Word on the Street

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m told the Cards & the Eagles have discussed trading round 1 picks. It’s conditional on 1 of 3 players being available. I’d presume the Eagles would not get the names. There’s also a hang up on the compensation pick. It would be a round 3 pick; however, the Cards want to send a 2023 pick, the Eagles want a 2022. I’m guessing the target is a WR.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I’m told the Cards & the Eagles have discussed trading round 1 picks. It’s conditional on 1 of 3 players being available. I’d presume the Eagles would not get the names. There’s also a hang up on the compensation pick. It would be a round 3 pick; however, the Cards want to send a 2023 pick, the Eagles want a 2022. I’m guessing the target is a WR.
No way they can give up this year's third. We get a third round comp pick next year so that makes sense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which pick theirs which is 18th or Miami's which is 15th? 15th doesn't appear to be high enough to move up to get Johnson the Edge rusher so you're probably right with either pick the target is probably a WR

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which pick theirs which is 18th or Miami's which is 15th? 15th doesn't appear to be high enough to move up to get Johnson the Edge rusher so you're probably right with either pick the target is probably a WR
Position they covet to move up must be a receiver, but i prefer seeing them trading down few spots

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So funny- most on this board said this was a boring off season.

I guess dinner can take a while.
I'd be shocked if Keim moves up. With no 4th and 5th this year, I can't see them giving up a 3rd this year too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine if they traded up for Johnson, not for a WR. There are 3-5 worthy WRs in this first round, and what 2, maybe 3 edge?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If the Cards are willing to move up to the Eagles spot and the Eagles just want our third and the Cards are not willing to give that this year, then why consider the guy in question important enough in the first place. Really freaking simple, if you really like the guy and think he's worth moving up in the first, then you should be able to sacrifice even your third for that talent scale you judge worthy... same with Kyler, if you think he's your franchise QB, then just freaking pay him already because that price is going to go up while you wait

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
No offense Harry, but I wouldn’t believe anything about the draft even if Mrs. Keim told me while having an affair with her (kept it clean to not get banned).

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No offense Harry, but I wouldn’t believe anything about the draft even if Mrs. Keim told me while having an affair with her (kept it clean to not get banned).
None taken. It’s just a rumor.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I‘m totally in the dark about our pick, but feel obliged to consider Keim’s Eastern Pennsylvaia roots and relationships therein.

Put me down for an EDGE Rusher should the Philly trade go down.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this draft is going to be a mess.

There are potential trades for Deebo, Jimmy G and Baker that could effect things. And even without that I think it's going to be a draft that looks very little like most mocks. I can see several players that have been nothing but first rounders in every mock sliding and guys that have been round 2 making it into the 1st.

And we probably end up with a player in round 1 that nobody saw coming.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this draft is going to be a mess.

There are potential trades for Deebo, Jimmy G and Baker that could effect things. And even without that I think it's going to be a draft that looks very little like most mocks. I can see several players that have been nothing but first rounders in every mock sliding and guys that have been round 2 making it into the 1st.

And we probably end up with a player in round 1 that nobody saw coming.
I agree that it may end up being a bizarre 1st round, but I don’t think we’ll be surprised by Keim’s pick. I will always maintain that BA had a ton of influence on our picks & that Keim wasn’t the main decision maker until BA left. So Keim’s picks have been Rosen, Murray, Simmons, and Collins. We‘re any of them a surprise? I would say no. One could criticize Keim for making “safe” picks. But, you never know. I could see Keim feeling pressured to get more production out of his drafts & trying something a little different this time around.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that it may end up being a bizarre 1st round, but I don’t think we’ll be surprised by Keim’s pick. I will always maintain that BA had a ton of influence on our picks & that Keim wasn’t the main decision maker until BA left. So Keim’s picks have been Rosen, Murray, Simmons, and Collins. We‘re any of them a surprise? I would say no. One could criticize Keim for making “safe” picks. But, you never know. I could see Keim feeling pressured to get more production out of his drafts & trying something a little different this time around.
Recently his draft board looked really similiar to PFF grades, something BritCard should look like , but it didn't exactly pan out

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just from listening to the mock draft gurus, if the Cardinals want a receiver bad enough, they will likely have to move up or accept the warts with the second round guys.

I can see the appeal of Jameson Williams, but he likely won't be full strength until near the end of next season.

I'd like Olave, but not really in a trade up. I view as the most sure thing, but with a lower ceiling than Wilson, London, and Williams.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Krangodnzr @Chopper0080 @DVontel

I wonder if Dotson being more of an outside guy is why they might favor him over Burks.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I dont think he's better. However, you likely want to avoid risking Rondale getting "Kirk'd". Might just want him squarely in the slot to find out his real potential. Dotson sets up to replace Green.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just from listening to the mock draft gurus, if the Cardinals want a receiver bad enough, they will likely have to move up or accept the warts with the second round guys.

I can see the appeal of Jameson Williams, but he likely won't be full strength until near the end of next season.

I'd like Olave, but not really in a trade up. I view as the most sure thing, but with a lower ceiling than Wilson, London, and Williams.
I’m beginning to think that the Cardinals are not going WR in the 1st round. And if they do, I actually think I like Dotson, but am ok with any of the other WR’s. Personally, I’m leaning heavily towards Zion right now. A little birdie told me we’re going offense early & often. And yet, our DL is atrocious.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think that the Cardinals are not going WR in the 1st round. And if they do, I actually think I like Dotson, but am ok with any of the other WR’s. Personally, I’m leaning heavily towards Zion right now. A little birdie told me we’re going offense early & often. And yet, our DL is atrocious.
I like Zion and Wyatt, both trench guys on their respective side of the ball. I will not gripe if it's a WR, but edge rusher or CB will bum me out lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave