Prediction...

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray will get his new contract in June. I don't believe the Cardinals planned on extending him until next offseason and did not budget for it. After all of the QB extensions this offseason they will have to do it now. I believe this has stifled our offseason and we focused on retaining our guys. We will have to adjust Humphries contract, as well.

Glad we brought back AJ. No hate here.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Murray will get his new contract in June. I don't believe the Cardinals planned on extending him until next offseason and did not budget for it. After all of the QB extensions this offseason they will have to do it now. I believe this has stifled our offseason and we focused on retaining our guys. We will have to adjust Humphries contract, as well.

Glad we brought back AJ. No hate here.
I totally agree....and they probably told his agent early on. All this off season kerfuffle is just his agent being a douche canoe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I totally agree....and they probably told his agent early on. All this off season kerfuffle is just his agent being a douche canoe.
If the cards really didn’t intend on extending this offseason, with that being the recent trend for other similar QBs, I think the agent did what was right for his client - force the cards to give murray the same security that others that preceded him received.

As a fan I don’t love it. But if the facts are as stated, that’s the agent doing his job.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
If the cards really didn’t intend on extending this offseason, with that being the recent trend for other similar QBs, I think the agent did what was right for his client - force the cards to give murray the same security that others that preceded him received.

As a fan I don’t love it. But if the facts are as stated, that’s the agent doing his job.
It's not necessarily that they weren't planning to extend him this off season, rather it would just be done just before training camp like most other big extensions for quarterbacks have been done in the past. If the front office relayed this to the agent, which is likely, then the agent is just being complete dork by trying to force the issue early and not trusting the process for his client.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not necessarily that they weren't planning to extend him this off season, rather it would just be done just before training camp like most other big extensions for quarterbacks have been done in the past. If the front office relayed this to the agent, which is likely, then the agent is just being complete dork by trying to force the issue early and not trusting the process for his client.

Let's keep in mind, that we have an extra $10m in Cap room coming June 1., which would assist in any topping up if a new contract is needed.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
yes agreed and this seems to be the most likely scenario. However where I get really pissed is the fact that Murray isnt even that good and has yet to show up in a meaningful game. Now the cardinals HAVE to give in to his swarmy demands and pay him like a Josh Aleen which is embarrassing ( and quite the coup for murrays agent)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah I misread the post to which you were responding. I thought it said the cards were intending to extend next offseason.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Why do you consider this "likely"? Based on the agent's behavior, it seems more likely that the Cards refused to even open negotiations on the broad outlines of an extension.

OP
OP
LittleDavis

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alright...after watching and researching as much as I want to. A couple of things.

1. When you get in these upper level administrative squabbles, expect a lot of smoke and mirrors. The Social media phenomenon has changed the way we see sports. Agents and players are exploiting this platform for their benefit. Burkhardt has made himself relevant, Kyler has stayed in the headlines, Kliff got a new contract and the Cardinals stay relevant.

2. The Cardinals would not have retained Kliff if they were going to move on from Murray.

3. Burkhardt is either a genius or he is a potential overly aggressive fool.

4. I love that The Cardinals stayed mum and stood stoic.

5. I agree with Ron, a new contract before training camp.

P.S. Oh yeah, it's scavenger Keim Time. He has a good eye for post-June 1st talent to rectify...and of course, the draft.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Why do you consider this "likely"? Based on the agent's behavior, it seems more likely that the Cards refused to even open negotiations on the broad outlines of an extension.
Not opening negotiations on a broad outline versus telling the agent and the player, hey as soon as the draft is over and free agency is over we're going to address your contract situation before the season... Completely different conversations. And I would say it is very likely that they told the agent and the player please be patient we have a process we're going to get to you.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not opening negotiations on a broad outline versus telling the agent and the player, hey as soon as the draft is over and free agency is over we're going to address your contract situation before the season... Completely different conversations. And I would say it is very likely that they told the agent and the player please be patient we have a process we're going to get to you.
We’ll they don’t have to be happy that they’re not a priority.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson