Keim's time to speak today 4/21/22

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Okay, now let's get back to what's important and real. We need to strengthen the OL and get a fast WR for Murray. After that, we need to greatly improve our Dline and get a good pass rusher. How do we do that with only 3 picks in first 100, and even those 3 not being in wonderful position per round.

Giving our success ratio in previous drafts, I would say if 2 of the 3 develop enough to get playing time this season it will be about average for us. Hopefully, one of those 2 will be a day one starter. The remaining picks we have might get us a couple of depth players if lucky. Those later picks are so late that they aren't even worth packaging to strengthen a trade proposal.

I would feel good if any plug and play prospect is left for us at #23. As long as we fill one of our holes, whether WR, OL, DL, or even CB I will be happy. I question if either our late R2 or R3 can get us anyone who will play enough to improve our team that much. That is why we might have to combine our #2 and #3 picks in order to move up to #s 8-10 in R2 to get a really good player who can start for us. If that be the case, then I am all for it. For me, 2 starters is much better than 1 starter and a couple of probable depth players.

We just don't find ourselves in a great draft or cap space place to feel we can make much progress compared to other teams. Our best hope in that is for all our players to get and remain healthy for next season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the hundreds of anti-Murray posts on this oh so negative board are proving to be not worth more than a bucket of warm spit. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. The BEST young QB in Cardinal history will be resigned. Thank the Lord.

I always expected him to be resigned.

The anger was at the way he handled it.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I honestly could care less if kyler is extended or his ace gets shopped. So far I’ve liked a whole lot more of the kid than not from what I’ve seen, but he is not irreplaceable and everything is for sale. The big thing for the cardinals is deciding if kyler is worth the SUBSTANTIAL investment. I for one am far from sold kyler is worth the risk.

I was told last summer “fitz says he not a good dude.” I personally believe this messenger to be telling me the truth. I’m far from a Larry ******** swinger, but I have a lot of respect for the man, and I personally think he right about K1.

I’m good if they trade him for 4 first/second rounders and possibly a couple players.
Didn't realize it was your money that was substantially being invested.
You're good if they trade him for 4 first/second rounders and possibly a couple of other players?????
Not sure how long you've been a (Phoenix Cardinals/Arizona Cardinals) fan but to alot of fans that understand that this team has been in franchise QB purgatory since relocating here to Arizona... Your post just seems sad.
The Cards got Warner at 85 years old (Sarcasm) and Palmer at 75 years old (Again sarcasm) but most people here get the point. Those guys were well out of their prime. Many posters here somehow still hold that outdated belief that Professional athletes should just be happy to play in the pros and take whatever these multi billionaires are willing to pay them..
Sad to say but "Those days are long gone and they ain't comming back"... So the Cards trade Murray.. Get cheap young draft picks and a cheaper Quarterback (You get what you pay for at the end of the day). So while other teams willing to pay their players are winning Superbowls, at least Cardinal fans can rest easy knowing when they get talented players. They can at least get in your words; " 4 first/second rounders and possibly a couple of other players". SMH
Every other good franchise has been able to take the risk and adjust if it doesn't work out (ex. Rams Jared Goff) but to not take a shot for fear of it not working out " Is kinda the opposite of what competition is about " and means the Cards should just go back to the old days of signing ex Cowboys players just to sell tickets.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And the hundreds of anti-Murray posts on this oh so negative board are proving to be not worth more than a bucket of warm spit. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. The BEST young QB in Cardinal history will be resigned. Thank the Lord.
LOL You roast darksiders and claim they secretly like it when we lose, but you "hate to say I told you so?" Color me disbelieving.

KM has handled the situation poorly to date. Today (or yesterday), he made a positive social media step. Good for him. It was a smart choice and I'm glad he and his agent took that step. Still a ways to go rehabbing his image, but it's a start.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Didn't realize it was your money that was substantially being invested.
You're good if they trade him for 4 first/second rounders and possibly a couple of other players?????
Not sure how long you've been a (Phoenix Cardinals/Arizona Cardinals) fan but to alot of fans that understand that this team has been in franchise QB purgatory since relocating here to Arizona... Your post just seems sad.
The Cards got Warner at 85 years old (Sarcasm) and Palmer at 75 years old (Again sarcasm) but most people here get the point. Those guys were well out of their prime. Many posters here somehow still hold that outdated belief that Professional athletes should just be happy to play in the pros and take whatever these multi billionaires are willing to pay them..
Sad to say but "Those days are long gone and they ain't comming back"... So the Cards trade Murray.. Get cheap young draft picks and a cheaper Quarterback (You get what you pay for at the end of the day). So while other teams willing to pay their players are winning Superbowls, at least Cardinal fans can rest easy knowing when they get talented players. They can at least get in your words; " 4 first/second rounders and possibly a couple of other players". SMH
Every other good franchise has been able to take the risk and adjust if it doesn't work out (ex. Rams Jared Goff) but to not take a shot for fear of it not working out " Is kinda the opposite of what competition is about " and means the Cards should just go back to the old days of signing ex Cowboys players just to sell tickets.
Been a fan since I was a kid and they moved here in 88, but that’s really neither here nor there. I also understand that paying $50m/yr is the cost of doing business. While is not my money, I understand there’s only so much of it to go around. Once we invest heavily there, we are limited to what we can spend in other positions. I haven’t seen kyler be so transcendent he makes other players on the field better. For example, Tom Brady went into a season with a receiver room that had a collective 40 catches for around 2-300 yards and took them deep into the playoffs. THAT is worth $50m/yr. Is kyler that type of dude? I’m not convinced he is. I agree he is the best QB this franchise has drafted since they’ve been in AZ (likely ever), but I’m not sure that is saying a lot. Lots of QBs get moved around/don’t workout for the franchises that draft them. You bring up Jared Goff, who signed a big extension and was later traded for a dude who came in and took them to the trophy. They made a mistake and moved on. Kyler has a lot to prove IMO. Ya his numbers are good and he’s an athletic freak, but there’s no denying his play has been dismal on bigger stages. It seems to me once he slumps, he can’t find his way out of it. I know Hopkins going down really hurt the team, but if it is truly the culprit behind the wheels coming off down the stretch, then there’s another reason Kyler isn’t worth 25% of player money.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fun fact: K1 is agent Eric Burkhardt's first top tier QB client

it seems like he is trying to make a name for himself. This doesn't 100% absolve K1 in all this -- the agent works for him. But, its i believe its a factor.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we take Guard off the board now for round 1?

Keim mentioned WR, OLB and CB are priority needs. You would have to think the 1st round would be one of those positions. Which is fine, there are some interior guys I like further back.

But I reckon all the Zion Johnson mocks can be voided.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Keim mentioned WR, OLB and CB are priority needs. You would have to think the 1st round would be one of those positions. Which is fine, there are some interior guys I like further back.

I thought the same thing too.

Cardinals aren't taking an OL. Keim mentioned edge, wr, and CB.

So probably a CB LOL

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So probably a CB LOL

The more I think about it the more I think Ebikitie is our pick. He's built for OLB. He's likely to be there are #23. And he's very good at rushing the passer. Although he needs work on his run defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I think Ebikitie is our pick. He's built for OLB. He's likely to be there are #23. And he's very good at rushing the passer. Although he needs work on his run defense.
He's a guy to consider, that's for sure.

Chandler Jones was awful at defending the run last year, so I doubt Ebikitie would be worse.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like...Google it yourself lol.

Bickley has bashed Murray since day one.
you're slandering him, might as well at least back up your claims he makes up lies about kyler to make him look bad.

so you have nothing, thanks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe, but he's also taken a DT, and 3 ILBs in the first round in fairly recent drafts.

Saying that WRs are hard to find seems like an admission of past failure. There are tons of good WR prospects that come out in every draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

So probably a CB LOL

Prolly a good idea to start reviewing tape on Devin Lloyd (UT) and Nakobe Dean (UGA).

Just in case.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Mid-April seems to be like a really weird time to be taking a victory lap. He's not re-signed, he hasn't won or lost any more games.

It's not like there was some kind of darksider consensus that Murray wouldn't or shouldn't be re-signed. Who do you feel like you're owning here?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Prolly a good idea to start reviewing tape on Devin Lloyd (UT) and Nakobe Dean (UGA).

Just in case.
Tristen Vance (NAU)

I've been dissecting youtube highlight tape late at night after several beers (trying to get into Keim's mindset) and stumbled across this guy. Small school cat no one is talking about, but he reminds be of Brian Urlacher. He only had 18 tackles in college, but not one of them was unimpactful.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just in case.
What's funny about all of this, is that you can't have enough athletes on your team. I would actually like to see either one on the Cards.

We obviously have other more pressing needs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would not overthink anything any GM says. I’d leave OL on the short list. Keim can always fall back on a BPA rationale.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Sadly, I think OL is out at 23, and I also think it's stupid to view OL as "set." The article mentions we're counting on Hernandez to start, and...sigh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose