The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Yupp. There was a bird flu outbreak and he supposedly had 5 million chickens killed…
The problem isn’t that he had them killed. Killing livestock to control a disease outbreak is, unfortunately, sometimes necessary. The problem is how he had them killed. Economical, but extremely cruel.

Also, the poor conditions in which the birds were kept helped lead to the outbreak in the first place.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Zarba on the take or what? These calls on Thompson are just comical!!!!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The end of that half couldn't have gone worse. I thought Poole was going to get a foul at worst but he lost the ball before Rivers fouled him so the ref correctly didn't call the foul. Denver scores, and then Klay has a layup wiped out by a 4th foul call.

Missed most of the half they were down 17 when I tuned in so I have no idea beyond Denver has already shot 23 FT's so they must be pounding it inside. And the Warriors missed 5 FT's in the time I watched, 2 by Curry

Have to give it to Rivers he has become a really annoying defensive player that steal after Curry stole the ball was probably the biggest play of the half instead of an 8 point game it was a 13 because Gordon made the 3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just once I'd like to see a ref admit they made a bad toss on a jump ball and redo it? That one that Draymond got the tip on Joker was just a horrible toss.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver 12-25 on 3's, Morris in particular just killing the W's right now

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
FTs the difference. The nuggets have taken and made exactly 12 more free throws in the warriors. The exact difference in the score of the game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another jump ball another terrible toss that helps Green win the jump again. Refs suck at jump balls

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huge flip there steph travels with a chance to cut to 6 and then Denver hits another 3. 14-27

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Every single time the Warriors get a big turnover with a chance to bring it down to 6 -7 points they make some stupid mental error and go back down by 10-11.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivers flails trying to draw foul and hits himself in the eye

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph missed 23 FT's all year, 6-10 today

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Dubs have had several chances to get back in this game and it's clear it's just not their day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure the new death lineup is no longer untouchable Denver figured out how to attack it the last 2 games. They can't really guard it but they scored on it repeatedly

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everytime i watch Okongwu play for Atlanta it reminds me they had him, 3 Ball brothers and 2 other guys on the same Chino Hills team at a PUBLIC HS! They had 6 guys on a public HS team that wound up playing high D1, 3 of them are in the NBA. It's not unheard of on one these superstar HS teams, or a prepschool but for a public school to have that much talent at one time was pretty insane, even if 3 of them were brothers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Took me a bit to get thru this thread…

Jokic was otherworldly in the regular season which is what the MVP is awarded for. Saying he doesn’t deserve it based on the playoffs is like saying Kyler doesn’t deserve the pro bowl because of the Rams game. His MVP won’t age well though…

Boston is the team to beat right now in the East over Milwaukee. Smart plays the Holliday role and their front court is bigger and deeper than Milwaukee despite Giannis. Pretty amazing job by Brad Stevens trading for Horford, not trading Smart and hiring Udoka.

I thought the Harden trade was a win-win in real time but at the end of the day Philly got a player who plays and the Nets got one of the biggest weste of talents in recent memory. Simmons is a disgrace.

I’ve always been a KD defender but it’s clear at this point he needs a superteam to make/win the finals. I assume they’ll fire Nash but show me any coach who is going to reach those players.

Don’t want to get into a potential series with the Warriors yet but Ayton will need to be magnificent for us to beat them. CP3 is so smart I think he can mess with their backcourt a bit.

I know Luka is limited but if they can’t get thru Utah some questions might start being asked.

I’m rooting for Memphis because I think Ja will get it together and they could give Golden St a series with the home court factor. I think Golden St would sweep the Timberwolves and Draymond would break KAT’s brain.

The East playoffs have been incredibly boring outside of the Celtics/Nets game 1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Steve Nash is fired from the Nets job I hope he makes his way back to a smaller market team.

He seemed out of place playing for the Lakers and coaching the Nets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave