Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sometimes. I'm sure you don't always post every opinion on every subject/thread either. There are times I just don't have the energy.
If I’m going to criticize someone else’s opinion I’m for sure going to post my opinion and reasoning for it. I think it’s poor form to call out someone else’s opinion and ask them to prove it unless you think the opposite and have your own proof or conjecture that points in a contrary direction. Or, at a minimum, points to a lack of information necessary to hold a particular position. I think anything less than those is just starting an argument for arguments sake. And what the heck is the purpose of that?!?

Just my opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think that his latest statements will really matter much. People have spent the last few weeks trying to convince us that Kyler isn't a good leader.

People already have their mind made up. Unless Kyler brings us the constant winner that we have never had in this town, he won't be a leader.
Disagree. I’ve already seen posters that have been critical of the way kyler has handled this acknowledge these latest comments as good moves on his part. Not everyone on here is so black and white and stubborn in their positions.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
While I agree with the take it's difficult to make a case for Kyler to lean in to the culture the team is setting. Belicheck, Buford and Pop, Keim and KK are not.
Then he should set the culture. He should be the alpha walking in there and holding the entire team to the same high standard he holds himself. The problem is, he doesn't hold himself to that high standard--not because he has a bad work ethic, as he works out a lot, but because he thinks he's just too good to have to work on the mental aspect of his game. When the team doesn't have a good culture and your QB slacks, why would the rest of the team try to elevate?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Then he should set the culture. He should be the alpha walking in there and holding the entire team to the same high standard he holds himself. The problem is, he doesn't hold himself to that high standard--not because he has a bad work ethic, as he works out a lot, but because he thinks he's just too good to have to work on the mental aspect of his game. When the team doesn't have a good culture and your QB slacks, why would the rest of the team try to elevate?
That’s not it at all. I think he just wants to do QB stuff real good and head home. He’s probably always been that way. The cards should’ve known that when they drafted him.

I’m sure Keim thought that he runs a tight ship and could build an organization around him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Stout 's favorite QB before Kyler looks to be in good shape. Maybe bring in Bradford as the QB coach.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Can help with maintaining accuracy while sliding in the pocket. And also how to secure a deal with Keim.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
@Stout 's favorite QB before Kyler looks to be in good shape. Maybe bring in Bradford as the QB coach.

Can help with maintaining accuracy while sliding in the pocket. And also how to secure a deal with Keim.
He don't know me very well, do he?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This whole "Keim isn't building a culture" stuff is crap.

How? How is he not trying to build a winning culture?

Brought in Nuk, Hudson, Watt, Green. Won more games than any GM in his tenure. Was 7-0,10-2 and 11-6 last year at various stages. Brought in a young offensive coach to build around the offense. Traded a #10 pick QB to bring in Kyler because he thought better chance of winning.

The only think lacking is a QB who leads, communicates and elevates those around him. That's what is missing from the culture.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Now I know why Green did not turn around for that pass, Kyler is bi-polar as all funk, says one thing in the huddle, then at the line, and the next thing you know he does another... Green- "You told me you were going to keep it and run for the score, and I was like that makes no sense, but then I was like cool you're the QB with the magic go go get em gadget legs, then like you throw the ball, and then... "lol

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Brought in Nuk, Hudson, Watt, Green. Won more games than any GM in his tenure. Was 7-0,10-2 and 11-6 last year at various stages. Brought in a young offensive coach to build around the offense. Traded a #10 pick QB to bring in Kyler because he thought better chance of winning.

The only think lacking is a QB who leads, communicates and elevates those around him. That's what is missing from the culture.
Trash take. Keim is the worst drafting GM in the league and was unable to hit on first round prospects save K1. His horrendous drafting is the reason why he have to hit big on trades and free agents. Keim brought in a losing headcoach in Kliff whose teams had a history of collapsing in the second half of the season. Saying he’s the most wins is setting the bar really low, LOL.

I’ve never seen so many players talk so much trash and sneak diss one man once they left the team. And it all goes back to Keim.

And if you think Kyler is the problem when the qb is the most important piece of the football team and led this team from worst fielded to a playoff team and defending a man who won’t get hired if he’s fired somewhere else and TWO DUIS with a horrendous draft record shows a lot about you and your takes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It’s pretty crazy that you’re only evaluating the last three years of performance for Keim.

It also seems like a category error to confuse player acquisition with building culture.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This cracks me up. What it really means is he was 7-0, then 3-2, then 1-4 last year in various stages. Trying to use all three to make it seem like multiolenwinning winning stages is . . . well . . . humorous.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I know why Green did not turn around for that pass, Kyler is bi-polar as all funk, says one thing in the huddle, then at the line, and the next thing you know he does another... Green- "You told me you were going to keep it and run for the score, and I was like that makes no sense, but then I was like cool you're the QB with the magic go go get em gadget legs, then like you throw the ball, and then... "lol
This

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trash take. Keim is the worst drafting GM in the league and was unable to hit on first round prospects save K1. His horrendous drafting is the reason why he have to hit big on trades and free agents. Keim brought in a losing headcoach in Kliff whose teams had a history of collapsing in the second half of the season. Saying he’s the most wins is setting the bar really low, LOL.

I’ve never seen so many players talk so much trash and sneak diss one man once they left the team. And it all goes back to Keim.

And if you think Kyler is the problem when the qb is the most important piece of the football team and led this team from worst fielded to a playoff team and defending a man who won’t get hired if he’s fired somewhere else and TWO DUIS with a horrendous draft record shows a lot about you and your takes.

It’s pretty crazy that you’re only evaluating the last three years of performance for Keim.

It also seems like a category error to confuse player acquisition with building culture.

1. The success or lack of 1st round pick success has absolutely nothing to do with culture. The Pats draft history is garbage, especially in round 1. They haven't drafted a player worthy of round 1 since Chandler Jones in 2012 and they moved on from him after 4 years.

2. You haven't heard other players trash their GM's because you follow the Cards and don't see most of this kind of crap for other teams unless it goes big enough to make national news. "Former player who got cut trashes the GM" isn't really something anyone should take to heart. Bobby Wagner just found out he was getting cut from the news so let's not pretend all is rosy everywhere else.

3. I'm not defending Keim. Simply pointing out that the "culture" takes are trash. There is plenty else to criticize him over. JJ Watt joined this org last year, one of the most driven, hard working players in the league, and has done nothing but praise the culture in the team. You think players with multiple options like Ertz and Green are resigning here if there is a bad culture?

4. Of course player acquisition is part of the culture. The players you bring in, their personalities and work ethics all add to the culture. It's why he brought in vets with multiple pro bowls who know what it takes to succeed.

5. All this "culture" nonsense is just another way for Keim haters and Kyler defenders to shift the blame. "It's not Kyler's fault, he just want's to win and we don't have that culture" fans say coming off a 11-6 season and the playoffs. If Kyler want's to win he needs to do more to lead the team. Superbowl winning teams have leaders at QB.

6. I'm not only evaluating the last 3 years, I just couldn't be bothered going further back. Again, literally the most winning GM in Cardinals history. What more can you do to have a winning culture than only having 3 losing seasons in 9? Fans are never going to forget the Wilks year are they.

Jason Licht of the Bucs have 5 losing seasons from 8. I guess they have a culture of losing.

And park the "you're defending Keim" crap. Stating facts to correct bad takes is not defending him, it's simply stating facts.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This number surprised me, but it does reflect well on Keim.

Tyrann.
Budda.
David Johnson.

Am I missing somebody else?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Four of the many Heisman-winning QBs that have never won a Super Bowl. Only two have so getting a pic of guys that haven't is not too difficult.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Colin on Kyler (starting at 5:32)

When I listened to this segment, I thought Colin hit the nail dead on the head. The comparison between Murray and Rogers was so as compared to guys like Brady and Duncan was so spot on. There's a reason Rogers hasn't been to more Super Bowls and this absolutely explains why. For us to expect Murray to lead this team to a Super Bowl is folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.