Word on the Street

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr @Chopper0080 @DVontel

I wonder if Dotson being more of an outside guy is why they might favor him over Burks.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I dont think he's better. However, you likely want to avoid risking Rondale getting "Kirk'd". Might just want him squarely in the slot to find out his real potential. Dotson sets up to replace Green.
Burks showed up to predraft workouts a little chubby. His motivation is questionable. He might not realize that the CBs of the NFC West are all going to be significantly better than the CBs he faced in college.

He does have shades of Anquan Boldin to his game. If you could pull history from draft that year, you'd see me shouting from the mountain tops to draft Anquan and arguing with those who thought he wasn't that good.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I wonder if Dotson being more of an outside guy is why they might favor him over Burks.

I dont think he's better. However, you likely want to avoid risking Rondale getting "Kirk'd". Might just want him squarely in the slot to find out his real potential. Dotson sets up to replace Green.
Overall I really want Olave. College technicians tend to workout better than guys who just won physically.

Remember this years ago when Olave has 5 straight 1000 yard seasons and most of the rest of these receivers go the way of N'Keal Harry.

Last edited:

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
The only WR I'd trade up significantly for is Wilson. Let the rest fall where they may. The worst possible scenario would be trading up for a WR with 0 ball skills......because.......Keim.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would do so for an impact WR. Or an impact pass rusher.

Have a shot at Jermaine Johnson? Do it.
But he must have an impact then, which is as probable like someone else drafted few spots later
And we are not talking about a consensus top 5 pick

Last edited:

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
I would take Zion Johnson @ 23 And then trade up to #35 or #38 with the Jets to get Arnold Ebiketie, OLB, 2nd best pass rusher in the draft. Trade of the Cards 55, 201, and next year 2nd.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I would agree that this is probably much of the appeal of ay high round WR they target. They can't relegate Moore to the #4 spot after one year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would do so for an impact WR. Or an impact pass rusher.

Have a shot at Jermaine Johnson? Do it.
I have a tough time seeing any of these guys being worth an additional 3rd round player. This roster needs young talent and making bad moves because you have a bad GM is even worse.

Even if it is a 2023 3rd, you had better be sure you are getting the right guy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could backfire, but based on fit I'd trade a pick next year to get him.

Olave would be best case if he falls to us without needing to move a pick though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll say this again just so it's clear I was wrong when he's a star.

I don't like Olave. I see a guy that catches a lot of passes he's never going to get open for in the NFL. He does nothing on contested catches and can't break tackles.

Guaranteed we draft him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have a tough time seeing any of these guys being worth an additional 3rd round player. This roster needs young talent and making bad moves because you have a bad GM is even worse.

Even if it is a 2023 3rd, you had better be sure you are getting the right guy.
Meh I'd give up a Josh Jones to trade in a Dotson for an Olave.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'll say this again just so it's clear I was wrong when he's a star.

I don't like Olave. I see a guy that catches a lot of passes he's never going to get open for in the NFL. He does nothing on contested catches and can't break tackles.

Guaranteed we draft him.
I honestly have no idea what you are or aren't seeing.

Olave is going to be a damn good player. I'd bet on him being good over all the other WRs, and it isn't even close.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I would agree that this is probably much of the appeal of ay high round WR they target. They can't relegate Moore to the #4 spot after one year.
100% this

AJ is a stop gap -- they need a young outside guy. Preferably with some size, but ill take sub 6-ft if he can run the entire route tree

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Olave is going to be a damn good player. I'd bet on him being good over all the other WRs, and it isn't even close.
on the top 6 WRs, the statement is:

[WR I like] is going to be a star. [WR i dont like] wont be successful in the NFL because .......

read enough draft guides, and all of them appear in either of those brackets

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Olave is a good route runner, his ball tracking and body control are good and he's quick. Smooth is the most common and accurate word for him. My issue is his catching. Watch his highlight tape below. How many of his catches are full extension, or contested, or a tight window. 80% of his catches are body catches with bucket arms. Most of the rest are hands up at head height at best. You just don't get many of these at the NFL level, yet nearly all Olaves catches are like that. He doesn't really have highlight catches, he has highlight plays.

Guys like Dotson have tape full of NFL catches. Dotson's 20th best catch would probably Olaves best. And Dotson always drew CB1 coverage, had garbage at QB and still made plays.

I don't think Olave has ever drawn CB1 coverage.

I might be wrong and Olave has that in his locker but just barely used it. But if I'm drafting I'd be very wary of taking him high. I don't see Olave as an outside guy that's going to take on top CB's and win contested catches at all. His ceiling is probably a very good slot where he can use his speed and route running to get open uncontested.

Last edited: