think it was a mistake not to use Moore more frequently, especially on mid-level and deep throws. I can’t guarantee he will succeed, principally because he had few quality opportunities to showcase talent if he has it. That’s bad coaching. I’d like to see the Cards draft a receiver so they don’t have only one path to success. Target Moore often in preseason. Neither Green nor Hopkins need the reps. Moore either shows talent of sits.
He CAN'T sit. We don't have the depth for that to be possible. He thrives or we suck, basically. Now we're pigeon-holed into drafting a WR high and hoping he has instant impact, which has not been our FO's forte. Great job, Keim lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He CAN'T sit. We don't have the depth for that to be possible. He thrives or we suck, basically. Now we're pigeon-holed into drafting a WR high and hoping he has instant impact, which has not been our FO's forte. Great job, Keim lol
we really needed to be forced into that position though....we have needed a #2 since the BA years....even now it will be short lived,...Hop aint got many years left...about the time the rookies contract is due, we will be moving him to 1, letting Hop retire...and needing a #2 again.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I think Kliff calls plays for him that require a Tyreek Hill type of athlete to be successful and that’s not fair to Moore.

My fear is that he is 5’7” tall. So unless there are lanes for Kyler to throw through in the pocket (which he has shown he struggles because he doesn’t step up in the pocket or stay in the pocket), then his plays will need to be quick passes behind the line of scrimmage or designed roll outs or busted plays where Kyler scrambles.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When I hear Moore, I think of that amazing catch he was able to keep inbounds. I think of all the extra yardage he was able to make and how he once made a first down out of nothing. He was a good young rookie to the extent we used him and any jumping of the gun to Bustville is way off

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think Kliff calls plays for him that require a Tyreek Hill type of athlete to be successful and that’s not fair to Moore.

My fear is that he is 5’7” tall. So unless there are lanes for Kyler to throw through in the pocket (which he has shown he struggles because he doesn’t step up in the pocket or stay in the pocket), then his plays will need to be quick passes behind the line of scrimmage or designed roll outs or busted plays where Kyler scrambles.
Watch the 1st video in this thread.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny just how bad this team sucked and how much every player on this team sucked last year.

At one point the Cardinals looked like a juggernaut with tons of depth and everyone on this board was impressed by Rondale. The team fell apart down the stretch and he struggles, and wa-la, he totally sucks.
yep this 100%

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Moore's regression was once again the fault of the coaching.
In the video you can see the talent, especially in those first two games against the Titans and the Vikings.
Then he disappeared down the stretch. When Hop went down you would think Moore's involvement would increase but it seemed the opposite.
Still think the downfall of this team is the coaching on both sides of the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave