Suns @ Pelicans Friday Playoff game thread 4-22-2022 - Game 3

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We’re up 2-1 but if going negative makes you sleep better, then more power to you. They’re not outplaying us enough to actually beat us, so that has to mean something.
They outplay us up to the point where CP3 is forced to become the Point God.
Otherwise, by any other non-Point God measure, they’re outplaying us…

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong… they have outplayed us in all 3 games. Unfortunately for them, we have a Point God who knows how to close out games.
Yep. That team goes into that locker room being happy and feeling fortunate being up 2-1. But they also know what's been going on IMO... good teams will make adjustments and get their ish together. Especially a 1 seed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can hold serve, they win the series if not earlier.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think they are. I think this pels team is maybe the third or fourth most talented team in west.
And they’re a first round opponent lol. Imagine if we played Denver in round 1, we’d sweep them again. Plus they know all of our stuff with Willie Green. They have a really good defensive wing (Jones), a go to scorer (Ingram) and a really good culture where there’s a genuine belief. Game 4 we can deal a knockout blow.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BUT PAUL PLAYS FOR US SO WHAT HE DOES COUNTS FOR THE SUNS IN DETERMINING IF THEY OUTPLAYED THE SUNS.
As I said, quite clearly I thought… by any other non-Point God measure, they have outplayed the Suns. Literally, every vital metric is in their favor… with one exception, Chris Freakin Paul.
If not for CP3, we’re down 3-0.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, quite clearly I thought… by any other non-Point God measure, they have outplayed the Suns. Literally, every vital metric is in their favor… with one exception, Chris Freakin Paul.
If not for CP3, we’re down 3-0.
And without Brandon Ingram playing for them we are up 3-0.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2 games to 1 lead says we have outplayed them....we have Book rest of game 2 it's 3-0. Pelicans just playing super tough is all

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns peaked way too early this season. The only thing they're winning this year is a participation award if they keep this crap up. 3/4 of the team is playing like they've never seen a basketball before. Wtf happened to these guys.

Hopefully the Suns are building towards another peak.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson