Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
=
Naw both the club and kyler don’t need the bad press. It’s the right optics for both of them.
I get that. However, we'll see people tearing down Kyler once his agent does something else. Its the nature of the beast.

The optimistic view

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, unless the agent is going completely dark during negotiations then it's just a mini-break.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. You got those who sit back at Keim slander, but are ready to flame Kyler anytime & vice versa. Entertaining times.
Keim should have been fired after his extreme DUI. Instead, he was left in charge and, thinking he drafted the next Russ Wilson instead drafted the next Cam Newton.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim should have been fired after his extreme DUI. Instead, he was left in charge and, thinking he drafted the next Russ Wilson instead drafted the next Cam Newton.
Cam Newton carried Ron Rivera to the playoffs multiple times, made a SB, & won a MVP. He is also one of the greatest *dual threat* QBs of all time. While working with less-than-stellar offensive personnel most of his career.

I’ll be happy as hell if Kyler at least reached to that point.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fun to see who teams up with whom on the board on different debates.
That’s kind of a new debate I’d say. If Kyler mimics his last 3 years in the next 2 seasons as a Card I highly doubt he should be considered the Cards best QB in history. In fact not even close. Still Warner Bar none.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Newton carried Ron Rivera to the playoffs multiple times, made a SB, & won a MVP. He is also one of the greatest *dual threat* QBs of all time. While working with less-than-stellar offensive personnel most of his career.

I’ll be happy as hell if Kyler at least reached to that point.
Cam is a pouty diva when things don’t go his way. That’s the comp.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly subjective, mainly in Cam’s case. But, you’re one of those types when it comes to Cam, so I get it.
This was the ball game. Guess he didn't want that trophy as much as the other guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
S iIlly to ban me. Did I say “he” was stupid? No I did not. I said his ”comment” was stupid. Which IMO, it was. And I backed that premise with an explanatio. So, in reality, I didn’t attack him. It’s no different than the MANY people on this board that attack my comments. I have no problem with it because, in my opinion, they are NOT attacking me, but attacking my point of view. It’s a slippery slope.

Maybe you should go back and check your math. In year 2, Allen did NOT go to the AFC Championship game. He lost to the Texans in the 1st round & he singlehandedly handed that game over to the Texans.
Yeah I messed that up. However in year three he did go to the championship game. How did he singlehandedly gift the game to Houston? He had no TDs or INTs, fumbled twice and lost one of those. That's not exactly handing a game over.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I messed that up. However in year three he did go to the championship game. How did he singlehandedly gift the game to Houston? He had no TDs or INTs, fumbled twice and lost one of those. That's not exactly handing a game over.
I was born & raised in upstate NY, so the Bills have always been my 2nd favorite team. So for sure, I remember this game well. Allen managed the game well the 1st half & the Bills had a 16-0 lead half way through the 3rd quarter. For the game, Allen completed a little over 50% of his passes & the Bills were driving in the 4th quarter for what would have salted the game away. Allen got sacked & fumbled. Houston recovered & scored to make it closer. Then he had a brutal intentional grounding penalty late in regulation. Also had a 20 yard sack on a 4th down play in the 4th quarter also. He was completely rattled, but that’s what happens to young QB’s in their 1st playoff game. Look, I like Josh Allen. The guy that turned him around & corrected his many flaws was Daboll, who is now the HC of the Giants. Curious to see if he can do the same with Jones. I think he’ll be a great hire by the Giants, but time will tell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem I have had about the attacks on Kyler is that 95% of the attacks are based on speculative information.

Kyler didn't have to dispute what PP said, but he did. That speaks volumes. A few weeks ago in a public appearance he said the same. So it doesn't appear that Murray is doing anything more than playing contract games, which he should. It's not a personal attack on any of us.

Murray needs to grow up and he likely will. But the overreaction crew on this board is quick to pull the rug on the best young QB in franchise history. It's ludicrous. Murray has a good chance to be the best QB in franchise history. Honestly if he has two more years like his first three, he probably already is.

Yeah a lot of it was based on nonsense. I always expected him to be extended this off season.

But a lot was based on things he did. He handled it extremely poorly. He never should have been making demands in February and having his agent release statements.

But it's put to bed now hopefully.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you just want to argue with someone else’s opinion? Weird. But your prerogative.
Sometimes. I'm sure you don't always post every opinion on every subject/thread either. There are times I just don't have the energy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem I have had about the attacks on Kyler is that 95% of the attacks are based on speculative information.

Kyler didn't have to dispute what PP said, but he did. That speaks volumes. A few weeks ago in a public appearance he said the same. So it doesn't appear that Murray is doing anything more than playing contract games, which he should. It's not a personal attack on any of us.

Murray needs to grow up and he likely will. But the overreaction crew on this board is quick to pull the rug on the best young QB in franchise history. It's ludicrous. Murray has a good chance to be the best QB in franchise history. Honestly if he has two more years like his first three, he probably already is.
Honestly, I don't think that his latest statements will really matter much. People have spent the last few weeks trying to convince us that Kyler isn't a good leader.

People already have their mind made up. Unless Kyler brings us the constant winner that we have never had in this town, he won't be a leader.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Colin on Kyler (starting at 5:32)

This sums up the fans feelings on Kyler pretty well. Feels like it's all about him winning. He wants to win for himself, he doesn't want to do the things that elevate the team and builds a culture so he achieves that. He wants others to do that around him so he can win.

I'd add Burrow to the list of lean in guys too. He seems like that kind of character and really he carried an average (except WR) Bengals team last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This sums up the fans feelings on Kyler pretty well. Feels like it's all about him winning. He wants to win for himself, he doesn't want to do the things that elevate the team and builds a culture so he achieves that. He wants others to do that around him so he can win.

I'd add Burrow to the list of lean in guys too. He seems like that kind of character and really he carried an average (except WR) Bengals team last year.
Yes but he is like 99, 9% of the players
U listen them talking about best culture better fit playing for a team that give them a better chance to win but then u see their contract and u realize that money are the main and probably the only aspect
There is a general hypocrisy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes but he is like 99, 9% of the players
U listen them talking about best culture better fit playing for a team that give them a better chance to win but then u see their contract and u realize that money are the main and probably the only aspect
There is a general hypocrisy

Its not so much the money aspect. Mahomes was the most highly paid at one point.

Its the other things Cowherd mentions.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not so much the money aspect. Mahomes was the most highly paid at one point.

Its the other things Cowherd mentions.
The things he mentioned is about giving back something to win games, he mentioned Rodgers as top paid guy and kyler to want early money, and they melt down when the season matter most
Create a culture
He has used the examples of Duncan and Brady
Being unselfish guy, team leaders, taking pay cuts or restructuring salaries, helping with the cap and involved in front office activities, putting the team first
Murray doesn't show it, putting himself ahead of the team wanting early money awards, putting the organization in a bad spot..
I just said that basically the 99.9% players put their self ahead like everybody does, and money are money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.